Anybody still using Kore 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Digging mine out again. Always thought it was a great program but never really found a use that would apply to what I do. Starting to take a fresh look at it now. Great for guys like me who don't make sounds from scratch because you can combine sounds from completely different plugins to come up with new sounds if you're not really interested in synth programming.

Kore is the schnitzel, the donkey's, the .....hate to say it, peak of software design. It is a great great shame that NI ditched it. But to answer the question- yes everyday.

pinki wrote:Kore is the schnitzel, the donkey's, the .....hate to say it, peak of software design. It is a great great shame that NI ditched it. But to answer the question- yes everyday.
It's starting to look fresh all over again. There's no software out there like it right now. Very broad ability.

I only had Kore player. I still have the install file but not installed on my new computer yet. Does anyone know if that will still need to be registered w/ NI like their other players? Do they even have authorizations available for a non-current player? I'll have to try and see but just wondering if anyone knows.
John
"B4serenity"

Kore is still an integral part of my setup and considering that I've bought 18 Kore soundpacks over the years, ditching it would be stupid.
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

Nothing in the market does what it does. I use it all the time, not so much as a library but as a combinator of sounds/effects, as well as a performance tool.
I'm still not over NI having discontinued it... :( :(

I still use Kore a lot. Lovely, deep, useable software.

b4serenity wrote:I only had Kore player. I still have the install file but not installed on my new computer yet. Does anyone know if that will still need to be registered w/ NI like their other players? Do they even have authorizations available for a non-current player? I'll have to try and see but just wondering if anyone knows.
You need to register it, if not it will work only in demo mode.

When I reinstalled a PC recently, I registered my Kore Player again, so registration for discontinued products are still possible.

In fact I had to register CM SESSION that came with a mag long time ago, and even that worked.

I believe that if one also should happen to come across a boxed version of Pro-53 or other NI instruments in a music shop, that product can be registered and used, even though it is discontinued.

BTW, what do you think has been the biggest letdown?:

NI making hardware for Kore and then disbanding the product.

or

Emagic/Logic going all in for Mac in 2002, leaving Windows users stranded with the Logic control hardware that had been launched only months earlier, having to ditch that, or move to Mac to continue getting updates...

Nice to see a thread about Kore.
It's still a centerpiece of my live performances, using several Reaktor instances controlled by Kore controller and a instance of Maschine with it's Mk2 controller.
The feel of the knobs on Kore controller are simply put fantastic.
Bazille soundset - Bioethical Genome Modification.
Soundset for UVI Falcon "Pad Scape Sphere".

Numanoid wrote:BTW, what do you think has been the biggest letdown?:
NI making hardware for Kore and then disbanding the product.
or
Emagic/Logic going all in for Mac in 2002, leaving Windows users stranded with the Logic control hardware that had been launched only months earlier, having to ditch that, or move to Mac to continue getting updates...
Close call but it must go to N.I. as they had NO EXCUSE. You could argue that Apple were never going to develop for PC and Emagic got a fat cheque. But N.I.....

Great to see love for Kore here- I swear it's still the best bit of music software ever invented apart from the DAW.

pinki wrote:Kore is the schnitzel, the donkey's, the .....hate to say it, peak of software design. It is a great great shame that NI ditched it. But to answer the question- yes everyday.
Ditto - brilliant host/instrument - shame it was so poorly understood - even by the people that made it

aMUSEd wrote:
Ditto - brilliant host/instrument - shame it was so poorly understood - even by the people that made it
I agree. I believe that had NI stuck with it, Kore would have evolved into something formidable. I also wouldn't be surprised if there was a manufacture out there right now who is thinking outside the box and can see further into Kore's possibilities than NI was willing to and expanding on the basic kore concept to create something that could be the next big thing in software like Kore.Software synths are a dime dozen now but Kore was definitely outside the box.
Last edited by dblock on Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Numanoid wrote:
b4serenity wrote:I only had Kore player. I still have the install file but not installed on my new computer yet. Does anyone know if that will still need to be registered w/ NI like their other players? Do they even have authorizations available for a non-current player? I'll have to try and see but just wondering if anyone knows.
You need to register it, if not it will work only in demo mode.

When I reinstalled a PC recently, I registered my Kore Player again, so registration for discontinued products are still possible.

In fact I had to register CM SESSION that came with a mag long time ago, and even that worked.

I believe that if one also should happen to come across a boxed version of Pro-53 or other NI instruments in a music shop, that product can be registered and used, even though it is discontinued.
Thanks for the help! :)
John
"B4serenity"

Return to “Instruments”