What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

What Is Your Opinion On eBay VST-STORE Kontakt Libraries?

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

epu
KVRist

47 posts since 10 Apr, 2009

Postby epu; Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:31 pm

When I bought Kontakt, it was to have a) Realistic sounding instruments, and b) to have all of the synths I've ever wanted in one place. There are a lot of libraries from smaller companies like VST Store that makes Nord Wave, Alesis Andromeda, Yamaha FSR1 libraries and sell them on eBay. Are these libraries any good?

i.e. - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Clavia-Nord-Wav ... 27c1692590

Thanks.
KVRAF

7266 posts since 20 Nov, 2003, from Lost and Spaced

Postby osiris; Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:28 am

The bad thing is, you never know what you're getting. Sometimes these are copies of old sample CD's like Akais. One time someone had a JP8000, and I was like ohhh... Luckily, he had some sample patches you could d/l and I did and they didn't sound so hot. I bought one from ebay and the guy was nice enough and it was one he had actually did, but ALL the instruments had the Glide set wrong, so I ended up having to resave all his presets.
Stick with Pink Noise Studios and Hollow Sun, and the other legit Kontakt magic workers around here. I have a lot of PN stuff, and the Virus one is great and a real bargain for what you get.
KVRAF

5921 posts since 20 Jan, 2008, from Down on the farm

Postby Numanoid; Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:34 am

Looking at the link you posted:

Here are included ALL presets NORD WAVE in format NKI (Bank01, Bank02, Bank03, Bank04, Bank05, Bank06, Bank07 and USER BANK ) from hardware model NORD WAVE their most popular workstations. The given library allows to have sounds of this synth at you on a computer. Now you can save approximately $2000. The NKI liberys sampled in profesional quality!

If I were the manufacturer of Nord, I would be very annoyed that somebody would take all the presets I had spent time and hard work on making, and selling them on ebay. That feels like stealing to me (curiously this is allowed in Germany, but not in other countries).
KVRist

214 posts since 4 Oct, 2009, from Portland, OR

Postby UltimateOutsider; Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:09 am

I just tried searching for it but couldn't find it- but there was a recent thread from some guy on Steinberg or Gearsz who bought some of those VST Store packs- he was more or less pleased to have some of the synths' classic sounds, but found that a number of the patches had quirks that required some Kontakt editing.

Even if these libraries are recorded with the best possible methods at 1-to-1 key-to-sample quality, you're still not REALLY getting a duplicate of the advertised instrument. You're getting a given preset played a given way, not always even with velocity sensitivity.

What you're not getting is the ability to program new patches on the classic synth, or most (if any) of its dynamics, modulation options, or filter modeling.

So at best, if the quality's good, you've got sort of a Cliffs Notes summary of the synth's presets. But hey, that still might be enough for most people.
KVRAF

7266 posts since 20 Nov, 2003, from Lost and Spaced

Postby osiris; Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:33 am

Very true and point taken about the Nord, as well as the new stuff, ie: synths that are still on the market. The older stuff is actually a gray area, at least for me, and I'm glad there's a digital record of this stuff.
Waaaaahhh

1133 posts since 29 Jul, 2001, from montreal, quebec,canada

Postby realmarco; Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:39 pm

I'd never buy software and Sound-ware from ebay

its too easy to get screwed with Kracks and copied Library CDs

there are way better websites for that.
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!
KVRist

391 posts since 21 Sep, 2011, from Northern California

Postby Panphobia; Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:34 am

osiris wrote:The bad thing is, you never know what you're getting. Sometimes these are copies of old sample CD's like Akais. One time someone had a JP8000, and I was like ohhh... Luckily, he had some sample patches you could d/l and I did and they didn't sound so hot. I bought one from ebay and the guy was nice enough and it was one he had actually did, but ALL the instruments had the Glide set wrong, so I ended up having to resave all his presets.
Stick with Pink Noise Studios and Hollow Sun, and the other legit Kontakt magic workers around here. I have a lot of PN stuff, and the Virus one is great and a real bargain for what you get.

I also like Synth Magic. Excellent quality. Lots of good stuff out there for kontakt actually.
KVRer

2 posts since 24 Jan, 2013

Postby symphodio; Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:26 am

guys I already ordered Nord Wave from ebay to my Kontakt. And I am really heppy. Guys done. Made good sounds. I also ordered on www dot vst hyphen store dot com another sounds.
Sounds is really high quality and I'm very happy. These people help us to have good sounds good prices. Is not that good?
KVRist

214 posts since 4 Oct, 2009, from Portland, OR

Postby UltimateOutsider; Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:30 am

symphodio wrote:guys I already ordered Nord Wave from ebay to my Kontakt. And I am really heppy. Guys done. Made good sounds. I also ordered on xxx another sounds.
Sounds is really high quality and I'm very happy. These people help us to have good sounds good prices. Is not that good?

Oh boy. :)
KVRian

780 posts since 16 Feb, 2010

Postby gamecat666; Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:33 am

symphodio wrote:guys I already ordered Nord Wave from ebay to my Kontakt. And I am really heppy. Guys done. Made good sounds. I also ordered on www dot vst hyphen store dot com another sounds.

1st post? :P
[ MASCHINE MK1 & v2.0 | KOMPLETE8 | FLSTUDIO ]
R E T R O V I D E O G A M E M U S I C
KVRer

2 posts since 24 Jan, 2013

Postby symphodio; Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:40 am

I also add the following'
A lot of famous companies such as East West, Best Service, Native instrumens, Im Miltimedia and so on .... Created and sell sound from real synths and workstations. For example East West sell Nostalgia (and in this collection has a lot of sounds from real keyboards), IK Multimedia - Sell sounds from MOOG, Native Instruments - sounds from Yamaha keyboards and so on.... So I think that it is perfectly normal adn right. Because if you want to buy a real instrument such as Nord Wave, you will still buy it despite the fact that there is a virtual version of the sale or no.
For example, I have a lot of real instruments - Korg roland yamaha moog. But I'm still buying a virual versions of this keyboards. Since I'm a fan of these tools.
I play on real instruments in my concerts real-time. And I use the virual sounds on my Kontakt to create new music and so on....
So guys, it is perfectly normal and right to all musicians. Do not you agree?
KVRAF

5921 posts since 20 Jan, 2008, from Down on the farm

Postby Numanoid; Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:38 am

symphodio wrote:A lot of famous companies such as East West, Best Service, Native instrumens, Im Miltimedia and so on .... Created and sell sound from real synths and workstations. For example East West sell Nostalgia (and in this collection has a lot of sounds from real keyboards), IK Multimedia - Sell sounds from MOOG, Native Instruments - sounds from Yamaha keyboards and so on....

As long as the developer of the synths sampled is paid royalties, it shouldn't be a problem
'Beware of people who dislike cats' [Irish proverb]

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments