What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Fade In/Out multiple clips simultaneously

Discussion about: tracktion.com

Moderators: jules, TSC, ModuLR, valley

KVRer
 
3 posts since 2 Jan, 2013

Postby kurtster; Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:02 pm

I cannot figure out how to create a fade in on all tracks at the same time. It seems to me you would be able to hold down the cntrol button while dragging one Fade in diagonal line so you could do the exact same thing on all tracks at one time. Am I missing something obvious somewhere? i am new to Tracktion, just got a new Mackie FX22 board w/ Tracktion 3 bundled with it. :?
Signature blocked until 5 posts made
KVRAF
 
4636 posts since 28 Nov, 2002, from Chicago
 

Postby valley; Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:11 pm

Slingshotwarrior wrote:I cannot figure out how to create a fade in on all tracks at the same time. It seems to me you would be able to hold down the cntrol button while dragging one Fade in diagonal line so you could do the exact same thing on all tracks at one time. Am I missing something obvious somewhere? i am new to Tracktion, just got a new Mackie FX22 board w/ Tracktion 3 bundled with it. :?


I don't think you can. but you probably don't need to either.

Are you aware of:

a) the master fades? You can set a fade in/out for you entire edit - click the master level and look at the properties panel.

b) if you need to fade a bunch of tracks at a specific point in the song, automation.

c) sub-busses. Route tracks to another track then you can apply a master level control to them again using automation curves.
Someone shot the food. Remember: don't shoot food!
KVRer
 
3 posts since 2 Jan, 2013

Postby kurtster; Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:15 pm

valley wrote:
Slingshotwarrior wrote:I cannot figure out how to create a fade in on all tracks at the same time. It seems to me you would be able to hold down the cntrol button while dragging one Fade in diagonal line so you could do the exact same thing on all tracks at one time. Am I missing something obvious somewhere? i am new to Tracktion, just got a new Mackie FX22 board w/ Tracktion 3 bundled with it. :?


I don't think you can. but you probably don't need to either.

Are you aware of:

a) the master fades? You can set a fade in/out for you entire edit - click the master level and look at the properties panel.

b) if you need to fade a bunch of tracks at a specific point in the song, automation.

c) sub-busses. Route tracks to another track then you can apply a master level control to them again using automation curves.


Okay, awesome--i will check all that out. I appreciate it greatly! 8)
Signature blocked until 5 posts made
KVRist
 
439 posts since 4 Jun, 2004
 

Postby frankvg; Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:41 am

Very good alternatives but improved audio editing should nonetheless go on the FR list.
KVRer
 
27 posts since 6 Mar, 2008

Postby lou zer; Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:38 am

Are you aware of:

a) the master fades? You can set a fade in/out for you entire edit - click the master level and look at the properties panel.

I have been using Tracktion for around 6 years and never noticed that. I just did my fades on the record automation feature.
I tried the master fades and they dont seem to work. Am I missing something silly here?
Playback's a bitch!
User avatar
KVRist
 
226 posts since 30 Apr, 2003, from West Dorset, UK

Postby operandx; Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:40 am

Did you set the fade in/out ranges?
'He craved immortality so much, he was prepared to die for it.'
KVRer
 
27 posts since 6 Mar, 2008

Postby lou zer; Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:08 am

0 on the fade in
2:27 on the fade out and nothin happening
Playback's a bitch!
User avatar
KVRist
 
226 posts since 30 Apr, 2003, from West Dorset, UK

Postby operandx; Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:12 am

No no no ...

You have to set the fade in value to the number of bars to fade in and the fade out value to the number of bars to fade out. The fade out will end where your last clip ends, if that makes any sense. Try it ;)
'He craved immortality so much, he was prepared to die for it.'
KVRAF
 
3350 posts since 7 Jan, 2005, from Hamilton, New Zealand
 

Postby metamorphosis; Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:22 pm

I think it's in fitting with Tracktion's overall dynamic that if you adjust the fadein/out on one clip while having multiple clips highlighted it should adjust the fadein/out length for those other clips as well- just as it does with in/out points, volume, etc. Makes logical and intuitive sense.
XP/Vista/Win7/Win8 Optimisation, DAW Tips, AudioXP - XPFree
I made an oddly-acoustic album and an electronica thing and an alt-metal doohicky...
KVRAF
 
4636 posts since 28 Nov, 2002, from Chicago
 

Postby valley; Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:49 pm

metamorphosis wrote:I think it's in fitting with Tracktion's overall dynamic that if you adjust the fadein/out on one clip while having multiple clips highlighted it should adjust the fadein/out length for those other clips as well- just as it does with in/out points, volume, etc. Makes logical and intuitive sense.


agreed.
Someone shot the food. Remember: don't shoot food!
User avatar
KVRAF
 
3202 posts since 17 Sep, 2006, from Fredericksburg, VA USA
 

Postby Integratron; Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:59 pm

valley wrote:
Slingshotwarrior wrote:I cannot figure out how to create a fade in on all tracks at the same time. It seems to me you would be able to hold down the cntrol button while dragging one Fade in diagonal line so you could do the exact same thing on all tracks at one time. Am I missing something obvious somewhere? i am new to Tracktion, just got a new Mackie FX22 board w/ Tracktion 3 bundled with it. :?


I don't think you can. but you probably don't need to either.

Are you aware of:

a) the master fades? You can set a fade in/out for you entire edit - click the master level and look at the properties panel.

b) if you need to fade a bunch of tracks at a specific point in the song, automation.

c) sub-busses. Route tracks to another track then you can apply a master level control to them again using automation curves.


Reaper can fade multiple clips... just saying.
J.S. Bach... the Einstein of music.

Listen to my music... http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?AID=439965&T=7205

Moderators: jules, TSC, ModuLR, valley

Return to Tracktion