Let's talk about: Gear Acquisition Syndrome

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Wikipedia wrote:GAS hasn't received any major medical attention yet GAS is not a clinical condition. It can be the result of a psychological lack of personality (trying to give an impression of being the best by imitating a famous icon or celebrity), but this wouldn't explain why musicians "affected" by GAS tend to accumulate cheap gear, not linked to famous brands or music icons.
Hoarding cheap gear, yes I must admit to doing that :D
Last edited by Numanoid on Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Numanoid wrote:
Wikipedia wrote:GAS hasn't received any major medical attention yet GAS is not a clinical condition. It can be the result of a psychological lack of personality (trying to give an impression of being the best by imitating a famous icon or celebrity), but this wouldn't explain why musicians "affected" by GAS tend to accumulate cheap gear, not linked to famous brands or music icons.
Hoarding cheap gear, yes I must admit to doing that :D
Isn't this a requirement for being a member here at KVR? :D

After not having purchased new plugins for a while recently i had another GAS attack. Examples: TAL U-NO-LX, Arturia jupiter 8V, Wave Designer, ERS Dimension D Chorus, D16 Drumazon, D16 Phoscyon, Mutools MUX plus a few soundbanks. Most of those at a special price and/or sale.

Not sure if you could call all the stuff i got "cheap gear"...

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

It must be all the bean burritos!
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Aiynzahev wrote:Image
tis true

I bought Steinberg Sequel and Cakewalk Sonar LE, mostly I guess because they were on sale.

I'm quite sure I will find some use of them someday :lol:

jam92189 wrote:
Aiynzahev wrote:Image
tis true
We have Plausible Deniability....
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

there is no reason to deny anything for we have done nothing wrong.

then there is those of us who are trying to recapture our youth... or recapture the gear we thought we wouldn't need any more in the name of progress... or rent
:roll:

Too much extra money, too much time.

I have bought MachFive 3, V-Collection 3(which I already sold), Sampletron, SSD4 Essential and M1 Legacy within the last month. And now I can't resist to buy Omnisphere and I really want to buy Diva too.

ARGHHH somebody has to stop me.

Vertti wrote:I have bought MachFive 3, V-Collection 3(which I already sold), Sampletron, SSD4 Essential and M1 Legacy within the last month.
You bought and sold V-Collection 3 within the same month?

Numanoid wrote:
Vertti wrote:I have bought MachFive 3, V-Collection 3(which I already sold), Sampletron, SSD4 Essential and M1 Legacy within the last month.
My problem is that when I see a good offer I can't resist it. That's why I buy lots of things, test them and either like them or not. And if not then I sell them pretty quickly. The V-Collection wasn't for me.

Vertti wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
My problem is that when I see a good offer I can't resist it. That's why I buy lots of things, test them and either like them or not. And if not then I sell them pretty quickly. The V-Collection wasn't for me.
At the end i was glad that the Redeem code for the V-Collection didn't work so i got only Arturia Jupiter 8V (with the Killerkitty deal at JRR Shop) which was the one i really wanted (besides SEM V and Prophet V which i already got).

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

This year is when I officially suffered from software and sample libraries GAS:

Zebra 2 second hand from KVR
Phoscyon second hand from KVR

Upgrade Guitar Rig LE to Guitar Rig Pro 5, then to Komplete 8 during the Summer 50% Off Special.

EarVerb

Spitfire Albion
Soundiron Emotional Piano
Heavyocity Damage during 50% special

VSL Special Edition (all the volumes) - was planning to just use the SE until I've saved up for the full libraries, but then VSL do this irresistible 3+1 offer and price reduction on their DVD libraries... So I also purchased:

Elements Standard / DVD Collection
Dimension Brass / DVD Collection

Percussion Standard / DVD Collection
Appassionata Strings I Extended / License + Download

Complete Percussion Extended / License + Download
Solo Strings I Standard / DVD Collection

Woodwinds I  Standard / DVD Collection
Special Keyboards / DVD Collection

Got Appassionata Strings I Standard free
Solo Strings I Extended free (yet to claim)
Get Chamber Strings free (yet to claim)

I don't think I'm suffering from GAS anymore as I don't have any more to spend.

Could really do with a good 88-key piano-style MIDI keyboard though. Oh, and a big ass SSD for my samples.

8 months without new stuff,my goal is not to buyng new gear untill year end 8)
12 years old PC running :Reaper;Reason;Dune;Zampler;Kontakr;Reaktor;and many others countless vst :D

Return to “Instruments”