Native Instruments DAW

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I think it would be cool if they came out with a DAW package.

Native Instruments DAW X with Komplete 9 + Maschine 2 included?

could be very interesting right?
Last edited by memyselfandus on Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Not unless it can do something amazingly different than what's already available.

It would only be cool if you had about $2-3k to spend on software/hardware.
This space has been unintentionally left blank.

They havn't even added midi import to Maschine after years, so a DAW is way way off,

It would be difficult for Native Instruments to add a DAW host and compete at the level as other hosts like logic, cubase, protools, live, and reaper.

Native Instruments in the title implies just that I think. Native Hosts would denote there focus towards hosts.

However I think that Kore is a good idea and can be expanded into a standalone performance live based host application like forte from brainspawn. I just don't see them releasing a sequencing daw any time soon.

I would like to see better quality in the kontakt factory library. The focus I think has been lost on accurate emulations and good sample recording processes and been replaced with a ton of fluff that is basically not usable. It looks like you are getting this giant sample library but really only a very small portion of it is actually usable.

Kontakt is the main reason everybody buys komplete because of the deal with included package. However they are overlooking the need for a really good sample library. Really it is watered down version of the VSL library which has been around for ever Kontakt version 1 basically the same samples.

So people aren't really getting the value I think they should out of the factory library. Full kontakt is generally required for the third party sample libraries to function. I think relying on third party developers to make kontakt better is gay. They need to sit down and record there own samples for there orchestral and band instruments. Also this new set needs to include recordings for each note and multiple velocity layers for each note with at least 5 layers. PP P MF MP F FF six commonly used levels in music notation that have to be present in order to accurately orchestrate music.

The idea of Kontakt was to beat Gigastudio which it did in terms of the program itself and its capabilities as a sampler. But in the process of that they have forgotten that a sampler needs really good recorded samples in order to accurately emulate a real world instrument.

If native instruments was smart they would record new samples for there library and come out with a physical modeling synth similar to wivi. Then combine the physical modeling with sampling this is the future of samplers.A perfect example of this working well is the Atlantis module from true pianos by 4front my new favorite piano library beats everything kontakt and even beats Ivory 2 Italian grand but only marginally.
The sleeper must awaken.

Developers can release as much stuff as they like, you can't have to much choice. They have some competition as is though.

However I like diversity, which is one of the reasons I stayed away from NI Komplete offers, I like a folder of diversity and I have to say, I also like buying from UK producers.

I love NI products by the way, I'm not dissing them, but LinPlug are good, Camel Audio, FX Pansion, Izotope etc

I would rather Camel Audio release a new effect or major update to Camel Space and Camel Phatt. I could see them catching up with Fabfilter in a few areas.

Bitwig is on the horizon and should be considered if your about to buy a DAW as their should be some launch appeal and new user database forming up.

I'm an Ableton user through and through, and it's best for my style of production.

I'd rather see FM9(with MIDI out on Arp), Massive 2 (with importing of wavetables), Reaktor 6, Battery 4, etc...

Concentrating on the Instuments part of NI....
KVR >Gear Slutz! Change my mind! :clap:

Native Instruments DAW = bad idea!!

:-o
Peace...
bluzkat

I would have thought that developing maschine would be a better solution than a DAW.
My milkshake brings all the girls to the yard

http://soundcloud.com/the-boogee-man

kev2525 wrote:I would have thought that developing maschine would be a better solution than a DAW.
1 +

A fusion of Kore 2 and Maschine that worked with both controllers would be awesome. Kore does have midi import as well as step sequencing, arp and many good quality midi and audio fx, and also provides the best host environment for sound design and cataloguing/managing presets hands-down, but lacks the ability to record, edit and sequence audio. Maschine handles the audio recording and editing, and expands on the drum/pattern based side of things.

Kore was about as close to DAW as NI will probably get. They flew a little close to the sun on that one and their abrupt exit from what might have otherwise been a major platform speaks volumes.

As some said above, the current players in the DAW game already have this base covered.

And, unfortunately, there's this:
diggler wrote: I think relying on third party developers to make kontakt better is gay.
Completely uncalled for, and, unnecessary. It's a big world out there. Try your best to respect everyone in it.

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

diggler wrote: I think relying on third party developers to make kontakt better is gay.
... the people behind Kontakt are gay??? Cool, didn't know that. I'm attracted to gay developers. Hmm... are they still hiring?
drab

Native Instruments releasing a DAW would be horrible. Imagine a whole new crop of fanboys and haters. The voices from a whole new slew of armchair marketing experts who really know nothing much about the developer's motive, nor business plan... but act like they do. Lots of locked threads, friend becoming enemies... and a whole lot more cats! No wait, that's reserved for bitwig. :hihi:
ModuLR / Radio

I dunno. Considering maschine, why is it such a bad idea? :shrug:

Really, maschine is pretty f....in stable and other than a couple of glaring omissions (er, multicore support anyone????) it's a lot of fun.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”