What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

The Linuxer's Corner

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

bluebell
KVRist
 
33 posts since 30 Nov, 2012, from Germany/Saarland

Postby bluebell; Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:17 pm The Linuxer's Corner

Hi all,

I'd like to start a topic for music made on Linux systems.

I use Rosegarden as my DAW, Fluidsynth and Whysynth as synth plugins (DSSI). Plugins give me better timing and simpler storing my sessions. Mastering is done with Jamin, audio stuff is processed with Audacity.

I start with a Pop song "Regentag" (rainy day) with female vocals:
http://suedwestlicht.saar.de/musik/suedwestlicht-regentag.mp3
(mp3, 256 kBit/s, 4:10 min, 8 MB)

Regards
Holger
robersl
KVRer
 
4 posts since 25 Sep, 2010, from Madison, WI

Postby robersl; Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:07 pm

bluebell wrote:Hi all,

I'd like to start a topic for music made on Linux systems.

I use Rosegarden as my DAW, Fluidsynth and Whysynth as synth plugins (DSSI). Plugins give me better timing and simpler storing my sessions. Mastering is done with Jamin, audio stuff is processed with Audacity.

I start with a Pop song "Regentag" (rainy day) with female vocals:
http://suedwestlicht.saar.de/musik/suedwestlicht-regentag.mp3
(mp3, 256 kBit/s, 4:10 min, 8 MB)

Regards
Holger
:)

Very nice Holger. Excellent production values. It catches a real mood.
SampleScience
KVRAF
 
2433 posts since 31 Oct, 2004, from Mtl, Canada

Postby SampleScience; Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:58 pm

very nice tune, I wasn't expecting german singing!
User avatar
seismic1
KVRAF
 
6602 posts since 13 Mar, 2009, from UK

Postby seismic1; Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:30 am

Very enjoyable. It combines "sparse" and "full" sounds and the end result is a great pop song, reminiscent of Kraftwerk and early DM. I liked the mix too.

Good work :)
User avatar
folderol
KVRAF
 
4303 posts since 5 Aug, 2006, from UK - Here!

Postby folderol; Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:37 am

Enjoyed this. The singing was a surprise, but fits. I like the was the bass and kick sort of interleave :tu:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was)
bluebell
KVRist
 
33 posts since 30 Nov, 2012, from Germany/Saarland

Postby bluebell; Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:47 am

folderol wrote:Enjoyed this. The singing was a surprise, but fits. I like the was the bass and kick sort of interleave :tu:


I dreamt the rhythm in the early morning hours. I got up and programmed kick, snare and triangle before I could forget it :hihi:
User avatar
folderol
KVRAF
 
4303 posts since 5 Aug, 2006, from UK - Here!

Postby folderol; Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:51 am

bluebell wrote:
folderol wrote:Enjoyed this. The singing was a surprise, but fits. I like the was the bass and kick sort of interleave :tu:


I dreamt the rhythm in the early morning hours. I got up and programmed kick, snare and triangle before I could forget it :hihi:

Happens to me a lot... I'm just worried that one day my subconscious might decide to sue me for copyright infringement :-o
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was)
bluebell
KVRist
 
33 posts since 30 Nov, 2012, from Germany/Saarland

Postby bluebell; Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:06 am

I hope I am not the only Linuxer. I'd like to encourage every Linuxer to post his/her "made with Linux"-stuff in this thread/topic :wink:
User avatar
folderol
KVRAF
 
4303 posts since 5 Aug, 2006, from UK - Here!

Postby folderol; Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:08 am

bluebell wrote:I hope I am not the only Linuxer. I'd like to encourage every Linuxer to post his/her "made with Linux"-stuff in this thread/topic :wink:

{ahem} 'Got a new pooter' :P
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was)
bluebell
KVRist
 
33 posts since 30 Nov, 2012, from Germany/Saarland

Postby bluebell; Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:15 am

folderol wrote:
bluebell wrote:I hope I am not the only Linuxer. I'd like to encourage every Linuxer to post his/her "made with Linux"-stuff in this thread/topic :wink:

{ahem} 'Got a new pooter' :P


Uuuh, yes :oops:
D.H. Miltz
D.H. MOD
 
8281 posts since 20 Jun, 2008

Postby D.H. Miltz; Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:25 am

I enjoyed this. Thanks, bluebell.
User avatar
folderol
KVRAF
 
4303 posts since 5 Aug, 2006, from UK - Here!

Postby folderol; Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:28 pm

bluebell wrote:
folderol wrote:
bluebell wrote:I hope I am not the only Linuxer. I'd like to encourage every Linuxer to post his/her "made with Linux"-stuff in this thread/topic :wink:

{ahem} 'Got a new pooter' :P


Uuuh, yes :oops:

Unfortunately we are rather in a minority here, and as you've probably seen, posts in the cafe rapidly disappear off the front page :(

Also, I don't think there are enough of us to ask for a sticky, so all we can do is to just keep on posting the best new music we can manage.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was)
bluebell
KVRist
 
33 posts since 30 Nov, 2012, from Germany/Saarland

Postby bluebell; Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:50 am

OK, so here the next song to keep that topic alive. A pop song with female vocals (yes! female! hope it hilights!). Not too fast, not too slow. With a story about things that get old and unnoticed, e.g. love :)

http://suedwestlicht.saar.de/musik/suedwestlicht-das_zauberwort.mp3

mp3, 256 kBit, 8MB, made of healthy an recycled bits with Rosegarden, Fluidsynth, Audacity and Jamin on ... SURPRISE! ... Linux!
bluebell
KVRist
 
33 posts since 30 Nov, 2012, from Germany/Saarland

Postby bluebell; Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:56 am

bluebell wrote:OK, so here the next song to keep that topic alive. A pop song with female vocals (yes! female! hope it hilights!). Not too fast, not too slow. With a story about things that get old and unnoticed, e.g. love :)

http://suedwestlicht.saar.de/musik/suedwestlicht-das_zauberwort.mp3

mp3, 256 kBit, 8MB, made of healthy an recycled bits with Rosegarden, Fluidsynth, Audacity and Jamin on ... SURPRISE! ... Linux!


Very strange. The song isn't found/listed by the music tracker.
D.H. Miltz
D.H. MOD
 
8281 posts since 20 Jun, 2008

Postby D.H. Miltz; Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:26 pm

bluebell wrote:Very strange. The song isn't found/listed by the music tracker.
The tracker only looks at the first post in a given thread, and it only looks once, I think.
Next

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe