Kontakt 5 third-party libraries disappearing!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I have Kontakt 5 (that I bought included in Komplete 8 Ultimate), and I have a problem with some of my third-party libraries that disappear everytime I close Kontakt.

I have to add them again everytime I open Kontakt. It's a real problem, since when I record in my DAW from one of these libraries, the next time I load a project, I get a message stating that the library file doesn't exist. It means that I lose all the infos (preset selected in the library, etc.), so it can screw any project I make with these libraries.

The latest versions of Kontakt 5 were supposed to correct this, but it's not working for me.

I tried to remove these libraries with regedit, but I have the same problem when I try to add them again.

Anyone can offer me any kind of advice? Thanks!

especially worrisome to someone who is thinking of buying k9. hopefuly there is a fix can;t see myself splurging for k9 till this issue is fixed. What is your daw?

This is fixed in 5.1.0. If it's not working for you, uninstall Kontakt completely then reinstall it.

EvilDragon wrote:This is fixed in 5.1.0. If it's not working for you, uninstall Kontakt completely then reinstall it.
Ok! Thanks!

dude had me word thar fo a 2nd :shock:

Hi!
Have the same problem on Mac Osx 10.8.3
I reinstalled Kontakt 5 and the same problem...

Thanks!

I am having this issue with Kontakt 5.2.xxx(latest) and Komplete 9
The workaround for 3rd Party libraries so far is to run the Installer again and deselect the Sound Library Option (I had the Libraries already on a HDD)
Seems that this procedure writes or updates certain files,thus the Libs stay put on the Kontakt 5 Tab.
Otherwise i had to manually add them on each and every relaunch.....

^^^^
Which Installer do you mean? The K5.2.xxx update or Komplete 9 (original) or .... ?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
DarkStar wrote:^^^^
Which Installer do you mean? The K5.2.xxx update or Komplete 9 (original) or .... ?
The 3rd Party Libraries Installers.(Vise)

In my Case, i have on an ext HDD (10) 3rd Party Libraries, as soon as i installed K9 and Kontakt 5.2.1, apart from (3)
of them the rest were keep disapppearing from the Kontakt tab on every relaunch (Stndalone or VST/AU)
As soon as Libs were added and activated via SC, on each relaunch they were miising, thus every time i had to add them
and so on...
So i run the Installers of each Lib ie: EthnoWorld/Syntax etc, without re-installing the Library

See below similar issue on NI Forum)
http://www.native-instruments.com/forum ... 795&page=2 (http://www.native-instruments.com/forum/showthread.php?t=191795&page=2)

NI has a sort of solution proposal, but it does not work at all...

http://www.native-instruments.com/knowl ... ibrary+tab (http://www.native-instruments.com/knowledge/questions/1617/One+of+my+KONTAKT+Libraries+keeps+disappearing+from+the+Library+tab)

PS:Not only 3rd party, i had this with Akoustik Piano as well..(All Original ;-)
MacOSX 10.8.4

Since the Saga continues and till i get an official reply from NI, i could not resist and tried the K5[K] and yes everything works, Libraries stay put...and still
Then removed the [K] of course...
So there is def an issue with 3rd party Libs+Service Center, and the .nicnt format.
But for the Libraries that had an Installer this solved this 'disappearing'issue no matter if they do not carry any .ncint file. 8)

The problem seems to be that sometimes Kontakt does not create an entry for service center.

Go To -UTILITES- Select Your Macintosh HD :
1-Reapair Disk Permissions,
After Finish Step one,
2-Verify Disk Permissions
Then Re-Add Library To Your Kontakt

ENJOY My Little Experience

MADE IN IRAQ

try uninstalling Bloatakt and all other synths that use huge sample libraries and use physical modeled synths
to make music. you will feel 1000lbs lighter.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Return to “Instruments”