Switch to Print All | Page 1 of 2 | 1, 2

Azi got Omnisphere (2): Omni Waltz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:55 am
by Aziraphal
This is a song for Viennesse Cyborgs in love. ;)

It was made entirely with Omnisphere. Three instances with all slots used up.

The song was born as I noticed that Omnisphere's editors (and indeed all tutorial videos) seem to prefer the 4/4 variety. Especially the famous envelopes. I wanted to see if I can make it work in the 3/4 world, and triplet-driven to boot. Especially the famous envelopes. :)

http://soundcloud.com/aziraphal/omni-waltz

Enjoy
Cheers Matt


Aziraphal - Omni Waltz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:46 am
by mellotronaut
i always wonder, why you're here and not doing well paid soundtracks. you have the sense for catchy (and sometimes cheesy) melodies and hooks and arrangements and the capability to play and sing all this in a professional way. Great stuff! :tu:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:54 am
by PatchAdamz
Very Nice, this is a nice change from what I usually hear.
Enjoyed!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:51 am
by Aziraphal
There's well paid sountracks?? :o what I remember from my short ventures in that profession, it's all impossible deadlines and last minute changes, but I'll be buggered if I've seen any serious cash.. :D

Many thanks Mello / Patch :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:08 am
by mellotronaut
Aziraphal wrote:There's well paid sountracks?? :o what I remember from my short ventures in that profession, it's all impossible deadlines and last minute changes, but I'll be buggered if I've seen any serious cash.. :D


so you tried and there was only disenchantment. :( seems, i never stop being naïve. :help:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:02 pm
by seismic1
Nice track. I was getting '80s Oldfield vibes from this one. Nice choice of sounds and a good composition.

Good work :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:09 pm
by Aziraphal
seismic1 wrote:Nice track. I was getting '80s Oldfield vibes from this one. Nice choice of sounds and a good composition.


Many thanks for the spin :) Haven't listened to Mike for quite a while now but it's not impossible that the influence stuck
Cheers Matt

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:24 pm
by folderol
There is just one thing this tune needs...




a bump :D

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:16 pm
by Barnadine
Omninicely omnidone. The main melody has a pleasant kinship in my head with that often-dropped mid-section of the old Doctor Who theme.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:50 am
by icedog_0
Enjoyed this!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:48 am
by Max el Belga
Me too !

OmniMax... .. .

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:39 pm
by Aziraphal
Many thanks Foldy, many thanks Barnadine, many thanks Icedog, many thanks Max. You're the greatest :hug:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:44 am
by jackoo
very very enjoyable... :) keep doing these.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:37 am
by Aziraphal
jackoo wrote:very very enjoyable... :) keep doing these.


Thanks m8 :D Hmm, you mentioned the Dr Who theme too. I remember the title music but I'm not sure I spot the similarity ... must look up that "middle part" too
Cheers

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:57 am
by jackoo
Aziraphal wrote:
jackoo wrote:very very enjoyable... :) keep doing these.


Thanks m8 :D Hmm, you mentioned the Dr Who theme too. I remember the title music but I'm not sure I spot the similarity ... must look up that "middle part" too
Cheers


ya! compare:
0:39--0:44 your tune to
0:56--1:01 (also 1:53--1:57) in here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NPJ6GMXM3E

Cheers!