What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

T4 beta testers....

Discussion about: tracktion.com

Moderators: valley, jules, TSC, ModuLR

pc2000
KVRist

78 posts since 4 Apr, 2006

Postby pc2000; Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:52 am T4 beta testers....

After trying the new version, It's apparent that's it's not ready for prime-time at this point. I have issues right out the box. I tried recording a simple 2 bar drum loop using the built-in sampler and the timing of the recorded notes play back- way off time. I tried quantization as well as no Q.

When I tried reading the entire Eula (during installation) by scrolling down... it got stuck. when I tried closing it, I got the windows error beep constantly & had to use task manager to close it. Another issue is that T4 crashes when scanning plugins. I scanned the MDA plugs located in T2 and can't understand why it's crashing. I read at the Tracktion forum about major activation issues. I'm already losing interest.

I was hoping they updated some basic functions starting with the record behavior. I always found it irritating when you hit record after already recording some notes, that the sequence always restarts back to the beginning when loop recording. If you want to do manual punch recording... say in the middle of a sequence, it will go to the very beginning of the sequence the minute you hit record.

Right now, anyone using T4 is beta testing as far as I can see. Much more needs to be done before offering T4 to the masses!
frankvg
KVRian

574 posts since 4 Jun, 2004

Postby frankvg; Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:12 am

We wouldn't have it any other way. Tracktioneers love building together and helping Jules!
Spitfire31
KVRAF

1923 posts since 18 May, 2003, from Sweden

Postby Spitfire31; Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:20 am

pc2000 wrote:After trying the new version,…

It would be helpful if you revealed your system specs…

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!
mfkne
KVRist

186 posts since 17 Sep, 2004, from Good Old Germany

Postby mfkne; Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:20 am

frankvg wrote:We wouldn't have it any other way. Tracktioneers love building together and helping Jules!

I agree. But on the other Hand Jules now needs to hurry to fix the most important bugs.
Lost in Music...
frankvg
KVRian

574 posts since 4 Jun, 2004

Postby frankvg; Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:23 am

Trust the Chief
deleted

Postby deleted; Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:42 am

DELETED
miquelmatas
KVRist

123 posts since 25 Feb, 2004, from Andorra

Postby miquelmatas; Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:21 am

pc2000 wrote:Right now, anyone using T4 is beta testing as far as I can see. Much more needs to be done before offering T4 to the masses!

Reaper also did this.
aMUSEd
KVRAF

20037 posts since 14 Sep, 2002, from In teh net

Postby aMUSEd; Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:25 am

Same with many hosts. I remember going for something like 9 months before there was a fix for a bug that made it impossible to play instruments in Studio One with my interface when it first came out.
bobmartinmusic
KVRist

160 posts since 26 Dec, 2007, from UK

Postby bobmartinmusic; Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:00 am

Strange.. I'm using a MacBook with an unsupported OS. OS X 10.6.8, and everything loaded perfectly, all my plugins inc Melodyne are there.
The only issue I have is the occasional dropout/glitch which happens in the same place on the track, baffled.
kejkz
KVRist

434 posts since 8 Dec, 2004, from Belgrade

Postby kejkz; Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:06 am

I bought the new version because I was a big fan of windows version back then, when v1. gone for free, and this new version works solid on my 5 years old macbook, only automation of some plugins doesn't work as it should, like it is only working for a small range of possible values (0 to 1). I am now starting to test it and will see if there are some outstanding issues with any plugins that I have in my arsenal.
bungle
KVRist

296 posts since 12 Mar, 2004

Postby bungle; Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:54 am

miquelmatas wrote:
pc2000 wrote:Right now, anyone using T4 is beta testing as far as I can see. Much more needs to be done before offering T4 to the masses!

Reaper also did this.

Reaper devs are quite open about it though, Tracktion should be open beta much like Reaper, I have had so many issues with closed beta software lately it is utter stupidity (Quite a lot of them i am a beta tester on myself)
Closed beta does not work no matter how much any dev wishes to ignore it.
There is a reason Reaper is known as the most stable host (No matter how much you love or hate it)
If your plugin is a C++ creation, please don't say so.
If it is, pop round Marcos, he has just bought you a Mac to port it.
valley
KVRAF

4631 posts since 28 Nov, 2002, from Chicago

Postby valley; Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:01 am

According to Jules they had two months to get T4 ready. That's two months for Jules to familiarize himself with the code , port it to the latest JUCE version, rework the audio engine, and modernize the code style. Similarly I don't envy the web guys turnaround time on getting their product page up and ready to roll.

I'm sure TSC would have loved if the launch had been smooth sailing all around, but T4 as it is today is a matter of necessity.

The key difference is that we can all be reasonably confident that bugs will get fixed, and Tracktion will again sport T1 / T2.5 levels of stability.
Someone shot the food. Remember: don't shoot food!
pough
KVRAF

2959 posts since 3 Jan, 2003, from Vancouver

Postby pough; Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:28 am

valley wrote:According to Jules they had two months to get T4 ready.

I'll happily take a momentarily buggy T4 and website over Mackie's dusty shelf.
I'm not your dog, so watch your language!
GermanFafian
KVRist

353 posts since 12 Dec, 2006, from Cologne, Germany

Postby GermanFafian; Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:29 am

pough wrote:I'll happily take a momentarily buggy T4 and website over Mackie's dusty shelf.

Hell yeah! :tu:
Carpe diem quan minimum credula postero
Flandersh
KVRist

132 posts since 17 Dec, 2005, from Norway

Postby Flandersh; Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:48 pm

pough wrote:
valley wrote:According to Jules they had two months to get T4 ready.

I'll happily take a momentarily buggy T4 and website over Mackie's dusty shelf.

+1
Next

Moderators: valley, jules, TSC, ModuLR

Return to Tracktion