What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Sonar X2 Demo available

Plug-in hosts and other software applications discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

hibidy
KVRAF

41574 posts since 20 Dec, 2005

Postby hibidy; Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:57 pm Sonar X2 Demo available

http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.aspx?m=2714009

Really curious how people will get on with a couple of things as I have no doubt people will demo it.

a) now time funkola: The quote from cake I got on a support ticket was "we've encountered a number of problems with the now time" Hmmmmmmmmm. Well, hopefully they are getting it figured out. But my biggest beef is it doesn't always snap where your snap time should. It's off just a little before or after.

b) Midi loop recording. This has been a problem for a number of us. NOT confirmed by cake though, so I'm really anxious to see how that goes for people using the demo. Biggest issue is if you loop a part, and want to record the midi in that part, depending on the tempo, it's missing the first little part on all clips. THEN look at the top grey part of the loop......is it missing that section? When trying to fill in that grey part to test I usually get a crash. And see below...

c) Crash reporter actually working :lol:

d) EQ handles on the pro channel are REALLY fiddly. Especially if you have LP or HP enabled.

I'll think of more, but other than the now time, people are getting on pretty good with it so curious if you run into these. Please do test it and let us know what you think. For all the complaining about issues, there are some nice things. You've prolly love take lanes!
CTStump
KVRist

390 posts since 9 Jan, 2012, from Dona Ana, New Mexiico in the US of A

Postby CTStump; Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:29 pm

Hey hibidy you've probably tried this already, do you have the snap set to zero crossing as this will also effect the now time when you click on it with the mouse whereever you try to move it.

If you haven't uncheck the snap and try it to see if it does the same thing. :?
hibidy
KVRAF

Postby hibidy; Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:56 pm

I can't remember everything I've tried :shrug:

@demo: I would have thought people would be far more interested in this. Did everyone already buy it, or have people just decided not to bother? :hihi:
twoifbysea
KVRist

277 posts since 25 May, 2011, from Northern CA

Postby twoifbysea; Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:04 pm

I bought it, used it for a couple of weeks, couldn't complete a project due to a constant obscure crashes, wasn't surprised by this, went back to Studio One V2, lived happily ever after.
sonicpowa
KVRian

996 posts since 3 Jul, 2009

Postby sonicpowa; Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:41 am

Cakewalk's first release is usually quite buggy so I'm surprised there's already demo. They should've waited until first update, but I'm sure obvious bugs will be ironed out with it (they better do it because I already bought it! :D )
lingyai
KVRAF

1578 posts since 27 Jan, 2011

Postby lingyai; Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:22 am

I'm tempted to download the demo but am reluctant to invest the time in learning what, according to the consensus -- is a version which is bound to be superceded by a bug-fixed one in due course.
hibidy
KVRAF

Postby hibidy; Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:02 pm

I too was really surprised they did this w/o a first bug release.
Jace-BeOS
KVRAF

1883 posts since 7 Jan, 2005, from Corporate States of America

Postby Jace-BeOS; Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:38 pm

FIRST releases are buggy?

I'm working in Sonar 8.5.3. The third release of 8.5. I can reliably generate a Sonar hang by trying to create looping shuttle playback on a blank project or, unreliably by toggling looping on/off during playback. Audio is glitchy as hell. Other freeze issues abound. I discovered a few reliably repeatable other set of bugs too in that version. One was confirmed by support and then disclaimed by the cakewalk guy visiting this forum. Not to mention the asinine VST registration process leading to "missing plugins" and an inconsisten inability to diagnose, constant GUI glitches...

I bought versions 4 through 8.5. NOT upgrading again.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud
hibidy
KVRAF

Postby hibidy; Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:11 pm

Jace-BeOS wrote:I bought versions 4 through 8.5. NOT upgrading again.

You're a better man than I :hihi:
GeorgeZ
KVRAF

2835 posts since 29 May, 2009, from New Zealand

Postby GeorgeZ; Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:37 pm

... derp. Couldn't even get my UA25 setup to use ASIO in the X2 demo... kept on crashing. Think I'll pass for now :|
Eternitysound VST Banks
ostfront
Banned

Postby ostfront; Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:06 pm

Wow, the demo is 'only' 1,3 gigs! Cancelled download right away. Cakewalk, are you out of your minds???
hibidy
KVRAF

Postby hibidy; Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:12 pm

GeorgeZ wrote:... derp. Couldn't even get my UA25 setup to use ASIO in the X2 demo... kept on crashing. Think I'll pass for now :|

WOW! That's crazy, I can do MUCH better than that! :scared: For all my bitching, many things work here.
hibidy
KVRAF

Postby hibidy; Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:13 pm

ostfront wrote:Wow, the demo is 'only' 1,3 gigs! Cancelled download right away. Cakewalk, are you out of your minds???

Is it that big? Are they including all the stuff with the demo? (like dimension pro?)
ostfront
Banned

Postby ostfront; Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:15 pm

hibidy wrote:
ostfront wrote:Wow, the demo is 'only' 1,3 gigs! Cancelled download right away. Cakewalk, are you out of your minds???

Is it that big? Are they including all the stuff with the demo? (like dimension pro?)

I don't know. Seems absurd to me. I immediately realized that it will probably leave all sorts of files all over the place AFTER uninstall, so I had to prevent this from happening.
hibidy
KVRAF

Postby hibidy; Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:03 pm

lolz, you're prolly right. I can remember uninstalling sonar before the clean install and it left a SIGNIFICANT footprint :hihi:
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)