Universal Patch Finder

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Universal Patch Finder

Time to create a thread dedicated to my freeware. :wink:

what's new:
- I'm working on the next release to provide a powerful tagging system for patches (import mediabay and kontakt db)
- Next step could be auto-tagging, may be with plugin system to allow other folks to create powerful algorithm.

droopy6 wrote:
ben_horwood wrote:It crashes in my host (Brainspawn forte), when used as a VST
I will take a look.
Awesome, thanks. :)
droopy6 wrote:
ben_horwood wrote:This means that the whole bottom section is cut off on my 15" screen and I can't see any of the files listed
the standalone version can be resized vertically.
Yes, but on the standalone version you can't stretch it any further on a smaller monitor anyway. Hence why I suggested having the scrollbar on the side. ;)
droopy6 wrote: - I'm working on the next release to provide a powerful tagging system for patches (import mediabay and kontakt db)
Kontakt database import would be totally kick-ass. :D
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Thanks, this is a very good app indeed, it catalogs and finds stuff with lightning speed and seems very reliable too. The search, filter and rating system is gold, as is the fact that it remembers all between recalls.

Some bugs still to be ironed out like a graphics glitch I'm having, and also several paths to the app and multiple ini's causing trouble, but hopeful those can be fixed (a single path please).

One request is to make the middle window as an option since it just takes a lot space for no good reason as the tags do the same thing, don't really need big buttons with graphics on it imho. I know Kontakt has a similar thing, but doesn't mean it's efficient.

Is this samples only or will it be able to catalog synth patches other sources than actual sample libraries? Synth1, Massive, Fm8 ... you name 'em :wink:

K-Bee wrote:Is this samples only or will it be able to catalog synth patches other sources than actual sample libraries? Synth1, Massive, Fm8 ... you name 'em :wink:
it can index any file, but the application must handle drag&drop. that's the only limitation.
edit the file ProgramData\Hypercube Softwares\Universal Patch Finder\UniversalPatchFinder.ini to add file types.

it can index any file, but the application must handle drag&drop. that's the only limitation.
And that may be the main issue. Don't think many vst's can do that.
Wasn't there another freeware patch manager out at some point. could have sworn i read something a year or so ago. :?

K-Bee wrote:Wasn't there another freeware patch manager out at some point. could have sworn i read something a year or so ago. :?
Yep, Big Tick Zen.

That's the one, thanks my fellow Kurzweil connoisseur :)

:D

Yep, Big Tick Zen.
indeed they have to start the VST inside Big Tick Zen to be able
to retrieve and set any patches.
one drawback for another... there is no standard solution unfortunately.
doesn't seem to preview anything at all by the way...(rex,wav,aiff)

So....having Universal Patch Finder for samples and Zen for synth pacthes could be a 2 way solution for auditioning everything one might have?

I'm just scared of having like 25 plugins open at one all of a sudden because I'm looking for the right sound on a huge list of, say, leads. It seems Zen opens them automatically when clicking the links. They should close them too when changing to a new plug.
This will never be a problem with samples I suppose.

What app this this on about?

Before I publish it on Kvr, you can take a look on the new release here:
http://hypercube-softwares.dyndns.org/s ... ch-finder/

what's new:

- complete tagging system for patches
- Auto-tagging Plugins in C# scripts, .NET assemblies or native DLL
- import kontakt and mediabay tags
- fixes related to gui refresh
- 31 pages manual in bad english :phew:

Christmas or not, it's free as usual. :D

Any chance it will be expanded to include BestService Engine/YT Independence, EastWest Play and UVI WorkStation/MachFive 3 patches?

Thanks in advance. :wink:

well, the idea now is to do it by yourself with the plugin system.
8)

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”