Page 1 of 2

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:54 pm
by polyslax
A down tempo track with a bit of a mysterious vibe.

Invisible Hands

Also available at SoundCloud:

http://soundcloud.com/polyslax/invisible-hands

Thanks to all who have a listen. :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:01 am
by tatsama
GREAT ! I have spent the last 40 mins in the company of your music..catching up on my stress relief .. so , just want to thank the doctor for a job well done as usual ! Cheers Matt.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:57 pm
by seismic1
Mysterious, creepy and comprising great sounds all the way through. A melancholy melody and those sounds enhance the atmosphere. Gonna check this out at high volume in the morning.

Great track :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:38 am
by polyslax
Cheers tats + Tim!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:42 pm
by Frantz
You've got your own style with an intriguing vibe. Lots of interesting organic sounds which are given plenty of space to breathe. I like it but am wondering if chord changes are allowed in Polyslaxland. :) It seems like this piece and "Hunger Battle Birds" are harmonically static. Not necessarily a bad thing but I get a little antsy listening to them.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:37 am
by macmurphy
this is gorgeous. i'm a little lost for words today but i'll squeeze another one out. magnificent :love:

neil.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:48 am
by core
I love the beat/percussion on this one :tu:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:24 am
by polyslax
Thanks very much for the feedback guys!

FrantzM - yes, in general polyslaxland isn't a comforting place for listeners who crave harmonic change. I work only by ear on keys, so it tends toward simple... once in a while I'll have a breakthrough moment. :) Thanks for checking it out!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:44 am
by Frantz
polyslax wrote:FrantzM - yes, in general polyslaxland isn't a comforting place for listeners who crave harmonic change. I work only by ear on keys, so it tends toward simple... once in a while I'll have a breakthrough moment.


The kingdom of polyslaxland doesn't have to live under martial monochord law forever. If some day you want to dabble with a harmonic revolution, here's an experiment to try. Grab the MIDI data for every 2 or 4 bars and transpose it by an interval in your sequencer. This is not the "correct" way to do a chord change but for your sparse melodies it should hardly matter. It could add another dimension to your music.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:08 am
by polyslax
FrantzM wrote:
polyslax wrote:FrantzM - yes, in general polyslaxland isn't a comforting place for listeners who crave harmonic change. I work only by ear on keys, so it tends toward simple... once in a while I'll have a breakthrough moment.


The kingdom of polyslaxland doesn't have to live under martial monochord law forever. If some day you want to dabble with a harmonic revolution, here's an experiment to try. Grab the MIDI data for every 2 or 4 bars and transpose it by an interval in your sequencer. This is not the "correct" way to do a chord change but for your sparse melodies it should hardly matter. It could add another dimension to your music.


Thanks for the tip... but I generally stick with what I enjoy doing, and I'm in a simpler period at the moment. I've got quite a few tracks online... probably in the hundreds I'm guessing... at SoundCloud and my own site where you can hear some of the different flavours I go for, if you're interested. :)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:19 am
by Frantz
polyslax wrote:Thanks for the tip... but I generally stick with what I enjoy doing, and I'm in a simpler period at the moment.


Cool. You gotta do whatcha like.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:07 am
by layzer
cool mix of sounds on this one... 8) and, as usual, "simply" immaculate production! :tu:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:00 pm
by D.H. Miltz
Something of a dark fairy tale feeling to this one. Goes nicely with the wind hurling itself at the windows here. Thanks, polyslax.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:20 am
by polyslax
Thanks a bunch guys!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:07 pm
by folderol
Them damn pixies have got in again. When I catch a hold of them I'm gonna whomp their asses :D