Ratings

Official support for: camelaudio.com

Moderator: Camel Audio Mods

maceasy
KVRer

21 posts since 8 Oct, 2005

Postby maceasy; Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:36 pm Ratings

Hi guys,

Please can you fix the rating stars. As it is, they all default to 3 stars. So that means to highlight any sounds you can only give them 4 or 5 stars. Which is kind of silly, and leaves no room for other gradations, short of selecting every single sound and making them zero.
It makes no sense to me. I would expect that the default behaviour is no stars for any sound, which will then let the user use the full 5 stars to their satisfaction.

Thanks
biomechanoid
KVRian

1119 posts since 29 May, 2002, from Scotland

Postby biomechanoid; Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:48 pm

default settings at 3 stars are a different colour to a rating you've deliberately set to 3 stars, and presets you've rated appear above those you haven't.
[ Camel Audio Alchemy ] [ ucn netlabel ]
"Its my firm belief that its a mistake to hold firm beliefs"
maceasy
KVRer

Postby maceasy; Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:01 pm

Ok, but why bother making them all 3 stars yellow? It still doesn't make sense to me why you would want that. I would prefer no stars for ones I haven't rated, so I can clearly see they await ratings/checking out.
ZenPunkHippy
KVRAF

10143 posts since 18 Jun, 2008, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:33 pm

Put this file in the Alchemy/Skins/Factory folder to display "no stars" for unrated presets:

http://www.camelaudio.com/betatesting/a ... signed.png

Rename the exiting file first so that you can revert if you don't like the change.

Peace,
Andy.
... space is the place ...
maceasy
KVRer

Postby maceasy; Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:00 pm

Thanks, Andy, that would be terrific. However the link doesn't seem to work, just comes up with a blank page.
ZenPunkHippy
KVRAF

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:10 pm

You'll need to right-click + 'Save As' the file, then copy it to the Skins folder. It displays a blank page because the image is blank.

Peace,
Andy.
maceasy
KVRer

Postby maceasy; Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:34 am

Got it! Thanks so much, that looks much better to me, more logical and uncluttered, and I can clearly see what sounds I have rated. Great.
ZenPunkHippy
KVRAF

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:43 am

Cool. The file will be overwritten any time Alchemy is updated, so it might be a good idea to keep a safe copy somewhere or bookmark it in your browser.

Peace,
Andy.
wald
KVRist

65 posts since 28 Dec, 2012

Postby wald; Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:40 pm

Andy,

while we're at it: is there a way to not display low rated presets, say, with 1 star?

Cheers,
Daniel
ZenPunkHippy
KVRAF

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:02 pm

wald wrote:while we're at it: is there a way to not display low rated presets, say, with 1 star?

Not directly on the GUI but you can using the search box. Typing:
Code: Select all

will hide all presets with a 1 star rating. To hide presets with a 3 star rating type:
Code: Select all

This can also be used to hide all presets with a certain word in the name or specific attributes e.g. '-bass' will hide all bass presets.

Peace,
Andy.

Moderator: Camel Audio Mods

Return to Camel Audio