What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Accessing CRX3 sounds from CRX4 ?

Official support for: linplug.com

Moderator: Peter from LinPlug

KVRian

1017 posts since 28 Sep, 2002, from UK

Postby basic channel; Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:24 am

Hi

I have around 1.5GB of factory sounds for CRX3.

Are these replicated on the full version of CRX4 or do I need to do something extra to play them in v4 ?

thanks
If God did exist (and he doesn't) he would answer to the name of Maurizio
KVRAF

2473 posts since 13 Feb, 2001, from What do you care? :)

Postby Sequent; Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:27 am

I think this has been talked about before. I was watching it very carefully as I also have a lot of things for x3. I believe ultimately the outcome was: keep your x3 installed and run it alongside x4 if you need your older sounds to be exact, otherwise you would need to convert. This last part I'm not 100% sure about as I didn't want to have to play around with things so I just kept the older version installed.
Spacey stuff: www.myspace.com/sequent7
Cloudy stuff: www.soundcloud.com/sequent7

Available on iTunes and at Amazon.
KVRian

1154 posts since 24 Oct, 2000

Postby Peter from LinPlug; Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:13 am

CrX 4 has a reworked factory library, this means it contains some of the CronoX 3 sounds as they were in that version, some have been reworked and some have been kicked out (and many new have been added). There is no way (and no need) to convert CronoX 3 sounds, you can load them into CrX4, just the sound is not always exactly the same (see here for more on that: http://tinyurl.com/ayqq38y).
Last edited by Peter from LinPlug on Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
KVRAF

Postby Sequent; Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:11 am

Thanks, Peter. That was actually very helpful and it seems like it couldn't be easier! Does this also apply to Sophistry sounds?

I had kept both versions installed based on the discussion in one of the threads where Theo was specifically asking about Sophistry, etc.
KVRian

Postby Peter from LinPlug; Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:48 am

Sophistry does not appear in the CrX4 library at all.
KVRAF

Postby Sequent; Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:49 am

Oh, okay. So it sounds like I did the correct thing on my end, after all... which is keeping CRX3 for the Sophistry sounds and CRX4 for everything else. I'm glad this topic came up. THANK YOU! :)
KVRian

1017 posts since 28 Sep, 2002, from UK

Postby basic channel; Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:11 am

Peter from LinPlug wrote:CrX 4 has a reworked factory library, this means it contains some of the CronoX 3 sounds as they were in that version, some have been reworked and some have been kicked out (and many new have been added). There is no way (and no need) to concert CronoX 3 sounds, you can load them into CrX4, just the sound is not always exactly the same (see here for more on that: http://tinyurl.com/ayqq38y).

Thanks

So should I keep the libraries separate, and just navigate to CXR3 presets in CRX4 when required ?
If God did exist (and he doesn't) he would answer to the name of Maurizio
KVRian

Postby Peter from LinPlug; Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:31 am

Thats the safe way, yes. If you were like me, I have a bank (a folder) with favorite sounds, I just copied those into the CrX4 banks folder and now have them in CrX4, however, this might not be a good idea with a whole large library (at least you would have to make sure you not overwrite CrX4 sounds with CronoX sounds with the same name).
Hope this helps

Moderator: Peter from LinPlug

Return to LinPlug