What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Izotope Trash 2 is out!

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

ariston
KVRAF

2831 posts since 28 Jun, 2009, from Wherever I lay my hat

Postby ariston; Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:19 am Izotope Trash 2 is out!

Yeah, what it says. Downloading now, excited as all git-out! :hyper:
ZINO
KVRian

739 posts since 21 Jan, 2006, from Athens, Greece

Postby ZINO; Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:29 am

$149 full (intro),

$99 upgrade :x
Last edited by ZINO on Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sampleconstruct
KVRAF

6207 posts since 12 Oct, 2008, from Here and there

Postby Sampleconstruct; Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:31 am

Foot in the door...
whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth

21220 posts since 3 Sep, 2001, from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Postby whyterabbyt; Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:43 am

ZINO wrote:149 full (intro),

$99 upgrade :x

yeah, pricier upgrade than i'd hoped, but then ive had, what, 8 years useage out of Trash... :hihi:

and strictly speaking that 149 price is introductory, the RRP is $249.

dont care, would upgrade anyway.

thoughts : the convolution looks as though it puts it in Speakerphone territory, which is interesting...
To laymen, software development is something akin to wizardry. Neither time, nor effort are involved. If software is missing features they want, or has bugs, it is solely because someone has been too lazy to wave their magic wand.
whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth

21220 posts since 3 Sep, 2001, from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Postby whyterabbyt; Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:50 am

oh f**king f**ker of the f**king VAT. f**k. i'd forgotten about that. grrrr.
To laymen, software development is something akin to wizardry. Neither time, nor effort are involved. If software is missing features they want, or has bugs, it is solely because someone has been too lazy to wave their magic wand.
Sampleconstruct
KVRAF

Postby Sampleconstruct; Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:28 am

F**CK this is evil:
http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/trash-2-test-1

They have not reinvented the wheel but surely have developed the Trash concept much further. The upgrade price of 99 bucks seems ok to me.
sockofgold
KVRAF

2272 posts since 5 Aug, 2007

Postby sockofgold; Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:48 am

Awesome, I was just coming to see if any announcements had been made today. I just discovered how amazing Trash 1 is this week, and was basically holding off on purchasing it until v.2 launched. Full price of $250 is a pretty damn expensive distortion plugin, I must say, but for the $150 intro price, I might go for it. Really been loving iZotope lately!
Echoes in the Attic
KVRAF

3743 posts since 12 May, 2008

Postby Echoes in the Attic; Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:59 am

Oh boy, very excited. Can't wait to get home and play with it. The thing is even more overboard than it used to be. Filters before and after the distortion, but now also filters with each distortion band?

I always loved the sound I got out of Trash 1, I'd put everything through it! For those who have downloaded, tell us your impressions! There is a delay now - Is there a filter within the feedback path? With the bazillions of filters in this thing, it's hard to believe they wouldn't put a filter in the delay feedback.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit. Once I have something clever, I will certainly fill it in.
Sampleconstruct
KVRAF

Postby Sampleconstruct; Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:18 pm

There seems to be a bug when automating certain parameters in Logic - e.g. the Convolution bypass does not work, although the automation shows it is bypassed, it doesn't bypass, and a few other parameters don't respond either.
The Convo could use an envelope shaper imo - shaping the decay/attack curve of an IR or setting it's length would be very helpful. A workaround is to insert the dynamics module after the Convo and add something like a soft gate for shaping the decay.
The vowel filters are exciting!
dalor
KVRAF

2504 posts since 1 Dec, 2004, from Sydney, Australia

Postby dalor; Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:22 pm

Will demo later but can anyone report on CPU? It looks like a CPU hungry monster..?
Cowbells!
pwal
KVRian

1490 posts since 13 Mar, 2004, from here

Postby pwal; Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:38 pm

dalor wrote:Will demo later but can anyone report on CPU? It looks like a CPU hungry monster..?

Yes, how is it compared to v1?
Echoes in the Attic
KVRAF

3743 posts since 12 May, 2008

Postby Echoes in the Attic; Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:56 pm

Hopefully no more cpu hit than the original? Site says "Completely redesigned audio engine for better audio quality, optimized performance, support for the latest operating systems and and host applications, and many other enhancements."

Are all parameters automatable? (Aside from the issues mentioned above)
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit. Once I have something clever, I will certainly fill it in.
sounddesigner
KVRian

1211 posts since 5 Mar, 2005

Postby sounddesigner; Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:51 pm

From a quick listen with the demo it definitely sounds better then V1. This looks like a very interesting plugin, i feel a very special journey awaits me.

I'm waiting for my Trash 1 to come in the mail so i can get the free upgrade to V2. I took a chance buying V1 without hearing V2 cause i just knew V2 was going to be good since it seems to me that Izotope is stepping up their game and trying to hit the market much harder now, to take their rightfull place at the thrown :P . I owned Trash 1 several times in the past but always ended up selling it cause i had mixed feelings but i knew if V2 was a true improvement sonicly then mixed feelings would go away and i'd be completely sold. I just got V1 at such a good price that it was a no brainer to buy to get to V2.

I am really excited about this V2 plugin. So far all is good and i'm digging what i hear.
Firebird+ is a must. SonicCore SCOPE is the most. As heart of studio it has my vote, cause XITE-1 is all she wrote.
dalor
KVRAF

2504 posts since 1 Dec, 2004, from Sydney, Australia

Postby dalor; Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:08 pm

Does izotope do Black Friday specials? ;)
Cowbells!
V0RT3X
KVRAF

3981 posts since 3 Jul, 2012

Postby V0RT3X; Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:15 pm

Sweet can't wait to upgrade from trash 1. This is a no-brainer upgrade for me, and the new ability to create your own waveshapers.. that is just genius!

I am now pretty sure that I have all that I need as far as distortion applications go. Now Ohmforce are going to have to get with the times and bring out something new, because this new version of trash pretty much puts ohmicide to shame.

Trash 1 only had 3 bands for multi-band distortion, but with trash 2 we have now 4 bands to mess with! It looks like you can actually really increase the amount of distortions per band. Im guessing that yes as you use more and more modules with trash 2 that you will use up more CPU. But this should be expected considering this is a next-gen type of plugin application.

The added filters and delay are kind of a one stop shop for anyone producing electronic music.
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects