What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Heavy House/Trance feedback? Please be honest...

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

vata44
KVRian

1482 posts since 29 Jul, 2007

Postby vata44; Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:47 pm Heavy House/Trance feedback? Please be honest...

So here is a little demo at an attempt of your average run of the mill house/trance genres. I am hoping you can be as honest as possible about the mix, levels, mixing, compression, etc. I usually do ambient type stuff, so this is new for me.

Thank you all for your feedback... it really helps as a guide. :)

http://atmastudios.com/demo/%20vaisnava%20-%20escapism%202.mp3
Mr. Envelope
KVRer

1 post since 4 Nov, 2012, from Stockholm, Sweden

Postby Mr. Envelope; Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:11 am

This is a good track! Not my kind of style, but I really enjoyed it! I can hear that you usually do ambient stuff in this one, but thats not a bad thing. I like when you hear influences of other genres. I gave it five listens and I think it sounds great, can't complain about anything really. Good job!
adeb
KVRer

3 posts since 2 Apr, 2012, from cumbria

Postby adeb; Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:53 am

Your track is really good. Like the energy in it. Bit similar to what I do. Excellent arrangement I'd say, production excellent, listened to it through good 'beyer dynamic' headphones. Nice one. Keep it up!

From 'A distant earth'. (ade.b)
lofty
KVRist

117 posts since 13 Nov, 2011

Postby lofty; Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:04 pm

decent :-) I can imagine that working well in amongst the sort of futuretro discohouse stuff that weatherall's a love from outer space night picks out

really lush synth layers - i like how they're a bit more obviously digital - almost like a ppg or some other 12bit sounds and quality mix there with the track not sounding mushy despite having a bunch of layers on the go - good skills

soz not an expert so can't really offer any tech feedback - defo sounds up there with stuff being released already tho

i could defo see it working at nights where they play tunes like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U64TUN-Dtlo
seismic1
KVRAF

6663 posts since 13 Mar, 2009, from UK

Postby seismic1; Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:57 pm

It's hard to tell from a short excerpt like this, but I'd say it sits somewhere between Deep House and Trance, with the percussion having a definite House feel. The mix sounds good, with no jarring sounds, so you've probably got it right.

Good work :)
vata44
KVRian

Postby vata44; Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:56 pm

Thank you all for the feedback. :) I will work on making it longer and trying to tighten some things up. I only have my headphones and a pair if computer speakers to work with. Kinda in the dark.
lofty
KVRist

117 posts since 13 Nov, 2011

Postby lofty; Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:42 am

I was enjoying listening to milky disco 3 mix compilation on LO recordings from 2010 last night - lots of very synth heavy tracks but with a bit more of a house rather than a trance feel - might be a good musical area to explore for inspiration. Sometimes that genre is referred to as cosmic or nudisco and I guess it's quite a timeless sound - tracks like black devil disco were made in 1978 but labels like norwegian smalltown supersound sound fresh and mix in with the same vibe

that 1978 bernard fevre album was rated as the best music aphex twin had ever heard - it's a fascinating musical area to explore - sort of the machines of progressive rock but focussed in a totally different direction. metro area sort of reignited passion for that italodisco and early house sound with artists like luke vibert recording as kerrier district in response. todd terje is probably my favourite artist in that vague musical area. There's more freedom of bpms than with trance and yet the sound is much fuller and more flowing than house.

Releases like http://www.xlr8r.com/reviews/todd-terje/its-arps are well worth checking out
fateamenabletochange
KVRAF

3117 posts since 13 Jul, 2003, from outer rim

Postby fateamenabletochange; Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:13 pm

I like this, has a warm wide sound, and small nuances are easy to hear.
folderol
KVRAF

4304 posts since 5 Aug, 2006, from UK - Here!

Postby folderol; Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:16 pm

I liked what you have here, but don't think the bits of speech actually add anything - to me, they actually get in the way.
Just my opinion of course :shrug:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was)
Phase47
KVRian

867 posts since 21 Aug, 2011

Postby Phase47; Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:27 pm

Sounds lush!
vata44
KVRian

Postby vata44; Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:09 pm

its very LuSH ;)
dalor
KVRAF

2506 posts since 1 Dec, 2004, from Sydney, Australia

Postby dalor; Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:30 pm

vaisnava wrote:its very LuSH ;)
+101
Cowbells!
OmniPsyence
KVRist

85 posts since 1 Jun, 2011

Postby OmniPsyence; Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:44 pm

Forrest, this is awesome!! Nice work man, I really like this piece. We definitely need to reconnect and try to start something together, IMO.

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe