What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

I need a great hapsichord and a great vibraphone!

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

TristezaOrange
angelboy
 
4607 posts since 20 Aug, 2001, from Larnaca, Cyprus

Postby TristezaOrange; Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:20 am I need a great hapsichord and a great vibraphone!

Well, pretty self-explanatory! :D

I don't really mind about the cost - it's not that I'm super rich or anything but since they are single instruments I wouldn't expect them to cost more than about, say, 150 euros each.
Jason Washburn
KVRist
 
223 posts since 18 Jul, 2007, from Quebec, Canada

Postby Jason Washburn; Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:27 am

If you have the full version of Kontakt, check out this jazz vibraphone from SpitFire:

http://www.spitfireaudio.com/modules

Cost around 3.50$ (donation to Unicef)


I have the Dulcimer and Charango and like very much the sound from them....be aware that there ''donation instruments'' don't come with any documentation.




Jason Morin
TristezaOrange
angelboy
 
4607 posts since 20 Aug, 2001, from Larnaca, Cyprus

Postby TristezaOrange; Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:43 am

I already have those (the charango is great btw) but I'm not very happy with thw way the vibra sounds.
lingyai
KVRAF
 
1578 posts since 27 Jan, 2011

Postby lingyai; Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:53 am

If you have Kontakt, Soniccouture has two things which might be of interest

-- Xtended Piano, which has a plucked variant whbich sounds like a great harpsi -- check out the "Plucksichord" audio demo here

http://www.soniccouture.com/en/products ... ded-piano/

-- Morpheus, a great vibraphone-y thing
TristezaOrange
angelboy
 
4607 posts since 20 Aug, 2001, from Larnaca, Cyprus

Postby TristezaOrange; Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:59 am

Thanks! I have a lot of Soniccouture libraries (including Xtended Piano). I'll see how close that sounds to an actual hapsi. Still would like a dedicated one though!

I was very close to pulling the trigger on Morpheus but I never did. Maybe it's time. Again, I'd still like a dedicated vibraphone. :)


(wow, the pluckichord demo sounds great - really close to a hapsi indeed)
Harry_HH
KVRian
 
877 posts since 4 Aug, 2006, from Helsinki

Postby Harry_HH; Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:00 am

This is one of the "oldies but goodies",
http://www.artvista.net/Cool_Vibes.html
really charming.

Pianoteq offers also vibraphone etc.

H.
User avatar
sorohanro
KVRian
 
1233 posts since 29 Dec, 2008, from Lithuania

Postby sorohanro; Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:07 am

The Blanchet 1720, a 18th century french instrument by Blanchet. It has one manual, two 8' stops, plus a lute stop. Free
Kontakt & Sf2
http://sonimusicae.free.fr/blanchet1-en.html

The Small Italian, an anonymous 17th century italian instrument. It has one manual, two 8' stops, plus a lute stop. Free
Kontakt & Sf2
http://sonimusicae.free.fr/petititalien-en.html

Viby, a three octave Yamaha vibraphone. It has one sample per note. Free
UVI Workstation
http://acousticsamples.net/bundles/as-free-collection

THE CONSERVATOIRE COLLECTION
Flemish Harpischord, French Harpsichord, Baroque guitar, English Theorbo Hurdy Gurdy, Psaltery, Percussion Instruments $265
Kontakt
http://www.soniccouture.com/en/products/28-ancient-rare-and-experimental/g30-the-conservatoire-collection/

Virginal, a 4 octave Italian Box Virginal. Kontakt $24.95, EXS24 $22.95
http://www.boldersounds.net/index.php?main_page=product_music_info&cPath=3_18&products_id=103
woggle
KVRist
 
421 posts since 23 Nov, 2012

Postby woggle; Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:18 am

VibySM vibraphone - the full version of the free one mentioned above
http://acousticsamples.net/vibysm is on special and very good if you have ilok. (which I don't or I would be buying it)
olepro
KVRAF
 
1540 posts since 19 Apr, 2003, from Copenhagen, Denmark

Postby olepro; Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:30 am

Get Pianoteq and the Vibes add-on

These are included allready: http://www.pianoteq.com/free_addons

And then there are all the piano's
___The Jepptunes___
"Accept All the Good"

Sound design for SQ8L and Alchemy
TristezaOrange
angelboy
 
4607 posts since 20 Aug, 2001, from Larnaca, Cyprus

Postby TristezaOrange; Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:54 am

sorohanro wrote:The Blanchet 1720, a 18th century french instrument by Blanchet. It has one manual, two 8' stops, plus a lute stop. Free
Kontakt & Sf2
http://sonimusicae.free.fr/blanchet1-en.html

The Small Italian, an anonymous 17th century italian instrument. It has one manual, two 8' stops, plus a lute stop. Free
Kontakt & Sf2
http://sonimusicae.free.fr/petititalien-en.html

Viby, a three octave Yamaha vibraphone. It has one sample per note. Free
UVI Workstation
http://acousticsamples.net/bundles/as-free-collection

THE CONSERVATOIRE COLLECTION
Flemish Harpischord, French Harpsichord, Baroque guitar, English Theorbo Hurdy Gurdy, Psaltery, Percussion Instruments $265
Kontakt
http://www.soniccouture.com/en/products/28-ancient-rare-and-experimental/g30-the-conservatoire-collection/

Virginal, a 4 octave Italian Box Virginal. Kontakt $24.95, EXS24 $22.95
http://www.boldersounds.net/index.php?main_page=product_music_info&cPath=3_18&products_id=103


Wow, so many great suggestions! Thanks man! I am downloading the Blanchet, sounds awesome and it has that special chamber pop sound I was looking for (I was looking for a hapsichord that wouldn't sound out of place in a Brian Wilson composition :) ). Plus, it's totally free! :D

I never thought of getting the Conservatoire Collection, as much as love Soniccouture I could never justify the cost. Anyway, I found my hapsichord for the time being. :D

I'll check out the other suggestions too. :) Thanks again.
TristezaOrange
angelboy
 
4607 posts since 20 Aug, 2001, from Larnaca, Cyprus

Postby TristezaOrange; Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:55 am

woggle wrote:VibySM vibraphone - the full version of the free one mentioned above
http://acousticsamples.net/vibysm is on special and very good if you have ilok. (which I don't or I would be buying it)


I never really liked the sound of the demos on this. It's not bad, just not the sound I'm looking for. :) iLok just complicates things further.
TristezaOrange
angelboy
 
4607 posts since 20 Aug, 2001, from Larnaca, Cyprus

Postby TristezaOrange; Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:57 am

olepro wrote:Get Pianoteq and the Vibes add-on

These are included allready: http://www.pianoteq.com/free_addons

And then there are all the piano's


These are the best vibes I have heard in a VI. Probably going for these. I have heard them before and I liked them but I was thinking that maybe I could find a Kontakt solution so that I don't expand my VI library any further (or else it could blow! :D :lol: ).
kelvyn
KVRian
 
789 posts since 9 Mar, 2008, from netherlands

Postby kelvyn; Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:04 am

Have you tried the ex24 factory vibraphones? It would be cool if a vibes lib was created by a company like Imperfect Samples.
TristezaOrange
angelboy
 
4607 posts since 20 Aug, 2001, from Larnaca, Cyprus

Postby TristezaOrange; Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:05 am

Hey, does anyone know how good the Spitfire Hapsichord is? Just wondering.
TristezaOrange
angelboy
 
4607 posts since 20 Aug, 2001, from Larnaca, Cyprus

Postby TristezaOrange; Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:29 pm

kelvyn wrote:Have you tried the ex24 factory vibraphones? It would be cool if a vibes lib was created by a company like Imperfect Samples.


I don't use Logic! I'm on FL Studio
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries