Is GForce M-Tron Pro still the best "Tron" vst?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, Looking for a very good emulation of "Tron" sound vst. All I know in the market has SampleTron and M-Tron Pro. M-Tron Pro seems to be more tweakable and sounds very good to my ear however SampleTron's price tag is a no brainer.

Did I miss any Tron vst in the market?

M-Tron Pro is a work of love for its developers and (though I don't own the hardware!) as accurate as it gets. The only cloud is the snail's pace development of a 64 bit version. I have VSM and ImpOscar too and am waiting ... waiting ...

TBH, I don't know anything about SampleTron.

cowby wrote:Hi, Looking for a very good emulation of "Tron" sound vst. All I know in the market has SampleTron and M-Tron Pro. M-Tron Pro seems to be more tweakable and sounds very good to my ear however SampleTron's price tag is a no brainer.

Did I miss any Tron vst in the market?
you get what you pay for, in this case

lnikj wrote:M-Tron Pro is a work of love for its developers and (though I don't own the hardware!) as accurate as it gets. The only cloud is the snail's pace development of a 64 bit version. I have VSM and ImpOscar too and am waiting ... waiting ...

TBH, I don't know anything about SampleTron.

:tu:

I personally always thought it was the best one and for a while had a 64 bit version (as a reason extension) and i do miss that being back in logic 64.

I don't know why Gforce 64 is coming so slow, it's a shame as i think the m tron is truly the best around, (although some really like sampletron), but furthermore and more importantly to me, i actually think imposcar is one of the best VI ever made in history.. cpu to warmth ratio is unmatched hehe and would just love a 64 of that..please Mr Gforce?

Frequently Asked Questions - M-Tron-Pro

"New 32/64 bit versions of VSM and M-Tron Pro have been added to user accounts and can be downloaded by registered users via
http://www.gforcesoftware.com/myinstruments "
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Not for mac users they ain't ...

Oh i got so excited for a second there.

But i bet macs not far away then.

It dates from a few years ago, but you may want to check this ST review from SOS, which highlights some differences between both. http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/aug08/a ... letron.htm

I don't own M-Tron yet but I grabbed SampleTron last year during a sale and I don't regret it. Even though I was only interested in classic tron sounds at that point (flute, strings, etc), it's the rest of the content that make this plug-in a must-have for me - stuff like the Optigan and the Talentmaker loops and FX.

It's one of the very few 3rd party plugs I can't imagine myself w/o, even if I rarely use it.

Theo - Un/fortunately it has been saying that for quite some time now. Maybe that means its EVEN closer but I haven't seen anything change on this for many months.

M-Tron Pro with the Streetly sample set is by far the best commercial Tron VST. Best free VST is Redtron, especially the SE version.

There is of course a sale for SampleTron now. €32 is a great bargain!

IMO SampleTron is the instrument IK Multimedia managed to do best in their total studio package. They've thrown in a lot of sounds, also from Chamberlin, Optigan and Orchestron.

I love Sampletron which I got (of course) in a sale but I definitely see me going for the M-Tron Pro in the future. One can simply not have enough Tron sounds.

I liked the soundset, but not the VST implementation on the original M-Tron. It was too slavish of an emulation, excluding MIDI implementation like pitch bend "because the original Mellotron didn't have that." Dumb.

Plus the fact that G-Force wouldn't answer customer service requests regarding a wonky re-installation about 3 years ago. I am a registered first-party owner with a serial number and the original disks. G-Force just ignored my e-mails.

Therefore, I have placed G-Force on my shit list and will never do business with them again. And I urge you not to do business with them.

Return to “Instruments”