NAMM Show

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys - are any of you going to attend NAMM?
Tracktion Software Corporation

How do you even get a ticket? Don't you have to have an invitation or something?

TSC wrote:Hey guys - are any of you going to attend NAMM?
I was toying with the idea, but ended up being far too busy to take the time off work. :(
Someone shot the food. Remember: don't shoot food!

stikygum wrote:How do you even get a ticket? Don't you have to have an invitation or something?
You have to be a NAMM member or a guest/employee of a member.
http://www.namm.org/membership

justin3am wrote:
stikygum wrote:How do you even get a ticket? Don't you have to have an invitation or something?
You have to be a NAMM member or a guest/employee of a member.
http://www.namm.org/membership
Interesting, I didn't realize that the Winter NAMM lacked a public day. I wouldn't have been going anyway then.
Someone shot the food. Remember: don't shoot food!

Now why in the heck would I want to go to Anaheim California with all that irritating sun, slack and annoyingly soothing off-shore coastal breezes when I can stay right here and enjoy my nice, cool New England Winter(TM) and slip on the ice and crack my head and other fun things like that?

And all those girls walking around in tight shorts and stuff? And all those piles of music junk all over without a single smog-and-grime-encrusted snow bank in sight? No swirling dervishes of wind, sand and road salt to embrace my face as I walk along the side walks?

WhaddyafugginreTAHded? No THANKS pal.

I'm staying right here.

:cry:
Music is something you DO. Spend time, not money.
http://www.myspace.com/skipkent
http://soundcloud.com/skipkent

The first few times, I thought going to NAMM was cool. That was when I didn't have to go. Then the next few times (when I did have to go), it was an annoyance. Now that I don't have to go, I haven't gone in years.

Ugh. All that noise in one room. It's hard for musicians to tune it out.

Unless the manufacturer has a private room, it's impossible to really demo anything.

Having said that: If I could go this year, I would. :hihi:

For Tracktioneers, it all starts again here...... Although being in Anaheim is not a necessity :)
Tracktion Software Corporation

Yes!!! Let's make some noise! Let the halls of Anaheim be filled with the sweet grunts of groundhog joy bouncing wildly off the unwitting bipeds with badges who thought they were getting a quiet week away from all the local groundhogs.
perception: the stuff reality is made of.

I'm confused.

If Tracktion is no longer related to Mackie, then who is announcing what at NAMM?

:?:
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

mcnelson wrote:I'm confused.

If Tracktion is no longer related to Mackie, then who is announcing what at NAMM?

:?:
Jules & Woody & Dave have founded a new company called "Tracktion Software Company" (www.tracktionsoftware.com). They hold the rights on Tracktion and will present T4 at NAMM. Mackie is out of the race ;-))
Lost in Music...

I'm curious to know why things remain secret and get announced at NAMM still. Aren't most of the users and potential users here, waiting for no or little reason? Aren't most of the people at NAMM checking out guitars or synths or boobs? For such a future-looking product, NAMM just seems like a dinosaur delivery.

What's the value in taunting the people who want it for the sake of people who probably don't?
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

So why arent they listed at NAMM, Starting to worry here that this "No more Mackie" hype is exactly what i was told by somebody normally in the know the other day, this "Independent" company is still under Loud and as such is Mackie by another name :(

I really hope to be proven wrong, but if it is Loud then it is going to end up exactly as it did before.
Duh

pough wrote:I'm curious to know why things remain secret and get announced at NAMM still. Aren't most of the users and potential users here, waiting for no or little reason? Aren't most of the people at NAMM checking out guitars or synths or boobs? For such a future-looking product, NAMM just seems like a dinosaur delivery.

What's the value in taunting the people who want it for the sake of people who probably don't?
press... media... influent people
Se non é vero, é ben trovato
PC/XP 2CoreIntel T3 OnixSatellite

bungle wrote:So why arent they listed at NAMM, Starting to worry here that this "No more Mackie" hype is exactly what i was told by somebody normally in the know the other day, this "Independent" company is still under Loud and as such is Mackie by another name :(

I really hope to be proven wrong, but if it is Loud then it is going to end up exactly as it did before.
That's exactly what I thought. We all checked the NAMM site and couldn't see anything related except Mackie / Loud Tech. Plus, the Audio Agent involvement hints towards a Mackie / Loud influence somewhere in the mix.

TBH, I don't have any objections to an independent TSC operating under Mackie.

In other news, I assume KVR member TSC=Woody?
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

Return to “Tracktion”