A VST Plugin like Propellerheads Reasons Recycle and Dr Octo Rex together?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Im searching for a VST Plugin, where you can slice your samples, adding effects to EVERY SINGLE slice, reversing every single slice, DRAG&DROP THE RESULTING AUDIO INTO THE DAW>>>the most important feature for me!
Is there anywhere a sofware which can do this ALL TOGETHER???

Stylus RMX cant slice and no drag&drop import!
Im using Studio One!

I don't know that you're going to find exactly what you're looking for. Geist is pretty good for sampling, slicing, manipulating individual slices, and then triggering/sequencing them.

I actually tend to work in the opposite way. I record into my Sonar timeline, and then use the audiosnap tools to create individual slices. Then I'll drag and drop my slices into a new Battery drum kit, where I can process, manipulate, and trigger individual slices.

Ableton provides a similar workflow which I'm just starting to get into.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

My workflow is to do all in a vst and drag&drop the processed audio file into the sequencer and work further on. Is it possible with Geist, this Drag&Drop thing?

No, most vsts will not permanently process audio and provide a modified sample to drag back into your DAW timeline.

Edit:
It seems like you want your vsts to be like a standalone sample editor, performing destructive edits to a sample. That goes counter to the basic premise of a vsti, which is a dynamically changing instrument, responding to realtime performance input. What you want is a DAW with an integrated sample editor, or tight integration with an external one. Like in Sonar,.I can select a bit of audio in a track and instantly send it to Sound Forge for editing, returning the modified version back to the timeline.
Last edited by deastman on Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Not a VST, but I can do that in Ableton Live.

For freeware I like Loopdrive, I haven't checked all it's features, but could at least fill some of your criterias.

For payware I think Slicex is worth a look
Slicex uses advanced beat detection algorithms to slice song/percussion samples into pieces and make them independently playable from the Piano roll or controller.

the one thing i drastically miss from Reason is Dr OctoREx. my good that thing was amazing for my uses.

I really hope someone looks at precisely how it works and make such an easy to use AU/VST equivalent some day, with enhancements to the couple of tiny gripes i and others had.

It would be such a great third party instrument to have.

Logic's EXS24 can actually do most of it but it's not as elegant in it's functioning, but it's my compromise for now.

TheoM wrote:the one thing i drastically miss from Reason is Dr OctoREx. my good that thing was amazing for my uses.
You could always start buying Propellerheads software again... :hihi:

TheoM wrote:the one thing i drastically miss from Reason is Dr OctoREx. my good that thing was amazing for my uses.
Yes, nice piece of software...
but I dont use Reason anymore and I hate rewire because you must save two projects and open two projects every time.

A is A

NI used to have something called Intakt. Check out FXPansion Geist for a current option
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Geist is pretty straight forward and you can sample and chop right inside the plugin! It also loads rex files.

If you have live and want to use Rex files then your best bet is to buy recycle and use the rex files inside live.

I have both and tend to use geist more for my beat making stuff cause i really like the built in mixer, effects.
:borg:

The best I know is LiveSlice http://www.livelab.dk/liveslice.php
But it is no longer in development :(((((

http://www.kvraudio.com/product/livesli ... dk/details

Return to “Instruments”