What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Alchemy v1.55 Released

Official support for: camelaudio.com

Moderator: Camel Audio Mods

ugo
KVRAF

5462 posts since 6 Jan, 2003, from Leesburg VA, USA

Postby ugo; Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:58 am Alchemy v1.55 Released

We're glad to announce the release of Alchemy v1.55, offering faster preset loading, faster scanning for new presets and host of other improvements and fixes.

The v1.55 update is free for existing users, and is available now from your support account.

Improvements include:
    • Faster preset loading
    • Faster scan for new presets
    • Improved handling of preset comment text
    • Improved handling of AAZ files
    • Improved compatibility with the biolabs skin
    • Presets to buy now hidden by default
    • Improved Windows set up routines
    • Enabling remote control now prompts user to download Bonjour if not installed
For a complete list of improvements, please see the Alchemy release notes.
primelpott
KVRist

41 posts since 18 Aug, 2010, from here and there ...

Postby primelpott; Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:45 am

Hi,

just tried to install this on my win 8 pro (64bit) machine.

But, installation simply doesn't work.

The installer starts, the UAC wants permission and then: nothing!
I downloaded a second time. Same result.
Tried the compatibility troubleshooter. Dead.

Is there any issue know?
I have no clue how to get this up.

Carsten.
Particular combinations of colors or black and white contrast may/may not cause epilepsy, nausea, or the urge to do weird things to domestic animals.
Either way, I shall not be held responsible for any of that.
ugo
KVRAF

5462 posts since 6 Jan, 2003, from Leesburg VA, USA

Postby ugo; Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:10 am

When you see that UAC screen, pressing OK just acknowledges the message. To actually run the installer, press the More Info link then select Run Anyway.
primelpott
KVRist

Postby primelpott; Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:02 am

ugo wrote:When you see that UAC screen, pressing OK just acknowledges the message. To actually run the installer, press the More Info link then select Run Anyway.

Thank you for your fast answer.

But, this doesn't solve my issue. I use an explorer substitute (Directory Opus) und Start8 for start menu. The "More Info" screen appears only when started from the desktop. Then the UAC shows up. If I start from my explorer subst I have only the UAC. After accepting "changes to my system" from an "unknown publisher" nothing happens ...

:?: :?: :?: :?:
xx JPRacer xx
KVRian

1326 posts since 25 Jun, 2008, from Montreal, Canada

Postby xx JPRacer xx; Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:54 am

Did you try right-click and "Run as Admin"?
narapela
KVRer

11 posts since 5 Jun, 2012, from W. Canada

Postby narapela; Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:20 am

Any changes from the Release Candidate from a couple of weeks ago?
I've already got that installed ... just wondering if I need to d/l this as well?
Thanks,
EvilDragon
KVRAF

10187 posts since 6 Jan, 2009, from Croatia

Postby EvilDragon; Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:48 am

Nice, updating!

Slightly unrelated question - where can I change the color of preset scanning colorbar in the info field? I can't seem to find it anywhere, and it looks quite weird with Limeflavour's skin:

Thanks!
krankyone
KVRist

116 posts since 12 Oct, 2006

Postby krankyone; Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:53 am

Just a note on updating. I recently bought Light Space and installed with Alchemy 1.5. When I did I got a presets file and the Light Space files, which I was able to install.

Since my library is currently up to date, I planned on installing Alchemy only. When I went to install 1.5.5, I made sure there were no Alchemy files on my desktop.

However, when I ran the package (OS 10.6.8), when it came to the library install part, the installer asked me if I wanted to install the files from the last installation (Light Space, Alchemy presets, etc.)and it presented me with the same list I saw when I installed Light Space.

Since they were already installed, I deselected them from the list, and was able to finish the installation, but it was a little confusing. Not sure what would have happened if I had just clicked yes to installing them. I don't know why these showed up in the list because there were no sample or preset files on my desktop.
primelpott
KVRist

Postby primelpott; Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:06 pm

xx JPRacer xx wrote:Did you try right-click and "Run as Admin"?

jepp! :D
Particular combinations of colors or black and white contrast may/may not cause epilepsy, nausea, or the urge to do weird things to domestic animals.
Either way, I shall not be held responsible for any of that.
Phase47
KVRian

885 posts since 21 Aug, 2011

Postby Phase47; Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:05 pm

Hi Camels.

I just got through cleaning out all of "Taste of Camel" presets and samples on my computer over the weekend, but when I updated to 1.55 today, the presets alll reappeared. No offense, but I don't want these, and I don't want to have to keep deleting things I don't want every time I update, etc.

What did I do wrong?
ZenPunkHippy
KVRAF

10429 posts since 18 Jun, 2008, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:38 pm

primelpott wrote:
xx JPRacer xx wrote:Did you try right-click and "Run as Admin"?

jepp! :D

Try deleting any copies of the v1.55.0 installer you have now and downloading a new copy. This could be a corrupted download, no one else is reporting the problem.

Peace,
Andy.
ZenPunkHippy
KVRAF

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:43 pm

krankyone wrote:Since they were already installed, I deselected them from the list, and was able to finish the installation, but it was a little confusing. Not sure what would have happened if I had just clicked yes to installing them. I don't know why these showed up in the list because there were no sample or preset files on my desktop.

Yes it's a little confusing, sorry about that. De-selecting the sound libraries and letting the installer finish is the correct thing to do. Otherwise, the sound libraries would have been reinstalled - it won't cause any harm, just slow down the installation.

Peace,
Andy.
ZenPunkHippy
KVRAF

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:46 pm

Phase47 wrote:I just got through cleaning out all of "Taste of Camel" presets and samples on my computer over the weekend, but when I updated to 1.55 today, the presets alll reappeared. No offense, but I don't want these, and I don't want to have to keep deleting things I don't want every time I update, etc.

What did I do wrong?

Sorry about that. When updating to v1.55 from an existing v1.5 installation it isn't necessary to re-install the content - just update the plugin.

For users who want to avoid this in the future we have made the individual preset Camel Sounds files available in the expanded section for each sound library. When installing a new or updated sound library, download this file to avoid having Taste of Camel installed again.

Peace,
Andy.
EvilDragon
KVRAF

10187 posts since 6 Jan, 2009, from Croatia

Postby EvilDragon; Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:57 am

I'd hate to be a bother, but...

About that scanning bar color, Andy? :)
pgt
KVRer

13 posts since 18 Jul, 2012, from France

Postby pgt; Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:58 pm