Audio Morph plugin for Windows?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Tried to locate vst plugin with similar features than the Prosoniq Morph
(which unfortunately discontinued their Win support for some time ago).
KVR database seem to be too large to find this exact plugin, can you
give me a hint? H.

Reference: wanted morphing features presented in this video (and maybe more!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isJ9jV-N ... r_embedded

I haven't watched the video, but Alchemy would be the obvious one to check out, it's designed to allow morphing between samples. What it does not do in the current version is morph formants (I don't think any plugin is capable of that, but could be wrong). Anyway, check out Alchemy here:

http://www.camelaudio.com/Alchemy.php

Peace,
Andy.
... space is the place ...

ZenPunkHippy wrote:I haven't watched the video, but Alchemy would be the obvious one to check out, it's designed to allow morphing between samples. What it does not do in the current version is morph formants (I don't think any plugin is capable of that, but could be wrong). Anyway, check out Alchemy here:

http://www.camelaudio.com/Alchemy.php

Peace,
Andy.
vst synth as a replacement for fx plugin? :o
Last edited by kvaca on Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ah OK sorry, I didn't realise this was in the FX section :)

Still, it's worth checking out Alchemy if the OP want to morph sounds - there are not many alternatives AFAIK.

Peace,
Andy.

ZenPunkHippy wrote:Ah OK sorry, I didn't realise this was in the FX section :)

Still, it's worth checking out Alchemy if the OP want to morph sounds - there are not many alternatives AFAIK.

Peace,
Andy.
Andy, here an initiative for you guys at CA :

Detach the morph section on Alchemy with all its features, and offer it to us, Alchemy buyers - for free.

Waddaya say ? :)
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Tp3 wrote:

Peace,
Andy.

Detach the morph section on Alchemy with all its features, and offer it to us, Alchemy buyers - for free.

+1
I am not an alchemy user but I would pay for that! :shock:

Totolitoto wrote:
Tp3 wrote:

Peace,
Andy.

+1
I've got few Alchemy libraries - I use just Alchemy player, the morhing matrix there is based on a bit different apporoach than the Prosoniq Morph, isn't it?
(And in player you can't download your own files). Therefore wouldn't like to buy the Alchemy just for the morphing - as great the Alchemy is.
FM8 includes also morphing and a couple of other synths, too.
I wonder if there isn't really fx plugin corresponding the 10 years old Prosoniq Morph (or plugin including all the basic features+)? After the Morph different developers have launched thousands of all kind of plugins - not any morphing plugins among those? H.

Do you mean as an FX plugin? Or just a separate morphing only plugin?
Are you talking about "parameter morphing" or "audio morphing". These are really 2 different concepts.

If you want parameter morphing in an FX plugin, you could check out the OhmForce plugins - all of these allow 8 separate snapshots to be selected while processing live audio.

The type of morphing Alchemy does is both - parameter morphing (the remix pad) and also morphing of actual audio from one sound (e.g. a piano) to another (a flute). It does this by analysing the partials that make up the original sounds to create a hybrid "in between" sound - a piano-flute, for example.

Peace,
Andy.

Harry_HH wrote:
Totolitoto wrote:
Tp3 wrote:

Peace,
Andy.

+1
I've got few Alchemy libraries - I use just Alchemy player, the morhing matrix there is based on a bit different apporoach than the Prosoniq Morph, isn't it?
(And in player you can't download your own files). Therefore wouldn't like to buy the Alchemy just for the morphing - as great the Alchemy is.
I wonder if there isn't really fx plugin corresponding the 10 years old Prosoniq Morph (or plugin including all the basic features+)? After the Morph different developers have launched thousands of all kind of plugins - not any morphing plugins among those? H.
Harry,sorry Im not interested in such fx,but AFAIK MeldaMVocoder is capable of some morphing stuff,but you should better ask devs for the details :)

When it comes to morphing the most impressing I've heard yet is the Kyma system.

http://www.symbolicsound.com/cgi-bin/bi ... SoundClips

(scroll down to the Audio morphing soundclips)

If someone did a plugin with similar capabilities (is there any ?) I think it would gather some interest.

Crazy stuff! :shock:
Are there any more programs, which do stuff like that?

kvaca wrote:
Harry_HH wrote:
Totolitoto wrote:
Tp3 wrote:

Peace,
Andy.

+1
Harry,sorry Im not interested in such fx,but AFAIK MeldaMVocoder is capable of some morphing stuff,but you should better ask devs for the details :)
Well, that's what I'm interest in, and what is the motivation of this thread - i.e. reasonable priced plugin which just do the basic morphing (see the attached video features), is as simple as possible to use, and has high end sound quality. It's wonderful if some synth or free player can do this, please inform me of those. Vocoder is of course one possibity to do the morphing, but once again, a different approach - and different result than the Morph. H.
Last edited by Harry_HH on Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ZenPunkHippy wrote:
Do you mean as an FX plugin? Or just a separate morphing only plugin?
A separate FX plugin. One that does...
ZenPunkHippy wrote:...The type of morphing Alchemy does is both : parameter morphing (the remix pad) and
also morphing of actual audio from one sound (e.g. a piano) to another (a flute).
So, there you have it : everything is cooked and laid out, ready to be served. :tu:
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Awesome! It will be ready tomorrow :)

It's a possibility, I'm sure Ben has considered this but I'll ask for more info. Not something we would discuss until it's released, though!

Peace,
Andy.

ZenPunkHippy wrote:Awesome! It will be ready tomorrow :)
Today, McFly, TODAY ! :lol: :P

Naa.. was just pitching as idea, that's all :tu:
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Return to “Effects”