What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Heliox support

Talk about all things "Developer Challenge" related.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRer
 
10 posts since 31 Jul, 2007, from Latina, Italy

Postby remig; Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:35 pm Heliox support

This thread is for Heliox support (in case it is needed...:-)).

If you find bugs, or if you have comments, suggestions, criticisms etc... please feel free to post here.
KVRian
 
540 posts since 1 May, 2011

Postby miedex; Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:03 pm

I really like this thing. No bugs found but the circular knob dragging is a bit awkward (as it always is), up-down knob dragging would be preferable.

Is this your first plugin? Do you plan to make more stuff?
miedex
KVRist
 
71 posts since 7 Mar, 2004, from France
 

Postby jeff51; Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:04 am

hi . I put ".dll" in my plugin folder, but I can't show in my DAW ! :(
KVRer
 
10 posts since 31 Jul, 2007, from Latina, Italy

Postby remig; Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:20 am

miedex wrote:
Is this your first plugin? Do you plan to make more stuff?


Yes, it's my first plugin, and I have some ideas to develop more stuff (coming soon...).
KVRer
 
10 posts since 31 Jul, 2007, from Latina, Italy

Postby remig; Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:22 am

jeff51 wrote:hi . I put ".dll" in my plugin folder, but I can't show in my DAW ! :(


What DAW are you using ?
Mr Entertainment
 
10445 posts since 29 Apr, 2002, from i might peeramid
 

Postby xoxos; Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:11 pm

it could use some obvious accoutrement, eg. onboard modulators, polyphony, longer envelope times. i think i just about recorded a cd with it.. stable performance, low cpu, nicely parameterised algorithm, useful and unique.

a keeper!
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha xoxos.net free vst. neither a follower nor a leader be
tagore "where roads are made i lose my way"
KVRer
 
10 posts since 31 Jul, 2007, from Latina, Italy

Postby remig; Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:45 am

xoxos wrote:it could use some obvious accoutrement, eg. onboard modulators, polyphony, longer envelope times. i think i just about recorded a cd with it.. stable performance, low cpu, nicely parameterised algorithm, useful and unique.

a keeper!


almost can not believe it .... many thanks

I'm thinking about Heliox 2, with additional features. Maybe polyphony should be an issue, because of the number of oscillators, but never say........
Mr Entertainment
 
10445 posts since 29 Apr, 2002, from i might peeramid
 

Postby xoxos; Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:28 am

based on what people tell me about cpu performance, i think it would be acceptable. heliox used ...5% ?? of my 1.6g processor, less than 10%. i think this is "economical" by todays standards.

i hope more people notice this.. it is very easy to produce a signal that, with some stereo processing, can easily pass for ambience of complex urban background noise.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha xoxos.net free vst. neither a follower nor a leader be
tagore "where roads are made i lose my way"
Mr Entertainment
 
10445 posts since 29 Apr, 2002, from i might peeramid
 

Postby xoxos; Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:54 am

http://www.xoxos.net/temp/helioxboids.mp3

these are all very similar and don't show off what the synth can do (great motile engine.. for any kind of patch where animation is desired - remember the harmonic series when patching!).

all samples are through boids, though i picked segments where "tonal" options on boids don't colour the signal as much as add stereo/ensemble.

i think an ambient album could be made with only some reverb :)

the first segment is the first patch (aquatic) through boids preset (critter fog). to me it sounds like a bad miced recording of a man and a woman having a conversation (the woman is closer to the mic and has some bass from proximity effect).
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha xoxos.net free vst. neither a follower nor a leader be
tagore "where roads are made i lose my way"
KVRer
 
10 posts since 31 Jul, 2007, from Latina, Italy

Postby remig; Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:42 am

xoxos wrote:http://www.xoxos.net/temp/helioxboids.mp3

these are all very similar and don't show off what the synth can do (great motile engine.. for any kind of patch where animation is desired - remember the harmonic series when patching!).

all samples are through boids, though i picked segments where "tonal" options on boids don't colour the signal as much as add stereo/ensemble.

i think an ambient album could be made with only some reverb :)

the first segment is the first patch (aquatic) through boids preset (critter fog). to me it sounds like a bad miced recording of a man and a woman having a conversation (the woman is closer to the mic and has some bass from proximity effect).


Very nice example .... if you create some piece with it, please let me know.
KVRAF
 
5930 posts since 25 Sep, 2003, from right here, as you can see ...
 

Postby brok landers; Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:10 pm

i love this wierd thing, does really great ambiences/noises... this should actually be an osc-section for a full substractive synth with fx... kinda reminds me of alchemy's additive mode, which does such wierd noises, too...
btw, please, as xoxos said, longer env as well as please get rid of linear decay's and releases.
v2 could be easily stereo (!!) and polyphonic. as xoxos said, one could do an ambient album with this thing, if it is brought to an end, so to say... :)

:tu:

and may i add that an inverse harmonic damping, which kills from the fundamental upwards as addition would be very nice, too...
reg, the brok
Image
-gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man-
User avatar
KVRist
 
161 posts since 14 Jun, 2011, from Earth
 

Postby ccDuckett; Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:06 pm

Hi- and first, thanks for a unique instrument.

Second, I wanted to report that in LiveProfessor 1.03 Free, the plugin manager is listing Heliox as "Failed! (Invalid access to memory location)".

It's showing some odd behavior with Reaper 4.30 as well- always initially scanning and listing under instruments OK, but only once in a blue moon actually able to load; most times Reaper simply says it can't be loaded, immediately after trying to insert it. The rare times it does load, saving then reopening the project will trigger the "can't be loaded/is missing" error.

I've tried deleting then reinstalling Heliox, as that old trick's solved past scanning/loading issues with other plugins, but no joy.

Though my machine's a Win 7 (x64), LP and Reaper are both (x86), as many of my plugs are (x86), and bridging hasn't been consistent enough to warrant abandoning a (x86) host.

If others reading this have a fix or this sounds familiar, please don't hesitate to chime on in; I could be missing something spectacularly obvious, or just be the first to report the issue here, but I'd sure be interested either way ;)
KVRer
 
10 posts since 31 Jul, 2007, from Latina, Italy

Postby remig; Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:57 am

ccDuckett wrote:Hi- and first, thanks for a unique instrument.

Second, I wanted to report that in LiveProfessor 1.03 Free, the plugin manager is listing Heliox as "Failed! (Invalid access to memory location)".

It's showing some odd behavior with Reaper 4.30 as well- always initially scanning and listing under instruments OK, but only once in a blue moon actually able to load; most times Reaper simply says it can't be loaded, immediately after trying to insert it. The rare times it does load, saving then reopening the project will trigger the "can't be loaded/is missing" error.

........


I tested with the latest LiveProfessor Free on Windows XP (32-bit) and it seemed OK (it's listed in Plugin Manager, and I'm able to play it using Yoke MIDI loopback ports).
I have no chance to test it on Reaper, sorry.

Now I'm working on the polyphonic version of Heliox, Heliox 1.2, with some minor adjustments, and I have some plans about Heliox 2, with some interesting new features .... stay tuned.
User avatar
KVRist
 
161 posts since 14 Jun, 2011, from Earth
 

Postby ccDuckett; Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:59 am

Thanks for the reply- happy to hear more is planned. As far as the problems, perhaps it is a Win 7 peculiarity, as I notice your testing was on a machine running XP? In any case, I will see if another host can load Heliox without problems, and will certainly stay tuned!

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to DC Chat