What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

What is one VST effects plugin you can't live without?

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

User avatar
Burillo
KVRAF
 
1707 posts since 15 Nov, 2006, from Hell

Postby Burillo; Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:15 am

if i'd pick one i'd buy over and over, it'd be REAPER. it's not a plugin, but my God it's powerful.
From Russia with love
Brian @ IK Multimedia
KVRian
 
1041 posts since 6 Feb, 2011

Postby Brian @ IK Multimedia; Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:10 am

firepile wrote:Amplitube.

Same here. Has been for years (long before I was with IK.)
I have a few plugins I use on every song, but AmpliTube takes top spot because it's the first thing on as soon as I open a new project, and I always have at least 3 instances of it. And unlike my other plugins, it wouldn't be a song without it (at least not a rock song!)
User avatar
cyphersuit
KVRAF
 
2157 posts since 12 Nov, 2009

Postby cyphersuit; Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:18 am

There is only one plugin i use on every track and that is pro q.
Finally!
Daan22
KVRist
 
58 posts since 4 Feb, 2011

Postby Daan22; Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:23 am

Pro C
User avatar
gamecat666
KVRian
 
943 posts since 16 Feb, 2010

Postby gamecat666; Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:39 am

Burillo wrote:if i'd pick one i'd buy over and over, it'd be REAPER. it's not a plugin, but my God it's powerful.


i'd say you missed the entire point of the topic, but you already seem to be aware of that.


Fruity PEQ2 + camelspace here.
User avatar
nilhartman
KVRist
 
238 posts since 15 Feb, 2012, from France

Postby nilhartman; Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:47 am

UBK-1.
Mushy Mushy
KVRAF
 
6663 posts since 6 Sep, 2008

Postby Mushy Mushy; Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:09 am

gamecat666 wrote:
Burillo wrote:if i'd pick one i'd buy over and over, it'd be REAPER. it's not a plugin, but my God it's powerful.


i'd say you missed the entire point of the topic, but you already seem to be aware of that.


Fruity PEQ2 + camelspace here.
Well to be fair, so have you ;)
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"
User avatar
bluedad
something special
 
8076 posts since 15 Mar, 2002, from Birmingham, Alabama

Postby bluedad; Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:42 am

Mushy Mushy wrote:
gamecat666 wrote:
Burillo wrote:if i'd pick one i'd buy over and over, it'd be REAPER. it's not a plugin, but my God it's powerful.


i'd say you missed the entire point of the topic, but you already seem to be aware of that.


Fruity PEQ2 + camelspace here.
Well to be fair, so have you ;)

to be fair, didn't the OP actually list three?

NI's spektral delay
I want to thank IK for the trip to Hawaii and for letting me play with ST3 since January.
Mushy Mushy
KVRAF
 
6663 posts since 6 Sep, 2008

Postby Mushy Mushy; Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:55 am

bluedad wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:
gamecat666 wrote:
Burillo wrote:if i'd pick one i'd buy over and over, it'd be REAPER. it's not a plugin, but my God it's powerful.


i'd say you missed the entire point of the topic, but you already seem to be aware of that.


Fruity PEQ2 + camelspace here.
Well to be fair, so have you ;)

to be fair, didn't the OP actually list three?

NI's spektral delay
Yes, but:
a) it's clear the OP doesn't know what he wants; and
b) as the OP he has the right to list more than he requests :D
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"
dark_virus
KVRAF
 
1555 posts since 28 Jun, 2007, from Amazon rain forest

Postby dark_virus; Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:02 am

Mverb. Best free reverb out there.

It changed my life.
User avatar
filter303
KVRian
 
526 posts since 14 Jun, 2006, from Espoo / Finland

Postby filter303; Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:20 am

DSM v2 - There is nothing else like it, and I happen to need it often. Unfortunately I am forced to live without it because it has too many bugs. Plugin Alliance, please do something about it! This plugin cost me a lot of money but it's useless right now :cry:
User avatar
solidtrax
KVRist
 
490 posts since 6 Nov, 2011, from The Netherlands

Postby solidtrax; Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:20 am

dark_virus wrote:Mverb. Best free reverb out there.

It changed my life.


And for only $50 more you get something like ValhallaRoom or ValhallaVintageVerb, two reverbs that are extremely good sounding. If Mverb changed your life... wow, be prepared for Valhalla! :)
Energetic & Evolving for discoDSP Corona! 128 fresh presets for EDM and more!
Patches for synths | Website | Soundcloud | Twitter
User avatar
Burillo
KVRAF
 
1707 posts since 15 Nov, 2006, from Hell

Postby Burillo; Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:24 am

as for plugin, i'd probably go for ReaEQ. statistically speaking, it's almost on my every track. but it could be any decent EQ, it just so happens that having ReaEQ frees me of sifting through thousands of VST EQ's as ReaEQ is good enough to cover 99.9% of my needs.
From Russia with love
dark_virus
KVRAF
 
1555 posts since 28 Jun, 2007, from Amazon rain forest

Postby dark_virus; Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:28 am

solidtrax wrote:
dark_virus wrote:Mverb. Best free reverb out there.

It changed my life.


And for only $50 more you get something like ValhallaRoom or ValhallaVintageVerb, two reverbs that are extremely good sounding. If Mverb changed your life... wow, be prepared for Valhalla! :)


I'm sure there's better comercial options, but I only use freeware. :)

I've tried every single free reverb plugin, and nothing can compare to Mverb.
Giusmex
KVRian
 
785 posts since 20 Mar, 2010

Postby Giusmex; Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:10 am

i cannot live withour Izotope Alloy 2 and Camelspace
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects