Login / Register  0 items | $0.00New @ What is KVR? Submit News Advertise

NI Update Transient Master & Vintage Compressors

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

saintjohnbaxter
KVRian

533 posts since 23 Nov, 2006

Postby saintjohnbaxter; Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:00 pm NI Update Transient Master & Vintage Compressors

Seems NI listening to the gripes. Transient Master updated as standalone with an updated interface. This is a good move. I really like TM but firing up Guitar Rig to use it seems a bit like overkill (although I do love GR).
sockofgold
KVRAF

2271 posts since 5 Aug, 2007

Postby sockofgold; Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:11 pm

Also worth noting the Classic Compressors collection is 50% off until Nov. 25! It's showing a price of $114 for me now.
saintjohnbaxter
KVRian

533 posts since 23 Nov, 2006

Postby saintjohnbaxter; Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:22 pm

I'm always a bit wary of jumping in on individual NI products, even with the big 50% savings, as they invariably end up in Komplete and I'm left with duplicates all over the place! :lol:
TimPanella
KVRist

85 posts since 30 Dec, 2004

Postby TimPanella; Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:24 pm

I might actually use these now!
DubLifeSD
KVRist

179 posts since 29 Jul, 2009, from San Diego, CA

Postby DubLifeSD; Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:39 pm

wow nice price for the 3-pack...hmmm
antithesist
KVRian

1112 posts since 8 Feb, 2012

Postby antithesist; Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:44 pm

Are there any of those kind of public vouchers around now? There was one from a magazine during the summer that got me $30 off a Kontakt library that was on sale. I'd like to get the 160 or the bundle, though I have IK and McDSP models. The latter also having my only 160. It's a good thing regardless.
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories
Aiynzahev
KVRAF

3381 posts since 29 Jun, 2011, from USA

Postby Aiynzahev; Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:58 pm

Sweet new GUI's. No vst3...

Look so much better than before. I thought it was a shame such good compressors were stuck in GR5 with not so nice GUI's.

Although a tad too minimal in the colouring.

Can't use your vouchers on them though!
Aiynzahev-sounds
Resonance Sound
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Serum, Spire, Zebra2, Massive, DIVA, Sylenth and others
KevWestBeats
KVRian

653 posts since 27 Dec, 2011, from Seattle,WA, USA

Postby KevWestBeats; Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:16 pm

I am curious what compressors are being emulated here. I caught the 1176 and the LA 2A but what is the other one? I don't have these and likely will not buy them since I have the IK ones. Also realized the transient shaper from Sonar X1 works in Ableton also so I likely won't buy any of these but I still think they are cool.
Aiynzahev
KVRAF

3381 posts since 29 Jun, 2011, from USA

Postby Aiynzahev; Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:18 pm

KevWestBeats wrote:I am curious what compressors are being emulated here. I caught the 1176 and the LA 2A but what is the other one? I don't have these and likely will not buy them since I have the IK ones. Also realized the transient shaper from Sonar X1 works in Ableton also so I likely won't buy any of these but I still think they are cool.

dbx 160 I believe

Aiynzahev-sounds
Resonance Sound
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Serum, Spire, Zebra2, Massive, DIVA, Sylenth and others
KevWestBeats
KVRian

653 posts since 27 Dec, 2011, from Seattle,WA, USA

Postby KevWestBeats; Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:27 pm

Aiynzahev wrote:
KevWestBeats wrote:I am curious what compressors are being emulated here. I caught the 1176 and the LA 2A but what is the other one? I don't have these and likely will not buy them since I have the IK ones. Also realized the transient shaper from Sonar X1 works in Ableton also so I likely won't buy any of these but I still think they are cool.

dbx 160 I believe

sweet i dont think I have an emulation of that compressor
antithesist
KVRian

Postby antithesist; Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:55 pm

No vouchers at all on sale items now? I guess they wised up to people using that magazine voucher repeatedly, but you'd ought to be able to use the regular ones. I suppose it's like IK stopping jampoints and discount codes for sales and group buys.

Oh, well. My money is mostly going to hardware now, anyway. A few to several plug-ins will get me another 500-series module, and then there's that Analog Four. Again, I'm glad they did this transition. I presume their SSL emus would be next?
MFXxx
KVRAF

2316 posts since 27 Mar, 2010, from UK

Postby MFXxx; Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:26 pm

Dam I love this company. Free licenses for all 3 comps + transient master :) lvoely and thank you NI

WHilst I've had these comps as plugins wrapped in GR5 finally they read my mind and met my wishes....STANDALONE VERSIONS HuRRRAH :) Theres some great settings and I love the VCs on individual drum and percussion sounds, my main use for these.

I love these and would I be correct in saying these are still softube?
waltercruz
KVRian

610 posts since 3 Dec, 2011

Postby waltercruz; Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:46 pm

KVR/eSoundz: waltercruz
My soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/waltercruz
antithesist
KVRian

Postby antithesist; Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:06 pm

Yeah, at first I didn't notice it said Softube right on the VU's.
BERFAB
KVRAF

5718 posts since 25 Mar, 2004

Postby BERFAB; Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:26 pm

MFXxx wrote:Dam I love this company. Free licenses for all 3 comps + transient master :) lvoely and thank you NI

WHilst I've had these comps as plugins wrapped in GR5 finally they read my mind and met my wishes....STANDALONE VERSIONS HuRRRAH :) Theres some great settings and I love the VCs on individual drum and percussion sounds, my main use for these.

I love these and would I be correct in saying these are still softube?

Do current owners get the free licenses for the standalones? If so, how? I was just in my NI account and didn't see a way to get these.

Some guidance please....

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects