Night Flight VSTi - String Ensemble Synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Night Flight

Hi all

I just uploaded my new string ensemble synth Night Flight:

This one is not free but cheap. The demo version is fully functional except for an occasional moment of silence. You can hear demo tracks and download the manual on the website:

http://www.interruptor.ch/vst_overview.shtml

I hope you like it.. :D

best regards
Daniel / Interruptor

Features:
  • - Platform: Windows, 32bit
    - 3 Oscillators (8 waveforms, pulse width control)
    - Up to three simultaneous ensemble effects modelled on the eminent/solina architecture. Full access to the internal parameters of the ensemble effects.
    - Optional divide-down mode featuring organ style phase-locked octaves
    - 3-Band Equalizer: Each band can be configured and automated via the LFO
    - Filter: 5 modes (LP2, LP4, BP, HP2, HP4), resonance, cutoff modulation via ADSR envelope, LFO, velocity or keyfollow
    - Amplifier section: Attack and Release. (Decay and Sustain are available as under-the-hood parameters.)
    - For each oscillator a simple organ envelope can be selected as an alternative to the ADSR envelope.
    - 1 LFO routable to pitch (vibrato), Filter cutoff or equalizer automation.
    - Optional note sync.
    - Selectable keyboard split point for bass and string footages
    - Effects section: Phaser (two models) + Delay/Echo
    - configurable effect routing
Last edited by interruptor on Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

I've loved your freebies so I'll be sure to check this out. I hope it's a big success for you.

You're a Legend. Will give it a try. :tu:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Hey, that sounds really great... and great price too !

Will try it out soon
___The Jepptunes___
"Accept All the Good"

Sound design for SQ8L and Alchemy

Soon as I get some spare pennies I will be getting this ..... you had me at the Oxygene part 1 setting :love:

This one's a SynthEdit creation folks a good one though. :)
I wish developers would at least mention or acknowledge if their Synth was created by Synthedit.
If nothing else but to credit Jeff either in their KVR post or somewhere on their website.
By not doing so perpetuates the stigma of Synthedit. It becomes a dirty little secret that everyone tries to hide. :) Only little breadcrumbs like its 32 bit hint what it is.
Sorry to sound negative not meaning to take anything away from Night Flight.

@aquar: It seems while looking for breadcrumbs you overlooked the organic wholegrain loaf of bread in the middle of the table.. :) Section 9 of the user manual actually goes:
9 Credits

• Built with Synthedit by Jeff Mc Clintock
http://www.synthedit.com

• Third Party modules were used by David Haupt, Dan Worrall,
Attilla Füstös

• GUI controls were created using Knobman
http://www.g200kg.com/en/software/knobman.html

• The executable was packed using UPX
http://upx.sourceforge.net
It's not my intention to hide the use of Synthedit. Jeff is the boss. His contribution to the VST world can not be overestimated!

Thanks for mentioning that Night Flight is "a good one"!

regards
Daniel / Interruptor
Last edited by interruptor on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

interruptor wrote: It's not my intention to hide the use of Synthedit. Jeff is the boss. His contribution to the VST world can not be underestimated!

Thanks for mentioning that Night Flight is "a good one"!

regards
Daniel / Interruptor
Its all cool. :)
Never be ashamed of using Synthedit.

This sounds really good Daniel! I love String Ensembles! :-)

--Sean
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

Just purchased it .... thank you very much :)

Oops, I had not seen you already have a thread, posted on your KVR product page instead. Anyway, definitely a good SE synth :)

The only thing I don't like so much is the fonts, they are hard to read somehow. The fonts used for the title are so much easier on the eye.

Of course it is not a universal synth (though much more flexible than meets the eye), but it is very good at what it does :) It can sound really lush and doesn't even consume much CPU.

The controls are pretty cool and professional. I have never seen controls like those tiny live oscilloscope sliders, that change with PW setting :D

I hate the fact some people still come up with great SE plugins, I finally want to switch to 64 bit without bridge :cry: :hihi:

PS: Just noticed one minor optical issue: The filter section header seems flawed and too short:
(----------- -----Filter---------------)

I just got Night flight.
For many years I was looking for the perfect Jean Michel Jarre strings.
With Night flight I got it. Fantastic sound!!! :-)

Gucky wrote:I just got Night flight.
For many years I was looking for the perfect Jean Michel Jarre strings.
With Night flight I got it. Fantastic sound!!! :-)
+1

That "vintage Oxygene pt 1" patch is frigging just like the man himself :-o :love:

I bought it as well :)

Is the symmetry knob on the Ensemble panel that asymmetrical on purpose? :) Or maybe the clip and symmetry knobs are the wrong way round. Just wondering...

Awesome...For this price a must have vst-plugin :love:

Return to “Instruments”