We're really pleased to announce the first release candidates for Alchemy and Alchemy Player v1.55.0 are now available to download from your Camel Audio support account.
These builds has been extensively tested in all hosts on Mac and Windows, correcting several bugs found in earlier v1.5 releases. As always, those of you working on important projects are advised to wait for the official release. See below for a list of bug fixes and improvements.
Please post any questions or problems here and we'll do our best to answer as quickly as possible.
How to update
To update Alchemy or Alchemy Player to v1.55.0 from an existing v1.5 installation it is only necessary to download and run the installer to update the plugin. It is not necessary to download the content again, or uninstall the old version. Your projects will load and sound exactly the same as with previous version.
The Alchemy release candidates are found by expanding the Alchemy section in your support account:
- Alchemy Plugin v220.127.116.1166 - RC 1 (Mac)
- Alchemy Plugin v18.104.22.16868 - RC 1 (Windows)
- Alchemy Player Plugin v22.214.171.12471P - RC 1 (Mac)
- Alchemy Player Plugin v126.96.36.19973P - RC 1 (Windows)
See the Alchemy and Alchemy Player release notes for the full list of bug fixes and improvements.
Note: the version numbers have been updated to v1.55.0 to avoid confusion with earlier releases. There have been some bug fixes since 1.50.2 and v1.51.0 so please ensure you update now or when the official release takes place.
- Improved preset loading times
- Improved preset scan times
- Fixed rare crash scanning for presets
- Fixed rare bug resulting in endless loop when loading some presets
- Fixed rare crash when double-clicking browser attributes
- Alchemy fails to open on non-English language installation of Win XP
- Improved handling of AAZ files
- Improved handling of preset comment text
- Morph type defaults to wrong setting
- Performance controls + labels fail to display correct values
- Fixed memory leak when scrolling through presets
- Fixed preset compatibility between Alchemy and Alchemy Mobile
- Fixed rare preset recall bug in Pro Tools
- Fixed rare mod source GUI bug in Pro Tools
- Presets to buy now hidden by default
- Improved compatibility with the biolabs skin
- Scroll wheel action no longer sets AHSDR1 mod depth
- Installer symbolic link creation now language specific
- Fixed Cubase key command bug - space bar now starts transport
- Fixed File Load menus when using the 64-bit Audio Unit
- Fixed user area access for non-English OS installations
- Enabling remote control now prompts user to download Bonjour if not installed
- Improved Windows set up routines
- Windows uninstall now removes 64-bit plugin