What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Rock- Recording Live with FL Studio - Amplitube 3/Guitar- BFD/Triggers

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

crimsontider
KVRian

880 posts since 4 Dec, 2004, from Alabama

Postby crimsontider; Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:11 am Rock- Recording Live with FL Studio - Amplitube 3/Guitar- BFD/Triggers

One take jam's with FL Studio
Amplitube 3/Hamer Guitar
BFD/Playstation Triggers

I am very happy with Amplitube 3. You can craft a variety of good sounds without an expensive guitar. You can trigger BFD and play effectively with $25
playstation drum triggers.

Very cheap live recording setup.

http://compusouth.net/music/latefowler.mp3
seismic1
KVRAF

6846 posts since 13 Mar, 2009, from UK

Postby seismic1; Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:53 pm

Impressive sounding guitar and that Toys R Us drum setup works really well :wink: The solo was sounding very good.

How do you record this? Straight into the DAW?

I'm thinking of getting a digital recorder to record some live stuff (drums & guitar), and then add the bass later. I suppose I could record straight into the DAW, but I'd have to relocate lots of studio equipment. Alternatively I could install a DAW on my laptop and connect the recorder to that. Just thinking out loud really.

Good work, Greg :)
crimsontider
KVRian

Postby crimsontider; Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:41 pm

seismic1 wrote:Impressive sounding guitar and that Toys R Us drum setup works really well :wink: The solo was sounding very good.

How do you record this? Straight into the DAW?

I'm thinking of getting a digital recorder to record some live stuff (drums & guitar), and then add the bass later. I suppose I could record straight into the DAW, but I'd have to relocate lots of studio equipment. Alternatively I could install a DAW on my laptop and connect the recorder to that. Just thinking out loud really.

Good work, Greg :)

I basically do a guitar jam into FL Studio's Edison live line in recorder, via my sound cards music in 1/8 jack. I usually just jam to a basic beat and note I have playing on my old yamaha psr-85 (not going to computer)

I then export the guitar wav file from Edison into "playlist as audio clip."

Play a drum part to it with the midi drums triggering BFD and align them in the playlist. I usually double the guitar part for the left and right and delay one a hair.

Then just tap out a bass part on my midi keyboard and maybe a keyboard on top

Make sure everything is in sync in the playlist.

I can't really do any track quantinizing because I am not really using FL's time because it started with an imported wav file as the base. I could if I wanted I suppose.

I lot of writing, but you get the simplicity to it I think :)

Thanks for listening.
Allomerus
KVRian

910 posts since 28 Aug, 2012, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby Allomerus; Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:43 am

Sounds good. Great guitar sound. Amazing what you can do with The equipment that's available today. I have actually recorded 4 live tracks onto my iPad with USB sound card and multitrack DAW.
Allomerus.com
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.
crimsontider
KVRian

Postby crimsontider; Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:31 am

Allomerus wrote:Sounds good. Great guitar sound. Amazing what you can do with The equipment that's available today. I have actually recorded 4 live tracks onto my iPad with USB sound card and multitrack DAW.

I have never tried anything like that but it sounds interesting. What you can create (live classic instrument) with a computer and VST Host sounds much better than the old days using lower end Fostex for hobby home stuff. I was amazed the day I discovered software synths and Fl Studio back in 2004 or so.

I am putting some really nice Seymour Duncan JB's in my guitar this week. I will be able to get a good sound without as many effects going. Right now I am using the pickups that you find in a lot of good companies mid priced lineup like Jackson, the Duncan Designed HB103's. The new JB's are the ones that folks like Jake E. Lee and Warren Martini use. I am excited about the prospects!

Thanks for the listen.
Greg
Allomerus
KVRian

910 posts since 28 Aug, 2012, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby Allomerus; Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:39 pm

Sounds exciting. I have a humbucking pickup in my strat, which I have had for many years, so I get the best of both worlds.
Allomerus.com
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.
crimsontider
KVRian

Postby crimsontider; Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:42 pm

Allomerus wrote:Sounds exciting. I have a humbucking pickup in my strat, which I have had for many years, so I get the best of both worlds.

That is the perfect combination in my book. You can do just about anything you want with that. That's what I am shooting for, my Hamer is a strat body style. Nothing but for me.
Brother Charles
KVRian

759 posts since 2 Jan, 2012, from Alberta, Canada

Postby Brother Charles; Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:05 am

Huge guitar tone - HUGE!

I like your playing a lot too . . .

The drums . . . who'd have guessed?

Nice work!
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Reviewer's Revival Blogsite | Facebook
crimsontider
KVRian

Postby crimsontider; Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:52 am

Brother Charles wrote:Huge guitar tone - HUGE!

I like your playing a lot too . . .

The drums . . . who'd have guessed?

Nice work!

I appreciate it. I bought the guitar for $120, it's a Korean Hamer Californian Slammer Series . They thought it was a Slammer by Hamer.

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe