What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Filtering NOTE OFF in eXT 2.6

Official support for: energy-xt.com

Moderators: jorgen, pHz, bluedad, insertpizhere

ishkabbible
KVRist

124 posts since 16 Jul, 2012, from Vail, AZ

Postby ishkabbible; Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:45 pm Filtering NOTE OFF in eXT 2.6

I am attempting to "stretch" too-short notes from my drum pad by using filters to split NOTE ON and NOTE OFF messages into 2 different paths, delaying the NOTE OFF messages, then recombining them. HOwever, none of the filters or mungers I have tried seem to be able to filter just the NOTE OFF messages. They all either pass both the ON and OFF messages, or pass nothing. I even tried the MIDIlegato plugin from xoxos, which claims to do exactly what I want, and it doesn't work either.
I have a friend who is using this exact technique in eXT 1.4.
Is this a bug or a feature in 2.6, or am I just doing it wrong? Where can I get a copy of 1.4 to see if it works there?

On a possibly related note, the midiExactDelay plugin from piz is FAR from "exact" - the time delays seem to be off by about a factor of 10 (0.1s setting = 1s real delay). Is this possibly an indication that I have things set up incorrectly?
THanks for any advice
ZonderP
KVRist

484 posts since 18 Nov, 2008

Postby ZonderP; Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:25 am

You can download XT1.4.1 (absolute last version) here:
http://www.energy-xt.com/index.php?id=0102
Concerning the Piz plugin: You could ask 'insertpizhere' himself, what could be wrong.
He normally is very helpful and he is/was a energyXT user and at least some of his plugins were primarily written for use in XT1 at the first place.
Half human, half mayfly.
mickwest1
KVRist

49 posts since 19 May, 2009, from UK

Postby mickwest1; Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:43 am

I know this is a bit old now - but why don't you just increase the length of the notes - eg: in the editor - select all (ctrlA) - then use Alt+right arrow to lengthen the note

??
Cheers

Mick
ishkabbible
KVRist

124 posts since 16 Jul, 2012, from Vail, AZ

Postby ishkabbible; Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:13 am

mickwest1 wrote:why don't you just increase the length of the notes

Hi mickwest1,
I like to be able to hear what I am playing in real time.

As a followup, I finally figured out the problem - my drum pad does not send NOTE OFF messages, but instead uses the convention that a NOTE ON with velocity=0 is also considered a NOTE OFF. This is why I couldn't split out the NOTE OFF events - they weren't there to begin with. Mapping NOTE ON with velocity=0 to a delayed NOTE OFF solved my problem.

Moderators: jorgen, pHz, bluedad, insertpizhere

Return to energyXT