Bad support: Virsyn Tera 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Virsyn crap customer services continues:

I asked for help with a problem installing my licensed copy of TERA 2 on a reformatted PC, and got this:
Hello,

sorry - not able to help (we don't have Tera 2 on our test machines)

KInd Regards

Your VirSyn Team
I'll be avoiding all of their products from now on.

richiehoop wrote:Virsyn crap customer services continues:

I asked for help with a problem installing my licensed copy of TERA 2 on a reformatted PC, and got this:
Hello,

KInd Regards

Your VirSyn Team

Tera 2 is almost 10 years old now. I am afraid they are (almost) right on this one.
Last edited by ZINO on Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wow, that's... just sad :o

I wouldn't buy from them either after reading this. I still love Addictive Synth, but that's different... and cheap!

ZINO wrote: Tera 2 is almost 10 years old now. I am afraid they are right on this one.
If there's a copy protection like C/R, they should still support it OR remove it!

3 has a serial number CP, I am not sure about 2. I admit however that since they became active with producing IOS trash (IMO of course) their support and general determination in desktop products is lame indeed

ZINO wrote:3 has a serial number CP, I am not sure about 2, I admit however that since the became active with producing IOS Trash (IMO of courese) their support and general determination in desktop products is lame indeed
I just thought of a C/R problem, since installing a plugin itself is rarely difficult...

Have you tried this IOS Trash I referred to? :P

T-CM11 wrote:
ZINO wrote:3 has a serial number CP, I am not sure about 2, I admit however that since the became active with producing IOS Trash (IMO of courese) their support and general determination in desktop products is lame indeed
I just thought of a C/R problem, since installing a plugin itself is rarely difficult...

I refer to the whole IOS software as trash and I was bashed for this of course, but its a) My opinion, and b) I am old (>30 that is)... :P

Split to a separate thread so a bunch of long-dead flame battles don't reignite.

richiehoop wrote:Virsyn crap customer services continues:

Hello,

KInd Regards

Your VirSyn Team
Without knowing what you wrote this response is out of context and of course no one can offer help, well done :P
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Well, that's just plain silly, imo. Even if they didn't have a copy installed on their test machine, what would it take to go ahead and install a copy?

(You did say PC, right? If on a Mac I could see issues.)

Their support used to be very good, though it IS just two people afaik.

What was your issue with the installation? And what computer specs? Maybe someone on here might be able to help you.
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

ZINO wrote:
T-CM11 wrote:

I refer to the whole IOS software as trash and I was bashed for this of course, but its a) My opinion, and b) I am old (>30 that is)... :P
Huh? Where did I bash or say something about your age? Just asked if you tried it :?

T-CM11 wrote:
ZINO wrote:
T-CM11 wrote:

Huh? Where did I bash or say something about your age? Just asked if you tried it :?
You - never, some other people did, and the age thing was a semi joke to exclude myself from the new trends in music making :)

richiehoop wrote:I'll be avoiding all of their products from now on.
Tera 3 was launched in 2005 :-o

It seems you already have been avoiding new VirSyn products for some time.

I'm sorry for your troubles, but can't really expect a developer to assist with installation issues of an earlier version of a plug that is close to 10 years old.

Will Steinberg help out with installation issues I have with Cubase on my reformatted Atari ST from 1993? :hihi:

Numanoid wrote: Will Steinberg help out with installation issues I have with Cubase on my reformatted Atari ST from 1993? :hihi:
You should remove it from the box in the basement before installing! :P

T-CM11 wrote:You should remove it from the box in the basement before installing! :P
Yeah, thanks, didn't think about doing that, that could in fact solve my whole problem with the installation :lol:

Return to “Instruments”