What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Native Instruments Reverb Classics (RC24 & RC48)

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Sampleconstruct
KVRAF

6594 posts since 12 Oct, 2008, from Here and there

Postby Sampleconstruct; Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:39 am

RC 48 is fantastic, it reminds me so much of the good old days in the ECM studio...

Here is a little Impro with Lounge Lizard 4 processed by RC 48:
http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/l ... eets-rc-48
audiosabre
KVRian

822 posts since 24 Jul, 2008, from North-West England

Postby audiosabre; Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:40 am

Yeah another reverb! Hang on whilst I try and sound enthusiastic...

@ this price I'd rather get the Exponential PhoenixVerb. Not really comparable, but I honestly prefer the sound to that Lex sound. I AM A HERETIC! :ud:

I'll try the demo though, could totally blow my mind...
Pretty Boy Johnny
Image Image
electro
KVRAF

3297 posts since 5 May, 2002

Postby electro; Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:48 am

TheoM wrote:Oh just saw you get the 224 also.. this will be exciting to compare it to the UAD.

Now all we need is a stable reasonable priced emt 250 and emt 140 plate emu , and with slate VTM< basically the UAD no longer would have anything up it's sleeve we can't get in native :)

Empty Room System has had a native EMT 250 for over 2 years now.

The UAD has compressors and delays that native can't beat. Try the Neve 33609 bus compressor and the mkII 1176 collection.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM
Echoes in the Attic
KVRAF

3840 posts since 12 May, 2008

Postby Echoes in the Attic; Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:50 am

How's the cpu usage? Will be tough to beat ValhallaVintageVerb on that front.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit. Once I have something clever, I will certainly fill it in.
djanthonyw
KVRAF

6705 posts since 20 Jul, 2004, from Boston

Postby djanthonyw; Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:59 am

electro wrote:
TheoM wrote:Oh just saw you get the 224 also.. this will be exciting to compare it to the UAD.

Now all we need is a stable reasonable priced emt 250 and emt 140 plate emu , and with slate VTM< basically the UAD no longer would have anything up it's sleeve we can't get in native :)

The UAD has compressors and delays that native can't beat. Try the Neve 33609 bus compressor and the mkII 1176 collection.

Native can't beat? It's all code. All of the UAD stuff could be ported to run on native processors and they would sound exactly the same. The processor used has nothing to do with the sound.
You are currently reading my signature.
VitaminD
Pick Me Pick me!

7708 posts since 11 Mar, 2002, from a state of confusion

Postby VitaminD; Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:03 am

There seems to be a lot of outside help for NI making effects plugins...

In any case.. Not sure what the Lexicon's sound like, but as a reverb, these new NI reverbs sound good to me (esp RC48). Wonder if this is more of what we'll see in Komplete 9 - more effects plugins than sound generators.
"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best." - Henry Van Dyke
Cimbasso
KVRist

190 posts since 22 May, 2012

Postby Cimbasso; Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:46 am

Echoes in the Attic wrote:How's the cpu usage? Will be tough to beat ValhallaVintageVerb on that front.

Judging from the demos, they won't beat VeeThree on any front..orchestral and piano demos sound awful.

$100 VeeThree & Room bundle is more versatile, less costly and far more musical imo (after listening to the demos on NI site).
Caine123
KVRAF

2679 posts since 5 Aug, 2009

Postby Caine123; Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:54 am

anything what those plugins can do what valhalla plugins cant?
Elffin
KVRist

73 posts since 15 Oct, 2007

Postby Elffin; Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:57 am

so whats free about the demo?
Sampleconstruct
KVRAF

Postby Sampleconstruct; Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:57 am

Caine123 wrote:anything what those plugins can do what valhalla plugins cant?

In RC 48 you can spread out the early reflections graphically by dragging (4 of) them with the mouse, that also makes for some interesting FX patches and strange slapbacks.
Sampleconstruct
KVRAF

Postby Sampleconstruct; Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:01 am

Sampleconstruct wrote:

In RC 48 you can spread out the early reflections graphically by dragging (4 of) them with the mouse, that also makes for some interesting FX patches and strange slapbacks.

Like this:

TheoM
KVRAF

19204 posts since 4 Sep, 2001, from Melbourne Australia

Postby TheoM; Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:06 am

electro wrote:

ERS version is buggy on logic and the demo is giving me issues and the dev is hard to converse with.

yet i do love his chorus, it's my favourite chorus plugin of all time. (yes, MUCH better than the UAD dimension)

as far as "The UAD has compressors and delays that native can't beat. Try the Neve 33609 bus compressor and the mkII 1176 collection."

UM.. no. Bzzzz. Wrong answer.
"Just call me shitload, cause I own a shitload of plugins!"
Caine123
KVRAF

2679 posts since 5 Aug, 2009

Postby Caine123; Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:18 pm

Sampleconstruct wrote:

Sampleconstruct wrote:

Aiynzahev
KVRAF

2923 posts since 29 Jun, 2011, from USA

Postby Aiynzahev; Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:46 pm

Sampleconstruct wrote:RC 48 is fantastic, it reminds me so much of the good old days in the ECM studio...

Here is a little Impro with Lounge Lizard 4 processed by RC 48:
http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/l ... eets-rc-48

sounds SOOO good! :D
Aiynzahev-sounds
Resonance Sound
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Spire, Zebra2, Massive, DIVA, Sylenth and others
pinki
KVRist

418 posts since 2 Nov, 2006

Postby pinki; Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:03 pm

Dont want to be a heretic but I always thought the Lexicon 480 was the most over-rated, over-priced and badly designed reverb ever. Oh boy that LARC controller was so obnoxious.

For me the Lexicon 300 was way better.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects