Computer Music Special:
Kx-PolyMod was created as a homage to the modular monsters of the 1970s,
complete with their instabilities. There are six voices of polyphony...
... It has a massive matrix area for seemingly unlimited routing
possibilities. Fortunately, instructions do pop up on screen to show you
what to do and where to go ...
... The sounds are unashamedly 1970s ...
... This is a synth that will inspire you to bring out your lab coat and
doodle for hours. Ideal for those who always wanted to work in the BBC
It is a new analog modular synthesizer with SF2 player, a mix between the Kxpm and the Kx-Synth-x16... I wanted to update the Kxpm23 but finally I built a new plug-in. 5 months of work! The presets are very vintage, include Mini and CS leads. A little drum set of 12 instruments in 24 bits (3.3 mo) is provided inside the setup or the zip.
Vintage modular polyphonic synthesizer with stereo SF2 player. To build analog 70's leads.
Up to 6 voices.
15*12 Matrix controlled by 5*5 Sub matrix, include 4 Kxmod sources!
5 Vcos with 5 waveforms, include the TriSaw, with Phase modulation and Sync (Vco1 only).
Oscillators 100% compatible with the Kx-Modulad's waveforms (med, 498k).
1 Stereo SF2 player (16 and 24 bits).
1 SF2 drum set (24 bits, 12 samples, 3.3 Mo).
4 Keyboard tracking (-10 to 10) for the Vcos and the Vcfs.
1 Ring Modulator with EQ.
1 Noise Generator with EQ.
1 Monophonic LFO with ADSR.
2 Multi-mode VCFs (20) with oversampled processes.
4 Polyphonic EGs with curves for each segment, velocity and Kbd controls.
1 X Y joystick controller.
1 Sample & Hold.
10 host sync clocks.
1 oversampled Distortion.
1 Soft Vintage EQ.
2 Delays with sync, multi-mode filter and modulation oscillator with sync.
1 Scope with 10 ms of buffer size.
1 Frequency display.
1 Note pad.
Full Midi learn.
Internal Fxp and Fxb management.
128 KX's presets (70's)!
File name: Kx-PolyMod.Dll
Author: Xavier Kalensky
OS: All Windows VST Hosts (32-64)
Type: 2.3 VSTi (32 bits)
1.00 © 06-08-2012
1.01 © 12-08-2012
1.02 © 02-09-2012
1.50 © 08-11-2012
1.51 © 18-11-2012
1.52 © 27-03-2013*
1.54 © 18-04-2013*
21 Kx77free SEM modules written in C++ for this plug-in:
oscillators, ring modulator, matrix, filter, adsr, distortion, delay, etc...
Built with Synthedit 1.1914
A virtual modular analog with matrix and stereo SF2 player.
Windows (32 or 64): Xp sp2, Vista, Seven.
Any compatible VST 2.3 32 bits host with Asio driver.
Any old mono sse2 processors ( P4, Athlon K8 ) .
The Magic Funky CS70 Lead
KX-POLYMOD - KS Dream - Run to the wall of the past
KX-POLYMOD - KS Dream - Magic sequence
KX-POLYMOD - KS Dream - Play and Re
18/04/2013: Kx-PolyMod, version 1.54:
- The S=0 envelop option could generate audio clicks with a short release time.
- The decay and release times were modified by the sustain level. A selector has been added to preserve the compatibility with the actual presets.
- Possibility of bug with the Fx2 synchronized with a very low host tempo.
- The Fx decay is now based on the synthesizer output and on the midi input to avoid to stop the Fx with a short decay when the Vca envelop is synchronized with the host tempo.
*This version replaces the 1.53 (provided the same day 18/04/2013) with the bug when the sustain is to 0, I though to delete it with the 1.52 (sorry for that...).
27/03/2013: Kx-PolyMod, version 1.52:
- New SFO compatible with the PAN feature of SF2 banks.
- New SSE2 SEM modules, up to 7% CPU won (min requirement >= Athlon K8 and P4).
- Improvement of the loading of large SF2 banks.
- Vcfs: possibility to replace the parameter "Master Cut" (F1 and F2) by a simple Cut off (F1).
- Improvement of the Fx: new sources of modulation, new SV filter (2 to 4 poles), dry level added.
- Filter Fx: now it is not necessary to set the resonance to half in LP mode to have a flat response curve.
- Lfo: peak follower added to smooth the Sample and Hold signal.
- Some automation names corrected.
- All notes are stopped when the selectors "P Max" or "P Note" are modified.
- The plug-in was overloaded when the distortion was oversampled if the sustain level, the release time of the Vca Eg were set to 0 and also when the Pan was on the left or on the right (too small signal level to the oversampled distortion).
18/11/2012: Kx-PolyMod, version 1.51:
- The delay time of the FX2 was false (divided by 60) when it was synchronized by the host.
09/11/2012 : Major update 1.5
Various improvements and new filters added, including those of the CS70M.
- Better reset of the voices (filters and oscillators).
- Now, the levels of the harmonics before the cut off do not decrease when the resonance is high (lp or bp, 18,12, 6).
- A soft Tanh process has been implemented in some d* filters, the signal is modified by the Tanh process following the input level. This is similar but produces less distortions.
- Four SV filters (lp, hp, bp, notch) added with the possibility to adjust the number of poles of the slope (2 to 4, 12dB to 24 dB).
- Two CS70M filters added (lp, hp), a special version of the SV filter with the same limits found in the tests: the cut off limited to 7040hz (9 volts) and the resonance level limited to 0.88.
- A GUI tool added: you can change the joystick background color to identify your plug-in if you have a session with many plug-ins used.
- The internal help texte has been modified to correct some errors and to update the test values.
- The cut off of the MgL2 filter was false, the values used were not those of the oversampled filters.
- In some cases, the F1-F2 mix multiplied the stereo Vcf output by 0, doing an anormal CPU use.
4/10/2012: 3 new video demos added:
Brasses and more
Sync Legato Lead
02/09/2012: Kx-PolyMod, version 1.02
- The bank has been completed with 34 presets, a lot of them use the Vco1 synchro.
- The amount of the Kxmod random values has been divided by 4.
- Some drum kits of the "Titanic" soundfont bank (230 mo) could crash the host when they were changed with the SF2 selectors and the EGs were synchronized by the host. The selectors have been deleted to avoid this bug but you can select the sf2 instruments with the menus.
To avoid to use too much memory with large soundfont banks, you can use the free sf2 editor "Viena" provided by:
One video added: Kx-Polymod - Master leads
minor update: 1.01 version
- Some filter processes could overload the plug-in when the resonance was set to max and the Vcf outputs were modified with the "St" button.