What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Stereo analog filter advice

Anything about hardware musical instruments.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Ustun
KVRer

28 posts since 7 Jul, 2008

Postby Ustun; Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:21 am Stereo analog filter advice

Hello,

I perform minimal electronica and filters are very essential for my live setup and I want to add an analog filter to it. Most of the analog filters are mono and I don't know the hardware filters very well so I wanted to ask about it here on the forum. Until now I was using MS-20 FX plugin for filtering which filters stereo input.

Any opinions?

Thanks!
whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth

21206 posts since 3 Sep, 2001, from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Postby whyterabbyt; Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:29 am

Ustun wrote:Hello,

I perform minimal electronica and filters are very essential for my live setup and I want to add an analog filter to it. Most of the analog filters are mono and I don't know the hardware filters very well so I wanted to ask about it here on the forum. Until now I was using MS-20 FX plugin for filtering which filters stereo input.

Any opinions?

Thanks!

http://jomox.com/product_details.php?la ... oduct_id=3
To laymen, software development is something akin to wizardry. Neither time, nor effort are involved. If software is missing features they want, or has bugs, it is solely because someone has been too lazy to wave their magic wand.
sinkmusic
KVRAF

5493 posts since 28 Apr, 2004, from france

Postby sinkmusic; Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:35 am

Akai MFC42, ELectrix filter.
The EHX BiFIlter is also an awesome tool (mono in, stereo out, but with so many conections and routing that mono ends up not being a problem).
Ustun
KVRer

Postby Ustun; Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:37 am

I know about the T-Resonator actually but it's a bit overkill for me. I need simple filtering without any delay or complex LFOs.

I'm reading a lot about Electrix Pro Filter Factory nowadays. Never heard about the MFC42. I'll chech that either.

Thanks for your replies.

Any other suggestions? I'd like to hear if there are any other ideas.

Thanks!
BertKoor
KVRAF

8285 posts since 8 Mar, 2005, from Utrecht, Holland

Postby BertKoor; Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:50 am

If by "analog" you mean a hardware box, and you don't mind the actual implementation being digital, then maybe the Korg Kaoss Pad is something to look into. For performing, using a touch pad instead of knobs can be interesting. One of it's main features is an "analog style filter with a tone-bending drive circuit and EQs controllable directly from the pad."
http://www.korg.com/kp3
http://www.korg.com/minikaosspad2
http://www.korg.com/kaosspadquad
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is back online!!
Ustun
KVRer

Postby Ustun; Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:57 am

By analog I mean the circuitry actually. My performances have an electro-acoustic aspect and digital filters feel a bit shallow for them. That's why I want to stop using VST filters.

I tried the Kaoss Pad filters for my performance before and it sounds very digital for me and I need more precise control over the cutoff.

Thanks for your reply.
T-CM11
KVRian

1175 posts since 31 Jan, 2003, from Ghent, Belgium

Postby T-CM11; Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:12 pm

The desktop evolver has a stereo input for filtering, and some delay and distortion effects.

I bought mine for 325 euro, and you get an awesome synth with it :wink:

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Hardware (Instruments and Effects)