IK's Amplitube 3, FXPansion BFD, NI'S Massive - Rock Jam

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Rock live Jam. Either played or tapped out.

I purchased a Spider III 15 watt for a preamp after my old Peavey finally fizzled but might buy a USB preamp in the future to replace the amp (everything on 0 except volume on 1 and a little distortion)going to 1/8" HiZ for my Guitar.

Bass may be to strong?

Amplitube 3
BFD
Massive
FL Studio
Hamer Korean 1994

http://compusouth.net/music/2ndwind.mp3

I changed the bass. In retrospect, I cannot get a good sound using the Spider III as a preamp like I could with an old peavy blazer 158. An artificial sound comes through. Since I am going straight to the soundcard I need a preamp for a little boost. But it must be of a pure nature, the line 6 spider is a strange animal with the emulations.

Yes. You need to bring that bass down. I would even take the keyboard down a little too. Did you sort out the wiring on the pups? I don't think we've heard the best tones from this guitar lately, perhaps due to the change of amp. It used to have a more "dangerous" sound.

I just got a Zoom G7 and have been playing my Ibanez Gio through that into the Spider 15 with all of the Spider amp models/FX dialled out. The G7 has a 12AX7 tube built in. It also acts as a USB audio interface. I've recorded a few loops into Cubase with it and it sounds good.

I just got my anniversary Strat back into action after many years of neglect. That has a lovely tone, and a great paint job :)

seismic1 wrote:Yes. You need to bring that bass down. I would even take the keyboard down a little too. Did you sort out the wiring on the pups? I don't think we've heard the best tones from this guitar lately, perhaps due to the change of amp. It used to have a more "dangerous" sound.

I just got a Zoom G7 and have been playing my Ibanez Gio through that into the Spider 15 with all of the Spider amp models/FX dialled out. The G7 has a 12AX7 tube built in. It also acts as a USB audio interface. I've recorded a few loops into Cubase with it and it sounds good.

Lowered the bass.

Strat! My favorite guitar of all time and the anti of the Mahogany Gibson SG sounding guitar I have now. I envy you! Every sound I want to make is usually strat inspired from Glam Metal, The Edge and Stevie Ray type blues. I use similar settings with my amp.

I just got my anniversary Strat back into action after many years of neglect. That has a lovely tone, and a great paint job :)
Thanks for the review as always. Yes things are in disarray and I believe it's the amp. Since it's used as a preamp, I need something more basic, more analog. For instance the treble control is a 3 level sine wave that ramps up with each level. I don't need that.

Yes,s the guitar had a more sinister sound with the Duncan Design HB103. The Duncan SH-4 JB is a popular all purpose metal pup, but I don;t know what to think.

I found the problem. I am still getting the neck pickup in the down position. I must have it wired for a five toggle 3 pickup instead of the 3 toggle 2 pickup. So that's why I am not getting the raw bridge pickup sound.

Glad I found that out, so it's not the guitar or amp, just some bad wiring!

Thanks for mentioning wiring again.

Great news. It's always good to feel that your are moving forwards :)

I had a red and white wire they were not supposed to be connected according to the schematics.

I think it sounds better, although the strings are flat and it's still the same sloppy uninspired jam :) It's a technical offering.

I'll be checking out your new stuff. Thanks Greg

http://compusouth.net/music/2.mp3

I think that is an improvement. There is a little more "edge" to the sound now. It's a little "livelier"

Return to “Music Cafe”