What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

What is one VST effects plugin you can't live without?

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

User avatar
mellotronaut
KVRAF
 
9965 posts since 2 Jan, 2005, from somewhere in the woods

Postby mellotronaut; Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:14 pm

Uhbik and Camelspace
"It dreamed itself along"
OzWozEre
KVRist
 
353 posts since 5 Nov, 2012

Postby OzWozEre; Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:18 pm

DuX wrote:No, you don't have to. NyquistEQ is free to use. :)


Mac OS X PowerPC VST ??? :shock:

That's a shame, thanks for helping, I hate it when that happens :cry:
Froqqer
KVRist
 
125 posts since 19 Nov, 2011, from Massachusetts

Postby Froqqer; Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:21 pm

valhallaroom
we are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams
JJBiener
KVRian
 
939 posts since 26 Nov, 2005

Postby JJBiener; Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:27 pm

I use Reflex Pro on almost everything I do. From subtle to extraordinary, it has great sound and amazing flexibility.
This space has been unintentionally left blank.
Lotuzia
KVRAF
 
7270 posts since 19 Feb, 2004, from Paris

Postby Lotuzia; Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:37 pm

This quartet is on -almost- every project :

Exponential Audio Phoenix or R2 reverbs, Xils-Lab Le Masque Delay, Sonalksis Max Limit or Multi Limit, Sonalkis CQ1.

And makes me completely happy :oops:
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Soundbanks for Vsti

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there [Xils-Lab Team]
User avatar
DuX
KVRAF
 
3214 posts since 14 Mar, 2002, from Underworld

Postby DuX; Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:39 pm

OzWozEre wrote:
DuX wrote:No, you don't have to. NyquistEQ is free to use. :)


Mac OS X PowerPC VST ??? :shock:

That's a shame, thanks for helping, I hate it when that happens :cry:


Never mind. It's not your fault you've chosen a platform that is not supported with plugins as much as PC one. And it's not your fault that about 147.765 VST plugins exist for PC, when there's only 1563 for OS-X. Shame, really. It's probably because 95% of the people choose to buy a PC, developers amongst others. So if you wnat to be "exclusive", you can easily be "exclusive" by buying a Mac. So exclusive actually that nobody wants to make programs for it. It's what you opted for by going "Mac" - exclusiveness, literally. :) :tu:

But PCs are so terribly unstable, prone to viruses, and in general unreliable. I'm having a blue screen every hour, and it just doesn't let me work. It's so unstable and I've got 33.5 viruses on it + two antivirus software and they still can't keep it clean! PCs are so hard and in general terrible to work with. It's so hard to find pictures of my sexy cousin on it every time. Gosh I wish I had a Mac and the great "Finder" app. I've heard stories it can even find the keys to your house for you! Not to mention your TV remote control! It just works! ;) They're so reliable and so easy to work with. :cry: You can literally get rid of your brain and let your Mac work everything out for you, or so I've heard. Gosh, I wish I had money for Mac. :)

not really. /*sarcasm*
Last edited by DuX on Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:02 pm, edited 11 times in total.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
@midnight
KVRAF
 
1584 posts since 22 Apr, 2011, from The House of Zaid

Postby @midnight; Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:49 pm

tsclip
Has anybody ever really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
User avatar
IrionDaRonin
KVRAF
 
2442 posts since 17 Mar, 2011, from Spain

Postby IrionDaRonin; Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:05 pm

MG TempoDelay and Voxengo MSED.
I use them in all my compositions.

Have a nice day :)
Image
User avatar
bailees7irish
KVRAF
 
2529 posts since 30 Mar, 2007, from virginia, US

Postby bailees7irish; Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:15 pm

Sonitex STX-1260,
KarmaFX Reverb,
CamelCrusher,
CamelSpace,
Nightshine,
Eos
FL Studio 11 / Music Creator 6 Touch / Fabfilter One / Aalto / Alchemy / Cumulus / Scanned Synth Pro / Consequence / EVE / Harmless / Ohmboyz / Mobilohm / Hematohm / Predatohm / Eos
Agathodaimon
Banned

Postby Agathodaimon; Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:17 pm

i am into progressive metal. Also other genre like black metal, death, massive on Classical music, great classical influences..
Hmmm jazz, blues pretty much everything.

I dunno, probably the vst's i use the most when it comes to mixing and recording would be EQ, Compressors, and Saturation.
Not really picky what am using am going for the stock plug-ins, no point on wasting money, they all do the same thing :p

As of if am playing my keys that would definitely be Omnisphere no doubt there.
Am still in a search from time to time here and there but ye thats it :p
User avatar
DuX
KVRAF
 
3214 posts since 14 Mar, 2002, from Underworld

Postby DuX; Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:20 pm

I suppose when you hear one, you actually hear six? So when you order one beer, you expect to be given six? :D That's a good Irish measure, I agree, bailees7irish. :D

Oh, Omnisphere is the best VSTi out there fullstop. I think all the other developers are just trying to achieve what Omnisphere achieved already. Best VSTi, ever. I've heard you can make your wife have an orgasm [depending on the speakers, of course, having a sub is preferable] just by listening to some Omnisphere sounds. No joke. :-o They're so deep they can vibrate your body parts in a really pleasing way. :shock:
Last edited by DuX on Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
User avatar
bailees7irish
KVRAF
 
2529 posts since 30 Mar, 2007, from virginia, US

Postby bailees7irish; Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:26 pm

DuX wrote:I suppose when you hear one, you actually hear six? So when you order one beer, you expect to be given six? :D That's a good Irish measure, I agree, bailees7irish. :D



:hihi:
FL Studio 11 / Music Creator 6 Touch / Fabfilter One / Aalto / Alchemy / Cumulus / Scanned Synth Pro / Consequence / EVE / Harmless / Ohmboyz / Mobilohm / Hematohm / Predatohm / Eos
OzWozEre
KVRist
 
353 posts since 5 Nov, 2012

Postby OzWozEre; Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:44 pm

DuX wrote:
OzWozEre wrote:
DuX wrote:No, you don't have to. NyquistEQ is free to use. :)


Mac OS X PowerPC VST ??? :shock:

That's a shame, thanks for helping, I hate it when that happens :cry:


Never mind. It's not your fault you've chosen a platform that is not supported with plugins as much as PC one. And it's not your fault that about 147.765 VST plugins exist for PC, when there's only 1563 for OS-X. Shame, really. It's probably because 95% of the people choose to buy a PC, developers amongst others. So if you wnat to be "exclusive", you can easily be "exclusive" by buying a Mac. So exclusive actually that nobody wants to make programs for it. It's what you opted for by going "Mac" - exclusiveness, literally. :) :tu:

But PCs are so terribly unstable, prone to viruses, and in general unreliable. I'm having a blue screen every hour, and it just doesn't let me work. It's so unstable and I've got 33.5 viruses on it + two antivirus software and they still can't keep it clean! PCs are so hard and in general terrible to work with. It's so hard to find pictures of my sexy cousin on it every time. Gosh I wish I had a Mac and the great "Finder" app. I've heard stories it can even find the keys to your house for you! Not to mention your TV remote control! It just works! ;) They're so reliable and so easy to work with. :cry: You can literally get rid of your brain and let your Mac work everything out for you, or so I've heard. Gosh, I wish I had money for Mac. :)

not really. /*sarcasm*


Yep, that's about the size of it.

Don't these ding-dong-dime-a-dozen PC only VST plugin developers know that we snob Mac users actually *buy* our software?

Hell, we're so used to paying through the nose for our Mac gear that dropping extra cash on software is seen as an honourable duty!

Hell! If they started making Mac versions, not only could they sell a few to righteous Mac users -- if they made their plugs Mac ONLY -- they could charge double price!!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go open my wallet again!

:)

P.S. As soon as folks start realising that there is a *direct correlation* between blue-screens-of-death and warezzz-cracks, the better off they will be, regardless of what OS they're using! :shock: :love:
User avatar
DuX
KVRAF
 
3214 posts since 14 Mar, 2002, from Underworld

Postby DuX; Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:53 pm

Aren't people that have no money for plugins and software *so* repulsive, OzWozEre? People say they haven't got enough money for food, but they would like to make music, so they are forced to use the disgusting and low quality freeware plugins, or [god forbid] use pirated software. Yuck! Find a job!! Yeah! And it's so weird there are so many freeware plugins for PC, but not Mac. Aren't developers aware that Mac users are so righteous, and like to pay for their software, and also use some freeware software at times? It's weird, really. It's like a conspiracy against Mac users, I tell you. :-o

Righteous users like we are should let our voices to be heard! :o I say we have a protest! :shock:
Last edited by DuX on Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
srv-musikmaker
KVRist
 
493 posts since 22 Dec, 2012

Postby srv-musikmaker; Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:57 pm

TAL Reverb,CamelCrusher,BootEQ MK II,Leftover Lasagne's Pushtec !
Last edited by srv-musikmaker on Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trance make me go woaaaaaaahh !!

https://soundcloud.com/srv-musicmaker
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects