Login / Register  0 items | $0.00New @ What is KVR? Submit News Advertise

Sub-session Rack Mute Program Change Issues

Official support for: cantabilesoftware.com

Moderator: bradr

MikeyJ
KVRer

4 posts since 11 Jul, 2008

Postby MikeyJ; Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:30 pm Sub-session Rack Mute Program Change Issues

Hi All,

New to Cantabile and have run up against something that I'm not sure is by design or something I should be doing a different way.

Currently, I'm configuring a guitar synth rig consisting of a rack running Amplitube and a rack running Omnisphere. I've created a sub-session called "Guitar" and another called "Synth". Amplitube listens on Ch. 2 and Omnisphere on Ch. 3. In the "Guitar" sub-session I have Amplitube unmuted and Omnisphere muted. The "Synth" sub-session is opposite.

I'm using an FCB-1010 midi footswitch. Presets 1-5 always send PC's 101-105 which control Amplitube. Presets 6-10 always send PC's 16-20 which control Omnisphere.

In MIDI Assignments, PC 101-105 are set to select sub-session "Guitar" and PC 16-20 are set to select sub-session "Synth".

The behavior in question is that when I send a PC to select the currently muted sub-session, it always takes two presses to get the result I need which is to select the sub-session and switch to the proper preset in either Amplitube or Omnisphere. Currently, the first press selects the sub-session and second selects the preset.

The FCB allows me 10 banks of 10 presets with the ability to send up to 4 PC's, 2 CC's and 1 MIDI note per preset so I even tried sending the same PC twice on the same button press with no luck.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Mike
MikeyJ
KVRer

Postby MikeyJ; Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:48 pm

Maybe I can simplify my request?

How can I unmute a rack and send a program change to it's plugin with one push of a button on my FCB-1010?

The FCB allows me to send up to 4 PC's, 2 CC's and 1 MIDI note per preset.

Thx!
pinkcanaru
KVRist

196 posts since 6 Dec, 2005

Postby pinkcanaru; Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:25 pm

Maybe try using the Midi Routing Table instead and insert a small pause between the unmute and the patch change.
MikeyJ
KVRer

Postby MikeyJ; Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:28 am

Thanks for the reply!

Hmm. I'm not seeing how to insert a pause. Can you give me an example configuration?

Thx!
MikeyJ
KVRer

Postby MikeyJ; Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:12 am

Also, the unmute and patch change events are both originating from a single footswitch press. Not sure how to "put a delay between them" so to speak? The footswitch is sending PC 11 and PC 101, in that order. I have a MIDI Assignment that selects the sub-session using PC 11 and then I'm hoping to have PC 101 change programs in Amplitube after the sub-session loads.

I'm guessing that I could set up triggers for every patch change I want to make and use those to send the program changes to Amplitube on sub-session load instead of the ones programmed into my footswitch but that sure seems like the long way around? Might be a lot of triggers to manage. I'm a little surprised as this seems like it should be something fairly simple for such a complex app. :)

In my perfect world (ha!) I have two sub-sessions - one for guitar only that mutes out the synth rack and lets me change to a specific program all at once and the other is the exact opposite for synth only.

Mike
Bellows22
KVRist

42 posts since 8 Jun, 2009, from Oneida, NY

Postby Bellows22; Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:41 pm

>In my perfect world (ha!) I have two sub-sessions - one for guitar only that >mutes out the synth rack and lets me change to a specific program all at once >and the other is the exact opposite for synth only.

Hi, Just a thought. Perhaps you should set up 10 subsessions. Each with the VST and the program you would like. Then one press of the footswitch would enable a subsession with whatever program was in it.

BTW, I used the FCB1010 for several years. A great piece of kit. Now I use a Softstep mostly because it is so small and light.

Good Luck,
LooseBruce
pinkcanaru
KVRist

196 posts since 6 Dec, 2005

Postby pinkcanaru; Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:54 pm

The delay function can be found in the Triggers module. Triggers can be sent whenever a particular condition occurs - i.e. Session or subsession load. Triggers can also operate on the issuance of a custom event. They can be enabled or disabled per subsession. There can be a series of events between which you can specify a delay.

PC
tullsterx
KVRer

14 posts since 29 Sep, 2012

Postby tullsterx; Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:45 pm

Try changing up the action from "Toggle" to "Latching" or visa-versa. I have a few latching switches on my controller and if I have the action on the MIDI assignment set to "Toggle" then it takes two presses to get those switches to take effect. If I set the action to "Latching" they work perfectly.

Moderator: bradr

Return to Topten Software