What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Gary Numan Remix

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

galaksi
KVRer

14 posts since 9 Mar, 2012

Postby galaksi; Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:48 pm Gary Numan Remix

I thought I'd take a stab at covering one of my favourite Gary Numan records - Are Friends Electric?

http://soundcloud.com/galaksi/tubeway-army-are-friends

I'd love to hear what you guys think of it!

Thanks
Galaksi
soundcloud.com/galaksi

^So that's there...
C64Paul
KVRer

24 posts since 15 Oct, 2012, from London

Postby C64Paul; Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:46 pm

I love the synth leads on this! :D Sounds great!
galaksi
KVRer

Postby galaksi; Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:13 pm

C64Paul wrote:I love the synth leads on this! :D Sounds great!

Thanks a lot! I'm glad you enjoyed it
soundcloud.com/galaksi

^So that's there...
kryptonaut
KVRian

508 posts since 25 Apr, 2011

Postby kryptonaut; Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:20 pm

Nice cover, great energy to it!
spirit
KVRist

484 posts since 12 Apr, 2002, from Terra Australis

Postby spirit; Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:37 pm

I'm a huge Numan fan and love to hear covers. Did you get that double album of a few years back of Numan covers? Excellent stuff.

Anyway, I liked the sounds in this track but not so keen on the production. Way, way too much compression for my taste with pumping drums. Also too much reverb and the slowly opening filter solo effect has been so done to death over the past 20 years that I just can't bear to hear it anymore.

I'd like to hear a less mechanical, more humanized version with much less production effects.

I think the tracks themselves, the arrangement and the sound choices are really excellent - it's the mix I don't like.
galaksi
KVRer

Postby galaksi; Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:02 pm

spirit wrote:I'm a huge Numan fan and love to hear covers. Did you get that double album of a few years back of Numan covers? Excellent stuff.

Anyway, I liked the sounds in this track but not so keen on the production. Way, way too much compression for my taste with pumping drums. Also too much reverb and the slowly opening filter solo effect has been so done to death over the past 20 years that I just can't bear to hear it anymore.

I'd like to hear a less mechanical, more humanized version with much less production effects.

I think the tracks themselves, the arrangement and the sound choices are really excellent - it's the mix I don't like.

Hey man,

I didn't get that album, but I'll definitely search for it and give it a listen.

I appreciate the feedback, I realise this type of thing isn't really to everyone's taste, especially with this type of 'energetic' mix style. Mix aside, I'm glad you liked the arrangement/ sound choices, as I'm quite proud of that aspect, and really feel that is what carries this track. I'll admit to the slow lowpass filter though, it's kind of my guilty production pleasure!

I really appreciate the honest feedback though!

Thanks
soundcloud.com/galaksi

^So that's there...
spirit
KVRist

484 posts since 12 Apr, 2002, from Terra Australis

Postby spirit; Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:22 pm

How about a "Down in the Park" cover? Your sound skills could do some interesting things there I'm sure :-)

ps: the covers album was called Random:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Random-Exclusiv ... B0000018AV
JonPTr
KVRer

5 posts since 13 Feb, 2013

Postby JonPTr; Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:13 am

Really nice to hear, Thank you! ;)
Johnan Avis http://greenavis.com/

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe