What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Tracktion returning?

Plug-in hosts and other software applications discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

bk
KVRian

1422 posts since 15 Aug, 2003, from Indianapolis

Postby bk; Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:55 pm Tracktion returning?

There's been a bit of a stirring on the Tracktion forum as of late.
I thought I would post about it here to catch the attention of those who may have enjoyed Tracktion at one time and have since moved on (often reluctantly) to other hosts, and may not be frequenting the Tracktion forum anymore.

Things we know for sure:
1: Jules has posted several times on the forum, for the first time since 2007.

2: The name "Mackie" has been stricken from the name of the forum. It was "Mackie Tracktion", now it's just "Tracktion". This coincided with the first new post from Jules.

3: Jules mentioned on the JUCE forum that he had been preoccuppied with a "secret project" that he could not speak about until after the NAMM show this January.

4: There had been a poll posted inquiring about people's willingness to crowd-source fund an updated version of Tracktion. Jules posted in that thread and said:
Thanks guys!

Really great that you're all offering support like this, but there's no need to worry about crowd-sourcing or anything like that - all that's required is a little patience until things can be revealed..

This all adds up to more than a little excitement over at the ol' T forum!
We're all :shock: and :o and more than a little :D
KVRAF

40233 posts since 20 Dec, 2005

Postby hibidy; Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:07 pm

Did someone say tracktion might be back alive?
KVRAF

2535 posts since 2 Feb, 2005, from Raincoast of Grayland

Postby mandolarian; Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:26 pm

Was never dead. T was just resting. Beauty rest and all that.
perception: the stuff reality is made of.
KVRist

426 posts since 21 Jun, 2010

Postby Johnny!; Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:41 pm

After all the good things I've heard about Tracktion, I'd love to try it some day :)
Banned

Postby ostfront; Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:42 pm

That's the only audio application I know of that cannot work with ASIO4ALL and my soundcard, both version 2 and 3. Even old freeware apps work with no problem. So, good luck Jules, and don't cry for me, buddy!
KVRAF

8593 posts since 2 Feb, 2005, from in the wilds

Postby pdxindy; Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:48 pm

I liked Tracktion... besides the fact that it was unstable and crashed all the time for me on the Mac...
bk
KVRian

Postby bk; Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:57 am

hibidy wrote:Image

Did someone say tracktion might be back alive?

Nice! :lol:
KVRAF

4636 posts since 28 Nov, 2002, from Chicago

Postby valley; Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:02 am

pdxindy wrote:I liked Tracktion... besides the fact that it was unstable and crashed all the time for me on the Mac...

If anyone can fix that it's Jules.
Someone shot the food. Remember: don't shoot food!
KVRAF

4636 posts since 28 Nov, 2002, from Chicago

Postby valley; Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:14 am

Oh, and:

Someone shot the food. Remember: don't shoot food!
Tux
KVRist

291 posts since 9 Jul, 2002, from About 3 feet below sea level.

Postby Tux; Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:30 pm

Yeah, Tracktion was good. I didn't quite get it at first but looking back, it was quite ahead of it's time in a lot of ways.

Will be following developments with interest.
KVRist

336 posts since 6 May, 2005

Postby MattmaN; Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:56 pm

Tracktion was a very fun host.
Drag this, drag that, write a sequence, record that, and presto a song appears.
KVRAF

4778 posts since 10 Aug, 2004, from Colorado Springs

Postby rockstar_not; Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:24 pm

ostfront wrote:That's the only audio application I know of that cannot work with ASIO4ALL and my soundcard, both version 2 and 3. Even old freeware apps work with no problem. So, good luck Jules, and don't cry for me, buddy!

Hmm, works just fine here...Even on a crummy laptop sound card for when I don't have my proper interface with me.
KVRAF

3313 posts since 17 Sep, 2006, from Fredericksburg, VA USA

Postby Integratron; Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:15 pm

I used Tracktion a few years back and really liked it at that time... a uniquely transparent DAW. I've moved along to Live for a few years and now most recently Samplitude and Reaper. I left Samplitude b/c it was too unstable.

I've finally seen the light and it's called Reaper. I am now totally blow away with Reaper... everything about it is amazing IMHO. It just simply works well for me. I fully intend to purchase a license after the holidays with my Christmas money!!! 8)
J.S. Bach... the Einstein of music
XPS8700 i7, 8gb memory, 1tb hdd, Steinberg UR22 audio I/F, Presonus ER5 monitors, Nektar LX-61 keyboard controller, Windows 7 Pro w/Sp1
Listen to my music here: http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?AID=439965&T=7205
bk
KVRian

Postby bk; Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:36 am

Integratron wrote:I used Tracktion a few years back and really liked it at that time... a uniquely transparent DAW. I've moved along to Live for a few years and now most recently Samplitude and Reaper. I left Samplitude b/c it was too unstable.

I've finally seen the light and it's called Reaper. I am now totally blow away with Reaper... everything about it is amazing IMHO. It just simply works well for me. I fully intend to purchase a license after the holidays with my Christmas money!!! 8)

Yep. Lots of Tracktion users have moved on, many to Reaper (myself included). Reaper works well for me, but was quite a jarring experience, coming from Tracktion! :hihi:

I'm anxious to see what will be on offer after NAMM in January.
Like many others, I'm hopeful, but if Mackie is still involved, I'll probably just continue with Reaper. They've already proved that they aren't interested in spending the money to keep software bug-free and compatible.
KVRian

1260 posts since 3 Jan, 2005

Postby fedexnman; Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:10 am

:band2:
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)