What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Mac pricing ? Wait or buy now

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRist
 
147 posts since 11 Apr, 2005

Postby markbenson; Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:31 pm Mac pricing ? Wait or buy now

I want an i7 MacBook pro with extra ram but the price is crazy really
I'm wondering if there are any new processors due out soon ?
So the current macs may drop in price, I know how apple love to bring out new generations of
their devices very quickly. So should I wait till the new year or grab one
now?
MB
User avatar
KVRAF
 
1895 posts since 10 Oct, 2007, from Almanya

Postby chokehold; Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:38 pm

The new MacBooks came out this year, end of August IIRC.
It'll be a while until they'll put new processors into them. ;)
KVRian
 
567 posts since 6 Jun, 2009

Postby Ashe37; Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:24 pm

Apple is actually pretty slow about updating their computers. Whereas everyone else updates with every release by intel, Apple updates once a year or so... Apple's next CPU update is likely to not happen until after Haswell ships.
KVRian
 
1061 posts since 1 Jan, 2004, from England

Postby danbroad; Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:32 pm

I'm in the market for a new iMac, and as far as I can remember this is the first announcement where the supply chain wasn't already in place to back it up. Usually, a new Apple announcement is pretty much a sign of 'ready to ship' whereas this time it seems a little more hype-delay.

I'm prolly wrong, though, and all the mac guys will list for me the number of pre-announcements Apple have made recently..
11, 418th in line to the KVR throne
User avatar
KVRAF
 
1898 posts since 7 Jan, 2005, from Corporate States of America
  

Postby Jace-BeOS; Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:03 pm

Unless you're waiting for a new Mac Pro machine, there's not much reason to wait. The updates were recently made, this year, as noted.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud
KVRist
 
147 posts since 11 Apr, 2005

Postby markbenson; Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:23 am

thanks for the info guys, i just ment since they release ipad version rather fast etc thought the macbooks could be updated also, as im trying to get the best price i can on this. Most places seem about the same price
MB
User avatar
KVRAF
 
2419 posts since 17 Jul, 2002
   

Postby George; Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:25 am

If you can't wait one more year, once Haswell CPU models are out, buy now.
User avatar
KVRAF
 
1895 posts since 10 Oct, 2007, from Almanya

Postby chokehold; Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:27 am

As I said, the new Mac Books just came out 2 months ago, the hardware in it is as fresh as it's ever gonna be until the next update in at least a year or so.
KVRist
 
147 posts since 11 Apr, 2005

Postby markbenson; Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:42 am

fair enough, so would you guys just recommend buying direct from apple?
MB
KVRian
 
1165 posts since 25 Dec, 2003, from Kentucky y'all
 

Postby jcschild; Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:11 am

are you using logic? if not then you would be foolish to buy an Apple..
if logic then you have no options (well hackintosh but i dont recommend
Scott
ADK
User avatar
KVRAF
 
1898 posts since 7 Jan, 2005, from Corporate States of America
  

Postby Jace-BeOS; Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:40 pm

Do you see any real variation in pricing from other sellers of Apple computers? Do you want to buy Apple Care?
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud
KVRist
 
147 posts since 11 Apr, 2005

Postby markbenson; Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:40 am

well i cant seem to find any variation in price really, i wanted to upgrade the 13" mac book pro i7 from 8gb to 16gb but they wont allow me to do this now, i found a store that does this and the price is £1500

im using ableton live 8 currently but wanted to move to logic really,
ive got a 1 year old i7 pc with 4gb ram which was build for music but it keeps freezing and crashing, getting fed up with this to be honest

i dont want apple care nope
MB
KVRAF
 
5803 posts since 30 Dec, 2004, from London uk
 

Postby UltraJv; Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:50 am

markbenson wrote:well i cant seem to find any variation in price really, i wanted to upgrade the 13" mac book pro i7 from 8gb to 16gb but they wont allow me to do this now, i found a store that does this and the price is £1500

im using ableton live 8 currently but wanted to move to logic really,
ive got a 1 year old i7 pc with 4gb ram which was build for music but it keeps freezing and crashing, getting fed up with this to be honest

i dont want apple care nope


freezing/crashing is down to hardware or drivers, possible plugins. No need to buy another computer to fix this. If youre specific about the problem here im sure it can be resolved.
KVRian
 
1086 posts since 12 Mar, 2005

Postby polaris20; Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:58 am

jcschild wrote:are you using logic? if not then you would be foolish to buy an Apple..
if logic then you have no options (well hackintosh but i dont recommend
Scott
ADK


Unless he just wants a Mac. I don't think he wanted this to become a Mac vs. PC thread, otherwise he would have asked that question.
KVRist
 
147 posts since 11 Apr, 2005

Postby markbenson; Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:12 am

while i don't like the price of any apple products i do want to move to logic so i don't see this as much of a choice, i know you can get a fast more powerful built pc or laptop for half the price of a mac but still no logic, which is a pain as i would prefer not to buy another computer.
i am actually more surprised there is not more pro mac comments here.
MB
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Computer Setup and System Configuration