Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New @ What is KVR? Submit News Advertise
Oden
KVRist

183 posts since 30 Oct, 2010

Postby Oden; Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:37 am Need something to minimize correlation between tracks.

I am trying to polarity cancel a sound and need some plug in that will tell me the right parameter positions to minimize the correlation between the sound source and my sound. I can do it manually but at least need a meter that will tell me the right parameter positions.

Does anything like this exist? A correlation meter does work, but is far too inaccurate for what I am trying to do. I need something with long series of decimal points. Running a regression would make it easy but not feasible inside a DAW...

Thoughts?
Oden
KVRist

Postby Oden; Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:10 pm Re: Need something to minimize correlation between tracks.

BUMP!

I would think that correlation minimization would be something dev's use a lot... even if maybe not inside a daw. There must be something to help me with this.
Aloysius
KVRAF

17178 posts since 11 Aug, 2008, from Alto Icon

Postby Aloysius; Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:52 am Re: Need something to minimize correlation between tracks.

It's great to have an open mind but not so open your brain falls out´╗┐.
Mayae
KVRist

391 posts since 1 Jan, 2013, from Denmark

Postby Mayae; Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:25 am Re: Need something to minimize correlation between tracks.

You're looking for something that you feed two files into, and it will tell you what offset will create the most cancellation? A sort of inverse automatic auto correlation? Otherwise, just move files / use variable sample delay plugin and use built-in db measurements?
Oden
KVRist

Postby Oden; Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:25 am Re: Need something to minimize correlation between tracks.

Mayae wrote:You're looking for something that you feed two files into, and it will tell you what offset will create the most cancellation? A sort of inverse automatic auto correlation? Otherwise, just move files / use variable sample delay plugin and use built-in db measurements?

Indeed (although I have more "files" than two)... The problem is that any meter that I know off is not precise enough for me to eye ball the highest null depth. The cancellation needs to be the highest possible within .0000001 db. To be honest it would be much better if a script would figure it all out, but a much more precise decibel meter would at least allow me to utilize the manual solution.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to DSP and Plug-in Development