Login / Register  0 items | $0.00New @ What is KVR? Submit News Advertise

Rebellion Summer

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Jesse Gorter
KVRist
 
458 posts since 30 Nov, 2004

Postby Jesse Gorter; Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:35 pm Rebellion Summer

Last edited by Jesse Gorter on Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Allomerus
KVRian
 
1014 posts since 28 Aug, 2012, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby Allomerus; Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:43 pm

Great perky track Jesse! Hard not to dance to it. Nice change at 1:40. Shades of popcorn with the lead.
Well done.
Allomerus.com
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.
Jesse Gorter
KVRist
 
458 posts since 30 Nov, 2004

Postby Jesse Gorter; Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:43 am

Allomerus wrote:Great perky track Jesse! Hard not to dance to it. Nice change at 1:40. Shades of popcorn with the lead.
Well done.


Thanks :)
The hardest part was naming the song....;)
mr.me
KVRAF
 
2097 posts since 11 Feb, 2003

Postby mr.me; Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:45 am

Refreshing...more sunshine is always enjoyed! Nice choice of instrumentation too.

I could almost hear a cute girl singing to this, how would I know she's cute?

...erm, stab in the dark. 8)
Jesse Gorter
KVRist
 
458 posts since 30 Nov, 2004

Postby Jesse Gorter; Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:20 am

mr.me wrote:Refreshing...more sunshine is always enjoyed! Nice choice of instrumentation too.

I could almost hear a cute girl singing to this, how would I know she's cute?

...erm, stab in the dark. 8)


A femme fatale needs to be cute or enchanting, otherwise she cannot cast her spell ;)
Jesse Gorter
KVRist
 
458 posts since 30 Nov, 2004

Postby Jesse Gorter; Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:14 am

Allomerus wrote:Great perky track Jesse! Hard not to dance to it. Nice change at 1:40. Shades of popcorn with the lead.
Well done.


Wait, you mean the hot butter track?
User avatar
seismic1
KVRAF
 
7283 posts since 13 Mar, 2009, from UK

Postby seismic1; Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:06 pm

If he did, he's showing his age :hihi:

Nice upbeat tune, Jesse. Rhythmically, I was reminded of something by Spandau Ballet from the '80s, but this has a more modern sound with some interesting instrumentation and a clear mix.

Good work :)
User avatar
V0RT3X
KVRAF
 
5015 posts since 3 Jul, 2012

Postby V0RT3X; Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:40 pm

Catchy stuff, definitely reminded me of the 80's with this one. I grew up with 80's style stuff so I liked that upbeat synth style sound :)

Thanks for the share.
User avatar
Allomerus
KVRian
 
1014 posts since 28 Aug, 2012, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby Allomerus; Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:06 am

seismic1 wrote:If he did, he's showing his age :hihi:

Nice upbeat tune, Jesse. Rhythmically, I was reminded of something by Spandau Ballet from the '80s, but this has a more modern sound with some interesting instrumentation and a clear mix.

Good work :)


I am showing my age, but I was very young then.... ;)
Allomerus.com
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.
Jesse Gorter
KVRist
 
458 posts since 30 Nov, 2004

Postby Jesse Gorter; Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:04 pm

I know popcorn from 'Digger'. And I am 29 ;)

Oh btw, I wasn't aiming for 80's haha. I wrote this when I saw how Voodoo People was made ;)
Jesse Gorter
KVRist
 
458 posts since 30 Nov, 2004

Postby Jesse Gorter; Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:13 pm

Finally found the right name for it, wasn't 100% sure yet :")

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe