What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

[SOLVED]Reaper + Alchemy Player = Quite confused - cross-folders abduction of presets?

Official support for: camelaudio.com

Moderator: Camel Audio Mods

creativeforge
KVRist

43 posts since 24 Jan, 2013, from Alberta, Canada

Postby creativeforge; Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:51 pm [SOLVED]Reaper + Alchemy Player = Quite confused - cross-folders abduction of presets?

Hi all,

I have spent the last 2 days trying to make Reaper and the Alchemy Player play nice. It used to work, until I wanted to clean-up my jungle of VSTs and cleared the VST plugins path in the Reaper Options. Entering new values doesn't work.

I have updated, uninstalled and re-installed the Alchemy Player 1.25, tried the 1.5 version, went back to the 1.25 version. I can see the Alchemy player now in Reaper, but no presets work. I keep being told there is no keyfile, but have no indication where to put that file. I have one on the desktop (Luftrum), but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Windows 7 64 bits, 8GB RAM, Reaper 4.32 (64bits)

I downloaded the manual as well, and watched any video I could find, and browsed Reaper and Gearslutz forums. I wrote CamelAudio support, but although they are very nice, I haven't yet been able to figure it out. CamelAudio "forum" link lead me here.

Can anyone help? Do you see anything I don't get? It gets exhausting and disheartening to bang your head on the same wall for 2 days. Is there anything I should know about installations and folders?

HELP!

Thank you in advance,

Andre
Len911
KVRer

4 posts since 7 Dec, 2012, from United States

Postby Len911; Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:42 am

In your Alchemy folder, there is a sample folder. Make sure the downloaded samples are there (red and white), and also the sound bank installer (black and white). Double click the sound bank installer, and it will decompress the samples
into folders that contain wav files(within the sample folder), you will see the folders pop up as you are decompressing.

I had to move things around manually because I didn't have enough room on the drive it wanted to default to. I think I probably had a similar problem as you are having.

If you go to the Alchemy sample file and don't see any wav files, that means that they weren't decompressed or aren't where they should be. I had to move the sound bank installer (black and white) into the sample folder because it wasn't there when I originally clicked on it to install the sound banks.
ugo
KVRAF

5460 posts since 6 Jan, 2003, from Leesburg VA, USA

Postby ugo; Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:08 am

Hi,

Since I am not sure of your email address, I don't know what information you already received from us via email. So I apologize if you've already heard some of what I am about to write.

For Alchemy Player 1.25:
After having updated to 1.5, you would likely have also updated the presets...making them incompatible with 1.25. To resolve this, you'll need to reinstall your libraries to get the older versions of the presets back. You will also need the keyfiles. To install all the files, just place them on your desktop, then double click one of the library files to launch the installer.

For Alchemy Player 1.5:
Updating to 1.5 should actually require less work than reverting to 1.25, since you don't have to download large files again. (Just a few relatively small ones.)

1) Go to your product downloads page, then click the link at the top of the page to go to the 1.5 beta files.

2) Download the Alchemy Player 1.5 beta installer for your OS and place it on your desktop.

3) Click the "Download Latest Presets" button at the top of the 1.5 page and place that on your desktop as well.

4) Double click the plugin installer and proceed with installation. When asked where to install your plugin and data files, be sure to select the exact same locations as your previous installation. This will avoid duplicate installs that would lead to configuration conflicts.

If problems persist, please do let us know - either here or via email. (Email actually can be a little easier for resolving support requests of this nature.)
creativeforge
KVRist

Postby creativeforge; Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:54 am

@Len911:

Many thanks for the reply and instructions. I will take a stab at this as soon as I get to the music computer. I never heard the "color-coded" comment before... :) So in your opinion, should I simply uninstall everything and start from scratch? And is the order of install important?

You noticed it's not the full version of Alchemy I am wrestling with, but only the Alchemy Player? Dos that change your reply? Thanks!

@ugo:

Thank you! My email address is creativeforge @ gmail.com and I have heard from your support yesterday. However I finally concluded that, short of being able to Skype and share screens for a "step-by-step" process, I could not go any further. Do you think that would be possible?

Regards,

Andre
ugo
KVRAF

Postby ugo; Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:23 am

Andre, yes - certainly I can Skype with you, and a remote desktop session is also an option. I'll send you an email. :)
creativeforge
KVRist

Postby creativeforge; Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:29 am

Thanks ugo!

I thought I had resolved the issues, but it doesn't appear to be working.

Awaiting your email!

Regards,

Andre
creativeforge
KVRist

Postby creativeforge; Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:58 am

OK, It's "kinda" working now, but still asking for keyfiles for the soundbank I purchased. Any ideas?

Regards,

Andre
ugo
KVRAF

Postby ugo; Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:49 pm

Email sent to schedule a Skype/remote session.
creativeforge
KVRist

Postby creativeforge; Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:59 pm

Thank you, Chris... got it!
creativeforge
KVRist

Postby creativeforge; Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:27 pm

Thank you so much Chris, thanks to you I was able to finally resolve my issue.

Great support! Now to spend my CamelAudio credits for some more sounds... :)

Regards,

Andre
Last edited by creativeforge on Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ugo
KVRAF

Postby ugo; Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:26 am

Glad to help! Happy synthesizing. :)

Moderator: Camel Audio Mods

Return to Camel Audio