The Ballad of Sector Six (clicks and buzzes, mostly)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

(Last month's contest entry.)
The Ballad of Sector Six
1:21 / 1.9MB mp3 or 2.5 ogg (no idea why the ogg's larger)

mp3 . . . .ogg

Used: MU.LAB, Audacity, Orange Chorus beta, PitchShifter, GTune, arcDev ET-301, GS-201, Eos, Roundtone, Alchemy, jaw harp (all sounds in this are originally from the jaw harp), ZoomH2.
No longer a moderator.

The first thing I noticed about this was the clarity of the mix. It sounds fantastic. Was this recorded on the Zoom? If so, I think I have to go and buy one, money permitting. The sounds on here are so clean and "musical", it's hard to believe it's just a harp. I liked the music as well. Something Australian about it. I could imagine wrestling Crocodiles to this.

Great track 8) :tu:

Thanks a lot, seismic1.

Everything was recorded with the Zoom (then cut up, stretched, etc. in Audacity and assembled in MU.LAB, where one bit from the Audacity session was imported into Alchemy). I've been really pleased with it (the Zoom, I mean).
No longer a moderator.

I like a lot the clarity of the sound too :D Also the taste of the song and the creative editing is good, I would say that is "Nu Ethnic", if such a genre exists. You should elaborate it a little bit more, maybe using it as a starting point for something else :D

a very interesting piece of music. i like the way the rhythm shifts, very nicely done. i agree with Max - i would love to hear this elaborated upon.

neil.

well that is really cool work from a jaw harp

Great track DHM - and the creativity behind it makes it even better. Really enjoyed this. :)
Image Image

When I was very young my grandmother ran a boarding house. One old fellow played a jew's harp - that's what he called it - and he always warned me that the thing, if improperly played, could just chop off the tip of your tongue.

I hope you were careful. :)

Excellent piece, and I agree with everyone re: its sound, very clean on good phones here.

Best,

dp

Many thanks, everyone.
No longer a moderator.

macmurphy wrote:a very interesting piece of music. i like the way the rhythm shifts, very nicely done. i agree with Max - i would love to hear this elaborated upon.

neil.
I don't agree at all, with the elaboration, that is. I do agree with how fantastic it sounds. It's perfectly restrained and complete, IMNSHO. I'm really a fan of minimalism and it's not often that I find this level of clarity, restraint, and individuality in a piece. I think that you'd ruin it by extending it.

It's not a three course meal, or something you get at a diner. It's not a desert, or even a fancy coffee. It's like the oddest appetizer that you never thought that you'd want, but that blows you away and sets the tone for the rest of the meal.

Do something else, ping me when it's done.

gs

MaxSynths wrote:You should elaborate it a little bit more, maybe using it as a starting point for something else :D
Very cool indeed, and yes I too want more. Kodos on this, more please.

mr.me wrote:
MaxSynths wrote:You should elaborate it a little bit more, maybe using it as a starting point for something else :D
Very cool indeed, and yes I too want more. Kodos on this, more please.
I should be more clear...longer, more of. :hihi:

so so so so so so soooooooooo interesting....I had get up out of my chair a couple of times because I thought there was a ghost in my kitchen trying to cook up some goodness? But it was this way interesting and inspired track.

Nice work! :)

Have to agree with everyone else. Great stuff. Sounds so clean and clear and the length is perfect.

:love:

Return to “Music Cafe”