Public Beta 2: Everything u-he

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

In August we released The Dark Zebra. Since then we've concentrated on fixing all niggles and bugs that have piled up in the last couple of years. Most of these were quite odd, such as disappearing AU guis when VSTs were used in Live. So we racked our brains 24/7 to figure things out. The result is a maintenance update for virtually everything, and it's pretty much ready for release.

Now, one month after the initial public beta, we call it second public beta because there are still some things we would like to correct before we can call it "final" but we fixed a lot of things which will catch your attention!

Installers for Mac, Revision 1391:

ACE, Bazille, Diva, Filterscape, MFM2, Triple Cheese, Uhbik, Zebra2

Installers for Win, Revision 1391:

ACE, Bazille, Diva, Filterscape, MFM2, Triple Cheese, Uhbik, Zebra2

Here's a preliminary changelog (not yet added to the installers):

http://www.u-he.com/downloads/Changelog1391.txt

Very important fixes
- Diva's draft mode crashes on Windows. Fixed!
- MIDI Program Changes on empty folder crashes on Windows. Fixed!

KNOWN ISSUES
- Some On/Off buttons don't work as expected.
- installers don't work on MacOS X 10.5 Leopard. This seems to be a general compatibility issue. We will provide special installers for Leopard for the final release.
- Resize issues in Reaper VST/Mac (will contact Cockos)

Please let us know what you find :)

Cheers,

Clemens (and Urs who is currently out of broadband ;-) )

Furthermore:

Important: After installation every plug-in should show "Rev. 1391" somewhere on the editor. (We noticed that sometimes it was necessary to remove AUs first before installation but this shouldn't happen anymore!)

Beta installers for ZebraHZ will be available for owners of The Dark Zebra (you need to log into your account). We've simply added them into a subfolder of the normal zip file. Note that we've seperated ZebraHZ from Zebra to avoid any confusion with installers and what to install when. So in future you can install Zebra and ZebraHZ seperately, but you need to enter the Zebra2 serial number once in ZebraHZ as well.

Updates for ZebraCM will be sent to CM early this year, updates to TyrellN6 will surface on Amazona once a new gui is designed (so we've heard).
Last edited by cheppner on Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I won't be able to install for a couple days to check. Is this issue fixed?
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=370962
Thanks!
Ben
Last edited by benj3737 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maybe you may want to correct this???

"Updates for ZebraCM will be sent to CM early next year"...

- Mario

mabian wrote:Maybe you may want to correct this???

"Updates for ZebraCM will be sent to CM early next year"...

- Mario
Thanks for pointing this out.. fixed! ;-)

Hooray, more betas!

I tested ACE and Diva, 32-bit VTS3. Similar question for both
1) the scope updates about twice a second; faster if I move the mouse (on top of the synth GUI only)
2) in Large size, the patch notes look like:

And for feature wishes... it would be mildly pleasant to be able to zero transpose, PB up and PB down by double-clicking mouse.

Edit: And, in Diva, click Microtuning button shows the regular styled window but only "Not applicable" shown; and I cannot drag a patch to move to another folder (maybe this is a windows file permission thing, not sure).

Thanks!

-Adrian b

what I keep forgetting to request, is in Zebra HZ, that the Zebra presets don't appear with all folders open......

rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote:what I keep forgetting to request, is in Zebra HZ, that the Zebra presets don't appear with all folders open......

rsp
That's by design... might be worth mentioning as a feature request in the improvements thread.

Adrian B wrote:Hooray, more betas!

1) the scope updates about twice a second; faster if I move the mouse (on top of the synth GUI only)
That feature request needs to go to the host manuafacturer. Our ui schedules frequent updates, but the host manufacturer then puts the window into a low priority loop or something. In other words: We can't explain it, it must be outside of our realm. We don't even have a notion if the mouse is above the window or not.
Ah... that. Yes we'll deal with it, but that's part of a bigger operation once we get to work on text rendering.
And for feature wishes... it would be mildly pleasant to be able to zero transpose, PB up and PB down by double-clicking mouse.
Hmmm, good point. There's similar areas such as default decay values in envelopes that need rethinking.
Edit: And, in Diva, click Microtuning button shows the regular styled window but only "Not applicable" shown; and I cannot drag a patch to move to another folder (maybe this is a windows file permission thing, not sure).
That indeed is a bug, dunno where it came from. Clemens will look into it. But Microtuning works in ACE, right?

Urs wrote:
Adrian B wrote:Edit: And, in Diva, click Microtuning button shows the regular styled window but only "Not applicable" shown; and I cannot drag a patch to move to another folder (maybe this is a windows file permission thing, not sure).
That indeed is a bug, dunno where it came from. Clemens will look into it. But Microtuning works in ACE, right?
This was a Bug that occured in the VST3 version after opening and closing the GUI at least twice ;).
I am happy to announce that it's fixed now and will be included in the next public version!

Thanks for the report, Adrian!
- Clemens

Urs wrote:
zvenx wrote:what I keep forgetting to request, is in Zebra HZ, that the Zebra presets don't appear with all folders open......

rsp
That's by design... might be worth mentioning as a feature request in the improvements thread.
thanks, done.
What was the reasoning behind the design out of curiosity?
rsp

zvenx wrote:
Urs wrote:

rsp
thanks, done.
What was the reasoning behind the design out of curiosity?
rsp
Simplicity :) - all top level folders are collapsed, only the path to the currently active directory is expanded when opening the ui. The symlink to the Z2 patches is just a folder in this case, but maybe needs to get a higher status.

yay!
Why'd you slice off my hand?

Urs wrote:
Adrian B wrote:Hooray, more betas!

That feature request needs to go to the host manuafacturer. Our ui schedules frequent updates, but the host manufacturer then puts the window into a low priority loop or something. In other words: We can't explain it, it must be outside of our realm. We don't even have a notion if the mouse is above the window or not.
Ah... that. Yes we'll deal with it, but that's part of a bigger operation once we get to work on text rendering.
Hmmm, good point. There's similar areas such as default decay values in envelopes that need rethinking.
Thanks for answering. Microtuning is fine in ACE. Maybe I need a newer DAW, mine was the first version that supports VST3. I'm happy to see ongoing development since I just bought Diva and ACE recently!

cheppner wrote:
Urs wrote:
Adrian B wrote:Edit: And, in Diva, click Microtuning button shows the regular styled window but only "Not applicable" shown; and I cannot drag a patch to move to another folder (maybe this is a windows file permission thing, not sure).
This was a Bug that occured in the VST3 version after opening and closing the GUI at least twice ;).
I am happy to announce that it's fixed now and will be included in the next public version!

Thanks for the report, Adrian!
- Clemens
Interesting, and nice to know it will be fixed! I love it when instruments support custom tuning.

Some very nice updates, thanks! Now that Diva supports VST3 per-note parameters, is it going to support voice-per-channel MIDI soon? This was promised before the initial release, but got delayed. This would really be very welcome to use Diva with new MIDI instruments like the Eigenharp, iPad Geosynth/Cantor, Continuum, Soundplane, ...

Don't hesitate to get in touch with me if you want help about how to implement this, I've assisted Wolfgang Palm for his WaveGenerator and WaveMapper synths so that voice-per-channel works with all those instruments. Thanks!

Return to “u-he”