What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Alchemy lower version then 1.50.1

Official support for: camelaudio.com

Moderator: Camel Audio Mods

Roman Che
KVRist

35 posts since 28 Nov, 2012

Postby Roman Che; Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:50 am Alchemy lower version then 1.50.1

Hi support !
Where can i get older versions of Alchemy ?
In older tutorials i see faster feedback from interface elements or switching.. But 1.50.1 sometimes need 2 seconds for open Oscillator panel or switch something. For opening plugin GUI window i need to wait 2-3-4 seconds sometimes 5.

Where can i get older versions ? ( i need last version with old browser GUI - simpler) - can i found it on the site somewhere ?

Thanks for help. I want to use older version until new GUI getting faster.
33tetragammon
KVRist

169 posts since 22 Aug, 2010, from The Uni-Verse

Postby 33tetragammon; Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:23 pm

It's available in your Camel Audio user account. Click on the little "plus" symbol next to the word "Alchemy" to expand the download section. There should be a download for version 1.25 (it does on my account).

Hope that helps!

Best,

Wasili
ZenPunkHippy
KVRAF

10368 posts since 18 Jun, 2008, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:33 pm

Actually v1.25 will not be visible in your account because you're not set up to see old files.

Anyway, before giving you access to the old version we should try to fix the problem on your system. No one else is reporting this bug - some other users are reporting slow preset loading and plugin open times, but that is a different problem.

Wen you say "open the oscillator panel" what exactly do you mean?

Clicking on the source display to open the source menu (Load Audio, Load VA) or something else? Or clicking on source A/B/C/D to view the advanced source edit page?

Peace,
Andy.
Neon Breath
KVRAF

1791 posts since 15 Sep, 2010

Postby Neon Breath; Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:37 pm

3 secs. is THAT long, really? :?

Not slower over here at all. Maybe it's your system?

Postby Roman Che; Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:16 pm

Neon Breath - yes. 3-4 seconds opening interface is long - summary.
Is only one plugin has longer feedback - "Extreme Drum Synth 1.6". (But version 2 beta is fast)

My system - Windows 7 x64.
CPU: Quad Core Q6700 2.6 Hz
RAM: 8 Gb
Video: GT9800
DAW: Reaper 4.31 x64

Look please step by step what i mean:
1. Open new track.
2. Add Alchemy VSTi (i use x64 version Alchemy) - load time 6-7 seconds.
3. Close plugin window. Try to open Again - opened in 3-4 seconds
4. Ok. Click times feedback:
Switch from browser to "advanced" - fast. no delay
Switch between Oscillator panels - no delay
Ok (look nice) - close Alchemy window. And try to open again - 4 seconds
Try to swith between Oscillators - first clicks take 3-4 seconds. Next clicks is fast - with no delays.

All times when i close Alchemy GUI window - reopening is make all elements slow, until it clicked. Loading samples is slow - this understood. Loading files is always not fast process, but i have problems with reopening GUI.

For example i open Alchemy, tune some parameters and close window - open another plugin window, work and close, back to Alchemy and oops! Waiting. Then click to A/B/C/D - waiting, ok, close, back to something another, then to Alchemy and again waiting. In summary i have many times waiting Alchemy GUI feedback. Strange problem. I want to find workaround.

Of course i understand - that can be Reaper trouble, may be (some memory flashing or unload plugin GUI from memory when closing window). But only 2 plugins have slowness. This because i want to try lower version, if that possible. If not - is ok, i try to find another way. Summary delays is very painful. All other Alchemy things make me absolutely happy. This is my number one now.

i see only Alchemy Plugin v1.50.1 (and players 1.25)
Actually v1.25 will not be visible in your account because you're not set up to see old files. - Is the hard to enable old files visibility for my account ?

Thanks and sorry for noise.
ZenPunkHippy
KVRAF

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:42 pm

The GUI opening times are pretty normal, and v1.50.1 is actually a bit faster than 1.25. Some things you could try moving the Alchemy data folder to a non-system disk. If you need instructions for this let me know

Also this might help:

1. Create a new, empty Reaper project
2. Insert a new instrument rack
3. Right-click Alchemy and select "Save minimal undo states"
- this will permanently set the option
4. Create an instance of Alchemy
5. Test the source panels (I think that's what you mean by oscillators)

Alchemy has not been tested with Reaper v4.31 so I'm doing that now ...

Peace,
Andy.
Roman Che
KVRist

Postby Roman Che; Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:42 pm

One workaround found - switch Alchemy VSTi mode to "Dedicated process" (one of Reaper internal plug-ins management mode) This make possible stay opened Alchemy GUI long as needed without closing..
Roman Che
KVRist

Postby Roman Che; Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:47 pm

Interesting.. I forget about this option, thanks Andy i will try
ZenPunkHippy
KVRAF

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:48 pm

Thanks for the tip. I've now tested Alchemy v1.50.1 in Reaper 4.31. Yes there is a short pause when re-opening the GUI and clicking on source A/B/C/D - that was not happening with Alchemy in the previous version of Reaper.

So I think this is a new bug caused by Reaper, it's not Alchemy causing this. I will speak to the Reaper devs this week to see what they can do, and also talk to our GUI developer.

Peace,
Andy.
ph0bic
KVRist

163 posts since 28 Nov, 2009

Postby ph0bic; Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:00 pm

I'd also like to request that the 'set up to see old files' tag be activated on my account too please. Whilst I would like to be a beta tester for you guys I just haven't got the time and the new Alchemy is just unusable on my system in its present form (before I get flamed, its not so much the preset lag as the CPU hit on patches bringing my system to a standstill).
As I said I'd love to go through tests and try out suggested fixes etc. but atm I just need a working Alchemy as before the 1.5 update to finish a number of projects.
I've sent a support request via my account.
Thanks in advance :wink:
ZenPunkHippy
KVRAF

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:00 am

If anything the CPU required by v1.5 should be less than v1.25. No one else has reported that it's worse.

Provide us with some host details and preset names and we'll check, but I think this is related to system setup rather than Alchemy.

Without any info from you, we can't fix the problem because it's not happening on our test systems.

Peace,
Andy.
Roman Che
KVRist

Postby Roman Che; Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:49 am

Ok thanks, I'll try to collect more details. That occur of course with preset, but i can't say it name, because it not factory preset, but my own.
Roman Che
KVRist

Postby Roman Che; Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:04 am

Andy, can i download older version please - 1.25 ? Or this is impossible ? I can't buy new PC now in middle of work process, but i hope older version can be faster on my CPU. (but Quad Core Q6700 is not bad i think). Some licensing troubles ?
ZenPunkHippy
KVRAF

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:12 am

If you want to access the older version of Alchemy please email support [at] camelaudio [dot] com and ask for archive access. Include a link to this thread so they are aware of why you are asking, and Martin or Chris will sort that out for you.

Please note that we are unable to support the older version, and you will need to download the full set of presets for the Factory library and also the Camel Sounds file for any additional sound libraries. This is because the preset format is completely different for v1.25, so your current presets and projects will not load.

Peace,
Andy.
Roman Che
KVRist

Postby Roman Che; Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:57 am

Thanks Andy! I will write
Next

Moderator: Camel Audio Mods

Return to Camel Audio