What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

How do deadmau5 sound

How to make that sound...

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

User avatar
KVRist
 
145 posts since 23 Nov, 2011, from Palma de Mallorca, Spain

Postby DHijin; Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:41 am How do deadmau5 sound

Hi guys, I have some questions here I wanted to ask about deadmau5 sound how is done. I've read a little about it and seen some tutorial videos, doing it for example on FL Wasp, or touching decay, realise, sustain, attack... but still not sure if the appropiate is to do it with filters or anything else. Can somebody there give a hand...
Thanks for your tips.

I wanted something similar to Avici's track

http://youtu.be/_80gdZ5qPCc
User avatar
KVRAF
 
5561 posts since 8 May, 2008, from ssssskipping ......... I left you there

Postby standalone; Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:30 pm

Go to these sections and type "deadmau5" on the search field. You'll find lots of information:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=62

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=100
User avatar
KVRist
 
145 posts since 23 Nov, 2011, from Palma de Mallorca, Spain

Postby DHijin; Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:50 pm

Thanks, I'm gonna give a look.
KVRer
 
23 posts since 28 May, 2010

Postby Gizzmo0815; Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:57 pm

Why not just not worry about non-unique sounds that someone else already did and try to make up your own stuff?
KVRian
 
742 posts since 23 Jan, 2006, from Universe #5346198720

Postby dreamkeeper; Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:39 pm

They don't sound at all, they're dead! And it's "dead mice" btw. :hihi:
"and your wise men don't know how it feee-e-hee-e-ee-e-heels..."
KVRAF
 
1584 posts since 22 Apr, 2011, from The House of Zaid

Postby @midnight; Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:51 pm

pretty sure he uses mostly fxpansion and cytomic effects and soft synths
Has anybody ever really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
User avatar
KVRist
 
145 posts since 23 Nov, 2011, from Palma de Mallorca, Spain

Postby DHijin; Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:55 pm

Gizzmo0815 wrote:Why not just not worry about non-unique sounds that someone else already did and try to make up your own stuff?


Is Something that everybody knows, and I want to know also.
User avatar
KVRAF
 
6678 posts since 20 Jul, 2004, from Boston
 

Postby djanthonyw; Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:00 pm

Step 1: Find a mouse.
Step 2: Put it in your computer case.
Step 3: Turn your computer on.
Step 4: Try making some music.

As you start to smell burning mouse, you'll be that much closer to the deadmau5 sound.
You are currently reading my signature.
User avatar
KVRian
 
907 posts since 12 Oct, 2012, from The Holy Land

Postby ferez21; Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:06 pm

@midnight wrote:pretty sure he uses mostly fxpansion and cytomic effects and soft synths


Actually, i think he is using much more hardware synths than software one's, he's quite a gearhead.
Image
Skunk Mod
 
20423 posts since 10 Jun, 2004, from Pony Pasture

Postby Meffy; Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:12 pm

DHijin, since you've had a try after watching a tutorial, why not post what you've got so far? Don't worry if you think it's not very close. You can get closer as you experiment.
User avatar
KVRist
 
145 posts since 23 Nov, 2011, from Palma de Mallorca, Spain

Postby DHijin; Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:14 pm

djanthonyw wrote:Step 1: Find a mouse.
Step 2: Put it in your computer case.
Step 3: Turn your computer on.
Step 4: Try making some music.

As you start to smell burning mouse, you'll be that much closer to the deadmau5 sound.


Very funny. But try to speak about yourself if you don't know about who are you talking. Everybody try to do things, and here what i'm looking for is more information.

Thanks by nothing
KVRAF
 
1584 posts since 22 Apr, 2011, from The House of Zaid

Postby @midnight; Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:14 pm

ferez21 wrote:
@midnight wrote:pretty sure he uses mostly fxpansion and cytomic effects and soft synths


Actually, i think he is using much more hardware synths than software one's, he's quite a gearhead.


Actually, I think he is using a lot more software synths than hardware. I know he's a gearhead but he says himself that he comes from a software background and prefers working that way.

He worked closely with fxpansion when they were making Synth Squad and has used it extensively, even naming the song "Strobe" after that particular synth. He has also worked with Cytomic while he put together The Glue, you can see him thanked in the credits for both of those products.
Has anybody ever really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
User avatar
KVRAF
 
3690 posts since 3 Jul, 2012

Postby V0RT3X; Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:16 pm

DHijin wrote:
djanthonyw wrote:Step 1: Find a mouse.
Step 2: Put it in your computer case.
Step 3: Turn your computer on.
Step 4: Try making some music.

As you start to smell burning mouse, you'll be that much closer to the deadmau5 sound.


Very funny. But try to speak about yourself if you don't know about who are you talking. Everybody try to do things, and here what i'm looking for is more information.

Thanks by nothing


He's just jealous . .

Anyhow it would be good to definitely read a little on what he uses.

He is a big Fxpansion user ;)
User avatar
KVRist
 
145 posts since 23 Nov, 2011, from Palma de Mallorca, Spain

Postby DHijin; Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:22 pm

Meffy wrote:DHijin, since you've had a try after watching a tutorial, why not post what you've got so far? Don't worry if you think it's not very close. You can get closer as you experiment.


Is what I'm doing, but I want to do this with other plugins, not just in Wasp As I seen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBWnZWxP ... ature=plcp

Then I was requesting information for people if knows about it because I've been searching on Kvraudio forums with the adavanced search of google and still didn't found what I'm looking for then I wanted to do an specific question, if somebody there can help me, because I don't if I have to use some filters for the cut off, In some plugins works the cut off , but in others I need to integrate because is not enough.

Thanks
KVRAF
 
40109 posts since 20 Dec, 2005

Postby hibidy; Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:27 pm

I don't have an answer for you but try and ignore the haters. Haters gonna hate.
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Sound Design

cron