What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Ratings

Official support for: camelaudio.com

Moderators: ZenPunkHippy, ugo, biomechanoid, Ben [Camel Audio]

KVRer

22 posts since 8 Oct, 2005

Postby maceasy; Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:36 pm Ratings

Hi guys,

Please can you fix the rating stars. As it is, they all default to 3 stars. So that means to highlight any sounds you can only give them 4 or 5 stars. Which is kind of silly, and leaves no room for other gradations, short of selecting every single sound and making them zero.
It makes no sense to me. I would expect that the default behaviour is no stars for any sound, which will then let the user use the full 5 stars to their satisfaction.

Thanks
KVRian

1162 posts since 29 May, 2002, from Scotland

Postby biomechanoid; Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:48 pm

default settings at 3 stars are a different colour to a rating you've deliberately set to 3 stars, and presets you've rated appear above those you haven't.
[ Camel Audio Alchemy ] [ ucn netlabel ]
"Its my firm belief that its a mistake to hold firm beliefs"
KVRer

Postby maceasy; Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:01 pm

Ok, but why bother making them all 3 stars yellow? It still doesn't make sense to me why you would want that. I would prefer no stars for ones I haven't rated, so I can clearly see they await ratings/checking out.
KVRAF

10201 posts since 18 Jun, 2008, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:33 pm

Put this file in the Alchemy/Skins/Factory folder to display "no stars" for unrated presets:

http://www.camelaudio.com/betatesting/a ... signed.png

Rename the exiting file first so that you can revert if you don't like the change.

Peace,
Andy.
KVRer

Postby maceasy; Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:00 pm

Thanks, Andy, that would be terrific. However the link doesn't seem to work, just comes up with a blank page.
KVRAF

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:10 pm

You'll need to right-click + 'Save As' the file, then copy it to the Skins folder. It displays a blank page because the image is blank.

Peace,
Andy.
KVRer

Postby maceasy; Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:34 am

Got it! Thanks so much, that looks much better to me, more logical and uncluttered, and I can clearly see what sounds I have rated. Great.
KVRAF

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:43 am

Cool. The file will be overwritten any time Alchemy is updated, so it might be a good idea to keep a safe copy somewhere or bookmark it in your browser.

Peace,
Andy.
KVRist

65 posts since 28 Dec, 2012

Postby wald; Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:40 pm

Andy,

while we're at it: is there a way to not display low rated presets, say, with 1 star?

Cheers,
Daniel
KVRAF

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:02 pm

wald wrote:while we're at it: is there a way to not display low rated presets, say, with 1 star?

Not directly on the GUI but you can using the search box. Typing:
Code: Select all

will hide all presets with a 1 star rating. To hide presets with a 3 star rating type:
Code: Select all

This can also be used to hide all presets with a certain word in the name or specific attributes e.g. '-bass' will hide all bass presets.

Peace,
Andy.

Moderators: ZenPunkHippy, ugo, biomechanoid, Ben [Camel Audio]

Return to Camel Audio