What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Creative sampler like 'Simpler'

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

analoguesamples909
KVRian
 
1499 posts since 28 Dec, 2007

Postby analoguesamples909; Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:33 pm Creative sampler like 'Simpler'

This was asked in 2009 but Im wondering now if there is any solution of a sampler where you can have glitch free manipulation of start/end and loop points in a sampler as in Ableton Simpler. Mac based...its a key thing in Live and Im considering moving to another DAW...MachFIve?
User avatar
~Pd~
KVRian
 
722 posts since 29 Jul, 2006

Postby ~Pd~; Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:24 pm

I have a Reaktor patch called Frame that will do that. If you happen to have Reaktor, there ya go.

http://www.reaktortips.com/2011/02/intr ... -pack.html
analoguesamples909
KVRian
 
1499 posts since 28 Dec, 2007

Postby analoguesamples909; Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:29 pm

cool thats an option I suppose...will have to have a think about buying komplete maybe second hand...with reaktor and these types of ensembles - is it reasonably easy to record automation for the controls?
User avatar
~Pd~
KVRian
 
722 posts since 29 Jul, 2006

Postby ~Pd~; Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:51 am

You mean host VST automation? It works fine for me in Reaper. I recall people were having trouble with it in Cubase a while back. That may be fixed now.

As for MIDI learn and MIDI control, that works as well as anything else but is probably more flexible in Reaktor than most plugins.
User avatar
George
KVRAF
 
2627 posts since 17 Jul, 2002

Postby George; Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:05 am

Highlife loop points can be host automated.

http://www.discodsp.com/highlife
elcallio
KVRian
 
959 posts since 27 May, 2005, from Stockholm

Postby elcallio; Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:15 am

TX16Wx can automate and modulate sample start + loop points.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/
xoxos
Mr Entertainment
 
10646 posts since 29 Apr, 2002, from i might peeramid

Postby xoxos; Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:54 am

try element (not the waves one the xoxos one)

one sample + loop modulation. loop crossfade operates in two modes.. one as milliseconds (up to 1 second iirc), one relative to loop length (up to 100%).
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha xoxos.net free vst. neither a follower nor a leader be
tagore "where roads are made i lose my way"
analoguesamples909
KVRian
 
1499 posts since 28 Dec, 2007

Postby analoguesamples909; Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:37 pm

thanks guys - most of those are PC only but Ill try Highlife...I know there was Toby Helios which is a PC also...
analoguesamples909
KVRian
 
1499 posts since 28 Dec, 2007

Postby analoguesamples909; Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:46 pm

George wrote:Highlife loop points can be host automated.

http://www.discodsp.com/highlife


no loop crossfade in highlife or just me?

adjust start and end points?
analoguesamples909
KVRian
 
1499 posts since 28 Dec, 2007

Postby analoguesamples909; Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:48 pm

~Pd~ wrote:I have a Reaktor patch called Frame that will do that. If you happen to have Reaktor, there ya go.

http://www.reaktortips.com/2011/02/intr ... -pack.html


these sound cool but again no adjustable crossfade in the loop?
analoguesamples909
KVRian
 
1499 posts since 28 Dec, 2007

Postby analoguesamples909; Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:53 pm

xoxos wrote:try element (not the waves one the xoxos one)

one sample + loop modulation. loop crossfade operates in two modes.. one as milliseconds (up to 1 second iirc), one relative to loop length (up to 100%).



this looks excellent but Im on a mac...:(
User avatar
~Pd~
KVRian
 
722 posts since 29 Jul, 2006

Postby ~Pd~; Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:42 pm

analoguesamples909 wrote:
~Pd~ wrote:I have a Reaktor patch called Frame that will do that. If you happen to have Reaktor, there ya go.

http://www.reaktortips.com/2011/02/intr ... -pack.html


these sound cool but again no adjustable crossfade in the loop?


In Frame the smooth control adjusts the volume ramping to smooth the loop points. That's enough to declick the loop.

If you want the loops to overlap significantly instead of just ramp a bit, Mirage will do that.
User avatar
djanthonyw
KVRAF
 
6710 posts since 20 Jul, 2004, from Boston

Postby djanthonyw; Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:47 pm

I am trying out Frame. When I add a loop to it, I switch the sample number to select the new loop. If I want to add another loop instead, I drag a new loop onto it, but it doesn't seem to load in Frame? Also, is there a way to have a loop load on the sample that's currently selected?
You are currently reading my signature.
User avatar
~Pd~
KVRian
 
722 posts since 29 Jul, 2006

Postby ~Pd~; Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:56 pm

djanthonyw wrote:I am trying out Frame. When I add a loop to it, I switch the sample number to select the new loop. If I want to add another loop instead, I drag a new loop onto it, but it doesn't seem to load in Frame? Also, is there a way to have a loop load on the sample that's currently selected?


Frame doesn't remember loop points. It's more for messing around and improvising. Loupe will remember loop points - each MIDI note can have a separate start and end point, transpose, filter settings etc. and it all saves in Reaktor snapshots.
User avatar
djanthonyw
KVRAF
 
6710 posts since 20 Jul, 2004, from Boston

Postby djanthonyw; Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:00 pm

Yes, I'm not asking about the loop points though. When I want to load a loop into Frame, it works for the first loop I try to load, but if I drag another loop onto it, it doesn't load.
You are currently reading my signature.
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments