TX16WX Professional - FX

Official support for: tx16wx.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello, Elcallio! Congratulations on the release of the new TX16WX! I had to sell my studio recently, but I remember that your earlier version of the sampler I worked with quite exclusive and it has graduated in leaps & bounds! I appreciate the hard work that you have put in and hopefully, when life treats me a lil better I'll be able to purchase the professional version as well.

I just wanted to put in my 2 cents about the FX of the professional version. It seems you're pretty open to ideas, so I'd just like to put in mine if you don't mind. You most likely have a different approach you want to take, but here is some more food for thought:

-FX per zone (maybe a limit of 3 or something similar)
-The ability to route the zones through a couple of FX busses via Kontakt
-Save presets of fx chains, that can be recalled
-FX chains on inputs
-FX parameters controlled via MIDI
-Ability to route the step sequencers & lfos to fx parameters
-LOTS of FX! I like the old Yamaha A4000 sampler FX that had an array of small FX that you could choose from. Most samplers now don't include those FX, as some are combinations & variations of the same, but I really miss that old school sampler choice of craziness. This made the A4000/5000 into not only a sampler but a tone box as well. Below I included the list from the A4000/5000 sampler, all 96 of them. Some of these are repetitive, but I like the whole idea of having different fx that focus on one thing only. Maybe some of these could be implemented into the TX16Wx without a massive CPU hit:
-------------------------------------------------------------

1 Scratch (DIGITAL SCRATCH) Adds a scratch sound to the input signal.
2 AutoSyn (AUTO SYNTH) Processes the input signal into a synthesizer-type sound.
3 TechMod (TECH MODULATION) Adds a unique feeling of modulation similar to ring modulation.
4 NoisDly (NOISY MOD DELAY) Adds a modulated delay sound.
5 NoisAmb (NOISE AMBIENT) Adds noise to the input signal, and uses a delay to broaden the sound.
6 Jump (JUMP) Cuts apart the input signal and applies extreme modulation to the playback order
or speed.
7 BeatChg (BEAT CHANGE) Modifies the waveform length of the sound in realtime.
8 Pitch1 (PITCH CHANGE 1) Changes the pitch of the input signal.
9 Pitch2 (PITCH CHANGE 2) Changes the pitch of the input signal.
10 LoReso (LOW RESOLUTION) Simulates a lowered resolution for the input signal. The phase of the Rch can be
inverted.
11 Noisy (NOISY) Rch can be inverted.
12 AtkLoFi (ATTACK LOFI) Creates a somewhat LoFi feeling, and emphasizes the attack of the sound. Also
has the feel of a flanger.
13 Radio (RADIO) Simulates a radio.
14 TurnTbl (DIGITAL TURNTABLE) Simulates the noise of an analog record.
15 LoFi (LOFI) Degrades the audio quality of the input signal.
16 LPFiltr (LOW PASS FILTER) Passes only the low frequencies of the input signal. Cutoff slopes up to 48dB/oct
are possible.
17 HPFiltr (HIGH PASS FILTER) Passes only the high frequencies of the input signal. Cutoff slopes up to 48dB/oct
are possible.
18 BPFiltr (BAND PASS FILTER) Passes only the midrange frequencies of the input signal.
19 AWah+DS (AUTO WAH + DIST) The output of an Auto Wah can be distorted by Distortion.
20 AWah+OD (AUTO WAH + OVERDRIVE) The output of an Auto Wah can be distorted by Overdrive.
21 TWah+DS (TOUCH WAH + DIST) The output of a Touch Wah can be distorted by Distortion.
22 TWah+OD (TOUCH WAH + OVERDRIVE) The output of a Touch Wah can be distorted by Overdrive.
23 W+DS+DL (WAH + DIST + DELAY) TOUCH WAH, DISTORTION and DELAY are connected in series.
24 W+OD+DL (WAH + OVERDRIVE + DELAY) TOUCH WAH, OVERDRIVE and DELAY are connected in series.
25 TalkMod (TALKING MODULATOR) Adds a vowel sound to the input signal.
26 3BandEQ (3BAND EQ) An EQ which allows equalization of low, mid and high bands.
27 Isolatr (ISOLATOR) Controls the level of a specified frequency band of the input signal.
28 Enhance (HARMONIC ENHANCER) Adds new harmonics to the input signal to make the sound stand out.
29 VceCncl (VOICE CANCEL) Attenuates the vocal part of a CD or other source.
30 Comp (COMPRESSOR) Holds down the output level when a specified input level is exceeded. A sense of
attack can also be added to the sound.
31 Comp+DS (COMP + DIST) Since a Compressor is included in the first stage, steady distortion can be produced
regardless of changes in input level.
32 C+DS+DL (COMP + DIST + DELAY) COMPRESSOR, DISTORTION and DELAY are connected in series.
33 C+OD+DL (COMP + OVERDRIVE + DELAY) COMPRESSOR, OVERDRIVE and DELAY are connected in series.
34 Clip1 (CLIPPER1) Applies distortion to a specified frequency band of the input signal.
35 Clip2 (CLIPPER2) Adds a signal in which distortion has been applied to a specified frequency band to
the input signal.
36 NoiseGt (NOISE GATE) Gates the input when the input signal falls below a specified level. This is effective
when you wish to decrease the noise at the A/D input.
37 V-Dist (V-DISTORTION) Distortion which simulates vintage tube and fuzz sounds.
38 Dist (DISTORTION) Adds distortion with an edge. Since a Noise Gate is included, this is also suitable
for A/D input.
39 OverDrv (OVERDRIVE) Adds mild distortion. Since a Noise Gate is included, this is also suitable for A/D
input.
40 AmpSim (AMP SIMULATOR) Simulates a guitar amp. Since a Noise Gate is included, this is also suitable for A/D
input.
41 DistS (STEREO DISTORTION) Stereo distortion.
42 OvrDrvS (STEREO OVERDRIVE) Stereo overdrive.
43 AmpSimS (STEREO AMP SIMULATOR) Stereo amp simulator.
44 Dist+DL (DIST + DELAY) DISTORTION and DELAY are connected in series.
45 OvDr+DL (OVERDRIVE + DELAY) OVERDRIVE and DELAY are connected in series.
46 Chorus (CHORUS) Standard chorus effect.
47 Chorus2 (CHORUS2) A variation of the standard chorus effect.
48 Celeste (CELESTE) Uses a three-phase LFO to add more modulation and width to the sound.
49 Sympho (SYMPHONIC) Adds more stages to the modulation of Celeste.
50 Detune (ENSEMBLE DETUNE) Chorus effect without modulation, created by adding a slightly pitch-shifted sound.
51 Flanger (FLANGER) Creates a sound reminiscent of a jet airplane.
52 V-Flang (V-FLANGER) A simulation on an analog flanger effect. The LFO has a random setting.
53 Phaser1 (PHASER1) Cyclically modulates the phase to add modulation to the sound.
54 Phaser2 (PHASER2) Cyclically modulates the phase to add modulation to the sound.
55 Tremolo (TREMOLO) Cyclically modulates the volume.
56 FlngPan (FLANGING PAN) Flanger and auto-pan are synchronized.
57 FlowPan (FLOW PAN) Auto-pan is placed in series, moving the sound image in complex ways.
58 Rotary (ROTARY SPEAKER) Simulates a rotary speaker.
59 Rot2Way (2WAY ROTARY SPEAKER) Simulates a rotary speaker.
60 2Rotors (DUAL ROTORS SPEAKER) Rotary speaker simulation with speed switching.
61 DS+Rot (DIST + ROTARY SPEAKER) Distortion and rotary speaker connected in series.
62 OD+Rot (OVERDRIVE + ROTARY SPEAKER) Overdrive and rotary speaker connected in series.
63 Amp+Rot (AMP SIM + ROTARY SPEAKER) Amp simulator and rotary speaker connected in series.
64 DS+2Way (DIST + 2WAY ROTARY SPEAKER) Distortion and 2-way rotary speaker connected in series.
65 OD+2Way (OVERDRIVE + 2WAY ROTARY SPEAKER) Overdrive and 2-way rotary speaker connected in series.
66 Amp+2Wy (AMP SIM + 2WAY ROTARY SPEAKER) Amp simulator and 2-way rotary speaker connected in series.
67 AutoPan (AUTO PAN) Cyclically moves the sound between left and right, front and back.
68 Dly+Pan (DELAY + AUTO PAN) Delayed sound is cyclically moved between left and right.
69 3Delay (DELAY L,C,R) Produces three delayed sounds: L, R and C (center).
70 2Delay (DELAY L,R) Produces two delayed sounds: L and R. Two feedback delays are provided.
71 Echo (ECHO) Two delayed sounds (L and R), and independent feedback delays for L and R.
72 X-Delay (CROSS DELAY) The feedback of the two delayed sounds is crossed.
73 CtlDly (CONTROL DELAY(MONO)) Delay with delay time controllable in real time.
74 CtlDlyS (CONTROL DELAY(STEREO)) A controller can be assigned to this delay to create scratch-type effects.
75 Ambienc (AMBIENCE) Blurs the stereo positioning of the sound to add spatial width.
76 Karaoke (KARAOKE) Echo for karaoke.
77 Eref (EARLY REFLECTION) This effect isolates only the early reflection components of the reverb.
78 GateRev (GATE REVERB) Simulation of gated reverb.
79 RvsGate (REVERSE GATE) Simulation of gated reverb played back in reverse.
80 Hall (HALL) Reverb simulating the acoustics of a hall.
81 Room (ROOM) Reverb simulating the acoustics of a room.
82 Stage (STAGE) Reverb suitable for a solo instrument.
83 Plate (PLATE) Reverb simulating a plate reverb unit.
84 WhiteRm (WHITE ROOM) Unique short reverb with a bit of initial delay.
85 Tunnel (TUNNEL) Simulates a cylindrical space expanding to left and right.
86 Basemnt (BASEMENT) Reverb with unique reverberation following a slight initial delay.
87 Canyon (CANYON) Creates the sound of an imaginary space in which the sound expands limitlessly.
88 T-Dly (TEMPO DELAY (MONO)) Tempo-synchronized delay.
89 T-DlyS (TEMPO DELAY (STEREO)) Tempo-synchronized stereo delay.
90 T-XDly (TEMPO CROSS DELAY) Tempo-synchronized cross delay.
91 T-Flang (TEMPO FLANGER) Tempo-synchronized flanger.
92 T-Phase (TEMPO PHASER) Tempo-synchronized phaser.
93 T-AWah (TEMPO AUTO WAH) Tempo-synchronized auto wah.
94 T-Scrch (TEMPO DIGITAL SCRATCH) Tempo-synchronized digital scratch.
95 T-ASyn (TEMPO AUTO SYNTH) Tempo-synchronized auto synth.
96 T-FgPan (TEMPO FLANGING PAN) Tempo-synchronized flanging pan.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

I actually own an A4000 too. Awesome instrument, but in the end the awfully slow disk interface made me almost never use it.
I'll take your suggestions under advisement, but I do caution you too expect too much too soon. I am but one person, and as such I can only implement so much.
But some of these things are indeed very simple effects, so I appreciate the suggestions.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

I hope I can express my opinion without being flamed, but, since tx already has multiple outputs and the sheer amount of awesome free plugins available, I'm afraid that the FX section of tx16wx could be a huge development effort, hijacking from the core features (more advanced slicing, eventual rex file support, workflow improvements and so on) which in my opinion are the real value in this plugin...

My 2 cents.

Peace,
Mario

Thx Ecallio & mabian for responding! I undertsand that the FX portion would be a huge undertaking for one person. I was just spurting out some random ideas, but I appreciate the response. Of course, there are other core features that need to be implemented & tested & redone, etc first before adding anything extra. Maybe this could be taken as more of a direction thought versus a feature requests.

I also use a lot of freeware effects as well. I just really love the idea of a smapler having it's own effects as it makes it feel more like it's own instrument.
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

IMO the advantage of onboard fx is the ability to modulate them with the built-in LFOs etc (even if this is just the wet/dry mix) and the fact that you can save the settings as part of the program for use in other projects. I think having a handful of simple, one-trick-pony fx in amongst the usual delays and so on could be quite a nice idea.

dexterbella wrote:IMO the advantage of onboard fx is the ability to modulate them with the built-in LFOs etc (even if this is just the wet/dry mix) and the fact that you can save the settings as part of the program for use in other projects. I think having a handful of simple, one-trick-pony fx in amongst the usual delays and so on could be quite a nice idea.
+1
I wish Tx16W features a nice set of FX, but i hope the development time involved won't be against the development of core features ( = sampler-related, like slicing improvements, more formats import (Rex, etc), streamlined workflow, etc).

I wish it had a set of basic but good sounding and low cpu FX, so i can save a fully ready-to-go sampleset.
I also wish it could have some more exotic FX (stutterFX, microgating, etc) for sample mangling goodness :)

It would be great if it was possible to use 3rd party plugins as inserts in the sampler. Magix Independence has got this feature.

zyguli wrote:It would be great if it was possible to use 3rd party plugins as inserts in the sampler. Magix Independence has got this feature.
Big no for me; there's your daw for that (and for each different output a different fx chain)...

- Mario

Big no for VST import from here as well.

yep - more outs is a simpler solution

makerprofaze wrote:yep - more outs is a simpler solution
And they are already there... :)

- Mario

mabian wrote:
zyguli wrote:It would be great if it was possible to use 3rd party plugins as inserts in the sampler. Magix Independence has got this feature.
Big no for me; there's your daw for that (and for each different output a different fx chain)...

- Mario
I would tend to agree. And I also have some ideas to make this (outputs) even more powerful... (tease) ;-)
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

Some effects for resampling though?
:hug:

Crackbaby wrote:Some effects for resampling though?
Basically, the plan is to have 1 insert slot / group with FX/2nd filter + x "sends" (3?) that either go to an output (which then becomes a bus for external fx), or one of n (8?) internal fx slots.
Insert params can be modulated, as can send levels. Internal FX can be automated.

Now we'll see if I can get it implemented as well.
Cheers
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

elcallio wrote:Basically, the plan is to have 1 insert slot / group with FX/2nd filter + x "sends" (3?) that either go to an output (which then becomes a bus for external fx), or one of n (8?) internal fx slots.
Insert params can be modulated, as can send levels. Internal FX can be automated.
Now that sounds like a plan. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Return to “CWITEC”