MuLab 5.0.31 Test

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mutools wrote:Because the factory folder is protected. Otherwise there could be practical problems when updating your MuLab install.
Understandable.
The "Presets" mecanism has been more generalized with M5, which is a good thing imho.
The Docs will keep the confusion down :)
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

The new synth presets are fantastic. I tried the basses and love the additions :)

liquidsound wrote:
The "Presets" mecanism has been more generalized with M5, which is a good thing imho.
Can you explain me what's confusing about it?

mutools wrote:
liquidsound wrote:
Can you explain me what's confusing about it?
Sure.
A preset is usually associated with a VST or VSTi while a Clip ( Seq Part + VST + VST Preset) makes more sense to be saved as MuClip.
It may be confusing the first time, but after that, like I said, the issue is solved.
I understand the mechanism but this is just a menu label.
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

ooh nice one. i agree.

you should be able to drag and drop a muclip to the mux and have it there ready to trigger like some silly easy kurzweil patch with all automation and effects at the go. ready for a timeline. now thats some power. :love:

> DiGiT < wrote:ooh nice one. i agree.

you should be able to drag and drop a muclip to the mux and have it there ready to trigger like some silly easy kurzweil patch with all automation and effects at the go. ready for a timeline. now thats some power. :love:
I might misunderstand, but you can have a sequence in a MUX now. And if you limit the keyrange properly, you can have a 'demo seq' running when pressing e.g. C7 and normal play otherwise.

I have downloaded M5 and played with it a little.
I have a Pentium 4 with Hyperthreading and see no difference with M4 (I have compared the CPU load with the demo songs).
On the "Pure" demo song, the CPU meter have gone to 1915 % !!!
It's time for me to change my computer.

The browser and the MuClips are good additions...

I wonder why the Midi CC automation don't use the curve system ???

About the MuLab 5 user keys: Users who bought a MuLab 4 UL user license and already want their MuLab 5 UL user key, email me ;)

I don't need another host, but this is terrific. Wow, good times for us now again!

mutools wrote:About the MuLab 5 user keys: Users who bought a MuLab 4 UL user license and already want their MuLab 5 UL user key, email me ;)
Emailed :)
Mixcraft 8 Recording Studio : Reason 10

hibidy wrote:I don't need another host, but this is terrific. Wow, good times for us now again!
I thought the same.

Amazed I had not heard of it until now :shock: Think I have found my xmas prezzie to myself :love:

<edit -- i was being stupid>

When project audio files aren't found, would it be possible to automatically check if an audio subfolder exists in the MuSession folder and search for the audio files if it does? I've just reorganised my music drive's folder structure, and even though I've moved both the Musession and ..\Audio folders, MuLab asks me to search for the files.

Also, little FR for being able to dock the browser to the left rather than the right. Force of habit from years of Windows explorer I guess!

Liking the new dialog and button graphics btw, looks much more polished.

It works great for me! Excellent work! I played around with it for several hours and didn't run into any issues.

robenestobenz wrote:When project audio files aren't found, would it be possible to automatically check if an audio subfolder exists in the MuSession folder and search for the audio files if it does? I've just reorganised my music drive's folder structure, and even though I've moved both the Musession and ..\Audio folders, MuLab asks me to search for the files.
When the audio files were in the same folder as the musession or in a subfolder to the musession folder at the moment you saved the musession, then the audio files should be saved with a relative file path to that musession folder and so you should be able to move them together without prob.

Are you sure that was the case at the moment you saved the musession?
And with which MuLab version did you save that session? FYI: this relative file path management appeared in MuLab 3.2.3.

Logical Editor:

Mode - Select
Time - Any
Type - Equal - Parameter
Changing "Value 1" from "Any" to any other option here crashes MuLab. This is with a newly created project or any demo project.

This does NOT happen if you first selected some other Type and Value. But if you then change Type to Parameter, and change Value 1 to "Any", then to any other option, crash again.

Also when using Inside/Outside for Parameter or Controller, there's no dropdown arrow available because the strips are too wide and Logical Editor window cannot be resized:

On the subject of Logical selector - wouldn't it be better if pitch bend would be shown as 14-bit range, either as unipolar (0 to 16383 with 8192 being center) or bipolar (-8191 to +8192)?

Return to “MUTOOLS”