How do deadmau5 sound

How to make that sound...
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys, I have some questions here I wanted to ask about deadmau5 sound how is done. I've read a little about it and seen some tutorial videos, doing it for example on FL Wasp, or touching decay, realise, sustain, attack... but still not sure if the appropiate is to do it with filters or anything else. Can somebody there give a hand...
Thanks for your tips.

I wanted something similar to Avici's track

http://youtu.be/_80gdZ5qPCc

Go to these sections and type "deadmau5" on the search field. You'll find lots of information:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=62

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=100

Thanks, I'm gonna give a look.

Why not just not worry about non-unique sounds that someone else already did and try to make up your own stuff?

They don't sound at all, they're dead! And it's "dead mice" btw. :hihi:
The hole is deeper than the hum of its farts

pretty sure he uses mostly fxpansion and cytomic effects and soft synths
Has anybody ever really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Gizzmo0815 wrote:Why not just not worry about non-unique sounds that someone else already did and try to make up your own stuff?
Is Something that everybody knows, and I want to know also.

Step 1: Find a mouse.
Step 2: Put it in your computer case.
Step 3: Turn your computer on.
Step 4: Try making some music.

As you start to smell burning mouse, you'll be that much closer to the deadmau5 sound.
You are currently reading my signature.

@midnight wrote:pretty sure he uses mostly fxpansion and cytomic effects and soft synths
Actually, i think he is using much more hardware synths than software one's, he's quite a gearhead.

DHijin, since you've had a try after watching a tutorial, why not post what you've got so far? Don't worry if you think it's not very close. You can get closer as you experiment.

djanthonyw wrote:Step 1: Find a mouse.

As you start to smell burning mouse, you'll be that much closer to the deadmau5 sound.
Very funny. But try to speak about yourself if you don't know about who are you talking. Everybody try to do things, and here what i'm looking for is more information.

Thanks by nothing

ferez21 wrote:
@midnight wrote:pretty sure he uses mostly fxpansion and cytomic effects and soft synths
Actually, i think he is using much more hardware synths than software one's, he's quite a gearhead.
Actually, I think he is using a lot more software synths than hardware. I know he's a gearhead but he says himself that he comes from a software background and prefers working that way.

He worked closely with fxpansion when they were making Synth Squad and has used it extensively, even naming the song "Strobe" after that particular synth. He has also worked with Cytomic while he put together The Glue, you can see him thanked in the credits for both of those products.
Has anybody ever really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

DHijin wrote:
djanthonyw wrote:Step 1: Find a mouse.

Very funny. But try to speak about yourself if you don't know about who are you talking. Everybody try to do things, and here what i'm looking for is more information.

Thanks by nothing
He's just jealous . .

Anyhow it would be good to definitely read a little on what he uses.

He is a big Fxpansion user ;)

Meffy wrote:DHijin, since you've had a try after watching a tutorial, why not post what you've got so far? Don't worry if you think it's not very close. You can get closer as you experiment.
Is what I'm doing, but I want to do this with other plugins, not just in Wasp As I seen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBWnZWxP ... ature=plcp

Then I was requesting information for people if knows about it because I've been searching on Kvraudio forums with the adavanced search of google and still didn't found what I'm looking for then I wanted to do an specific question, if somebody there can help me, because I don't if I have to use some filters for the cut off, In some plugins works the cut off , but in others I need to integrate because is not enough.

Thanks

I don't have an answer for you but try and ignore the haters. Haters gonna hate.

Return to “Sound Design”