What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Cableguys Curve 2 - Version 2.1 out now!

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Jakob / Cableguys
KVRian

755 posts since 11 Aug, 2005, from Hamburg, Germany

Postby Jakob / Cableguys; Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:48 am Cableguys Curve 2 - Version 2.1 out now!

Our synth Cableguys Curve 2 is out now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkXBBo9u_dU&hd=1

Curve is a software synthesizer with an irresistible waveform editor, huge sound library and slick interface. Ideal for both experimentation and detailed tweaking at an excellent sound quality.

http://www.cableguys.de/curve.html

Last edited by Jakob / Cableguys on Tue May 07, 2013 8:20 am, edited 4 times in total.
Jakob / Cableguys
KVRian

Postby Jakob / Cableguys; Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:52 am

That was quite a bit of work last night.. I'll take a short break and then hand-out the free Curve 2 licenses to everyone who purchased Curve 1 or the Cableguys Bundle on or after Dec 12 2011.

Also, Curve 2 licenses/discounts for the preset contest winners will arrive within the next hours.
mellotronaut
KVRAF

9983 posts since 2 Jan, 2005, from somewhere in the woods

Postby mellotronaut; Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:54 am

looks tasty Image
"It dreamed itself along"
brick
KVRian

518 posts since 11 Dec, 2003

Postby brick; Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:00 am

Good luck with it Jakob :tu:
fisherKing
KVRian

1067 posts since 6 Aug, 2009

Postby fisherKing; Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:02 am

i love this: "irresistible waveform editor"! will check it out tonite (am assuming there's a mac version...)... :-)
Jakob / Cableguys
KVRian

Postby Jakob / Cableguys; Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:04 am

fisherKing wrote:i love this: "irresistible waveform editor"! will check it out tonite (am assuming there's a mac version...)... :-)

Yes, Mac/PC, AU/VST/RTAS, 32/64bit all available (no AAX yet, though..)
dayjob
KVRian

686 posts since 6 Nov, 2006

Postby dayjob; Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:36 am

delete
Last edited by dayjob on Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jakob / Cableguys
KVRian

Postby Jakob / Cableguys; Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:40 am

dayjob wrote:i wish you guys would make an installer. dragging and dropping the files is only slightly annoying but i always get soem dumb OSX error and have to work around it.

"The operation can't be completed because some items had to be skipped. For each item, choose File > Get Info, make sure "Locked" is deselected, and then check the Sharing & Permissions section. When you are sure the items are unlocked and not designated as Read Only or No Access, try again."

i don't have this problem when dragging and dropping other components.. just yours for some reason. it's a mystery. :)

edit - nevermind.. i just have to go in and delete the old version of the component before dragging the new one into the components folder.

Glad you got it sorted out..
dayjob
KVRian

Postby dayjob; Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:50 am

Jakob / Cableguys wrote:
dayjob wrote:i wish you guys would make an installer. dragging and dropping the files is only slightly annoying but i always get soem dumb OSX error and have to work around it.

"The operation can't be completed because some items had to be skipped. For each item, choose File > Get Info, make sure "Locked" is deselected, and then check the Sharing & Permissions section. When you are sure the items are unlocked and not designated as Read Only or No Access, try again."

i don't have this problem when dragging and dropping other components.. just yours for some reason. it's a mystery. :)

edit - nevermind.. i just have to go in and delete the old version of the component before dragging the new one into the components folder.

Glad you got it sorted out..

crashes logic AU eval and then crashed logic. VST is fine in Live though
Jakob / Cableguys
KVRian

Postby Jakob / Cableguys; Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:53 am

dayjob wrote:crashes logic AU eval and then crashed logic. VST is fine in Live though

Uh, that should not happen of course. We've tested with Logic, and while Curve 2 is working fine in Logic here, it might fail Logic's AU validation. We are currently looking into this issue.

If AU Validation is failing, there is an easy workaround: Open "Audio Units Manager" in Logic's Preferences. Then select the row saying "Curve 2" and tick the column "Logic". You might need to click the field twice for Logic to accept your changes. But of course it should not crash. If it's crashing for others, let us know!
dayjob
KVRian

Postby dayjob; Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:55 am

Jakob / Cableguys wrote:
dayjob wrote:crashes logic AU eval and then crashed logic. VST is fine in Live though

Uh, that should not happen of course. We've tested with Logic, and while Curve 2 is working fine in Logic here, it might fail Logic's AU validation. We are currently looking into this issue.

If AU Validation is failing, there is an easy workaround: Open "Audio Units Manager" in Logic's Preferences. Then select the row saying "Curve 2" and tick the column "Logic". You might need to click the field twice for Logic to accept your changes. But of course it should not crash.

i did .. and then it crashed logic..

i'll quote chris randall "f**king logic" ;)

i bet you it'll pass AU eval on my desktop though and it's a mirror system. same OS and software hosts. joys of software development!
aMUSEd
KVRAF

19865 posts since 14 Sep, 2002, from In teh net

Postby aMUSEd; Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:55 am

So is this an additive? It looks like one
dayjob
KVRian

Postby dayjob; Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:00 am

here's the AU eval fail info if it helps. (also, i'd be happy to take this to your support form or PM or email or whatever. feel bad clogging the release thread w/this logic nonsense)

fisherKing
KVRian

1067 posts since 6 Aug, 2009

Postby fisherKing; Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:08 am

i'm getting the same 'fail' message in logic, but in the AU manager, just validate it a few times, and (here at least), that works. still, do not want to have to do this every time i open logic (which is what happens now).
Jakob / Cableguys
KVRian

Postby Jakob / Cableguys; Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:12 am

fisherKing wrote:i'm getting the same 'fail' message in logic, but in the AU manager, just validate it a few times, and (here at least), that works. still, do not want to have to do this every time i open logic (which is what happens now).

Yes, Logic makes it pretty difficult for developers.

But fixing the AU validation is top-prio for us anyway (we had fixed it the way Logic wants to before, and the plugin validated, but this slowed down switching presets in Curve dramatically, sigh).
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments